Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

speed cameras, and strip club

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
From my councillor...

Many residents have been concerned at the proposal for a strip club in the basement of the Plaza. The campaign group is circulating the following message:

Strip-Club Proposal/Planning Appeal on Rodmere Street. Pre-hearing meeting with Chris Roberts, Tuesday 9th October, Council Chamber, Woolwich Town Hall. 7.00

Chris Roberts (council leader) is holding a workshop about the strip-club planning appeal. At this meeting, Chris will explain to attendees (and especially those who wish to attend the actual planning appeal), what we should say at the appeal that is likely to work in our favour. Chris will also be telling us what the council is doing in preparation for the appeal.
We need a good turnout for this meeting please as this is our last shot to get rid of the strip-club once and for all. (The actual planning hearing is a week later on the 16th, 17th and 18th October).

Congestion charge rumours:

Clearly people are concerned following press stories – and an item on the BBC news - that a congestion charge is about to be put in place – I’ve heard all sorts of stories about what is or is not being done. This is the Council’s official press statement.

"Of all the issues raised with us in Greenwich, none is mentioned as repeatedly as that of the volume of traffic. It is therefore important for us to address this problem and to that end, with the support of Transport for London, we have been considering options for reducing traffic through the A206 corridor.
This includes traffic modelling of potential options including charging, which can then inform a thorough debate and discussion which needs to be had with local residents and businesses.
It is important to stress that the Council has made no decision and will not do so in advance of understanding the impact of any proposal on local business and the views of local residents. We anticipate receiving the outcome of TfL studies later in the autumn."

Comments

• Options
    dude, none of this makes sense!! what is the plaza???
  • Options
    i think it's where stars was. opposite greenwich hospital.
  • Options
    Easy

Strip Club: X in the Yes box
    Cameras: X in the No box
  • Options
    how funny, i nearly bought a flat in the Plaza!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]From my councillor...

I'm just glad that Razil is getting some treatment. At last : - )
  • Options
    ha ha
  • Options
    If the strip club gets approved will they be selling Season Tickets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]If the strip club gets approved will they be selling Season Tickets.

No but Valley Gold get first choice of seats.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]If the strip club gets approved will they be selling Season Tickets.

yes and if you go down you'll get a free one next season!! ;-)
  • Options
    ..but surely that would be counsellor?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought you live in Welling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i think it's where stars was. opposite greenwich hospital.

aah, the days of la-de-das!
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited September 2007
    Didn't some Norwegian place combine the two? Nearly, come to think of it, they had topless women holding up speed limits to slow people down. Perhaps they could open the A2 up as one long strip club to keep the traffic on there...
  • Options
    I have fingers in many pies, I actually live in blackfen and have properties in welling and greenwich 'proper'
  • Options
    See that's what wrong with these politicians worried about Strip Clubs & speed cameras when stabbings, shootings, underage drinking, thieving etc goes completely unchallenged. Things like that just wind me up, if a strip club opened up near me I would be in favour FFS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]how funny, i nearly bought a flat in the Plaza!!!

I'm reliably informed that Kish used to live there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]how funny, i nearly bought a flat in the Plaza!!!

I'm reliably informed that Kish used to live there.

Kish lived in Bird in Hand Lane in Bickley for the past few years (road next to mine)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I have fingers in many pies, I actually live in blackfen and have properties in welling and greenwich 'proper'[/quote]

You need to come out of denial Razil old chap - you live in Welling. Just like I lived in Charlton!!

Very wise move not selling the East Greenwich flat though, what with the ex-Missus under the patio and all that eh?? nudge, nudge etc
  • Options
    cant beat a strip club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Didn't some Norwegian place combine the two? Nearly, come to think of it, they had topless women holding up speed limits to slow people down. Perhaps they could open the A2 up as one long strip club to keep the traffic on there...

Urrrrggghh!! Not if they use the locals.....Nipples down round theyre knees, gunts spilling out from all angles from their hot pants.... Enough to put you off your nuclear coffee from the Wild Bean Cafe!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't the A2 go all the way up to the Old kent road and bermondsey?

ugh - now there's a scary thought!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]cant beat off in a strip club.

Certainly not, you'll get arrested for that! :0)
  • Options
    I live in Blackfen, don't know if that's better or worse??
  • Options
    you little minx sco
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

yes and if yougo downyou'll get a free one next season!! ;-)

LOL