Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm feckin' livid

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
who agreed to change the date of the Arsenal away game from New Years Day to the Tuesday 7.45pm ?? No footie on either Boxing Day or New Years Day. Feckin' disgrace. Plus, back at work on the 2nd means some fans will not be able to make it. Football isn't for the fans anymore. It really is a disgrace. We agreeed to this. Why ??????????

Comments

• Options
    it does seem weird that they can just change it for their own convenience.

the players want to go out on the piss on new years eve?

is it because there is a new years day parade in london which would effect travel? unlikely. they should give a reason rather than saying they've agreed between themselves.

it was always going to please some and not others.
  • Options
    Agree but been like that for ages now,use to love the late 70s the 80s and most of the 90s thats when Boxing days and New year days were pure magic and the real terrace banter!sheer bliss!great memories as most of the time it was derby day
  • Options
    according to the Arsenal site it's due to reaaranged Sky games on Saturday 30th that have had a knock-on effect as it were. As I said football is definately no longer for the fans.
  • Options
    I'm with you on this LA, I'm well pissed off about it.
  • Options
    I can well understand you being miffed.
    Personally I am away for NY and don't get back until the 2nd so I'm more than happy with the move - and I prefer evening games!
  • Options
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]I can well understand you being miffed.
    Personally I am away for NY and don't get back until the 2nd so I'm more than happy with the move - and I prefer evening games!

Each to there own but I can't understand how anyone can prefer evening games!
  • Options
    [cite] Barn Door Lisbie:[/cite]
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]I can well understand you being miffed.

Each to there own but I can't understand how anyone can prefer evening games!

I find that the atmosphere tends to be a lot better
  • Options
    Evening games are great if you can fit work around them as the atmosphere does seem to be better often.

Two recent examples: The wins against Liverpool last season and Spuds the season before.

However if work arrangements are difficult then Saturdays at 3:00 is far better.
  • Options
    and why not 8pm. At least it'll give us a chance of getting there.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Atmosphere is better and I don't have to dictate/disrupt the family's weekend :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i always tend to get far more hammered before a night game. why is that?

* she says looking at bloody clock - time is dragging *
  • Options
    Quite happy about the move, the idea of going to the Lucky Soul night, then going to Fabric, then the football was pushing it a bit, at least I get a bit of sleep between!
  • Options
    are you going out on NYE then?