Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell, Sir Chris Of

MCSMCS
edited October 2006 in General Charlton
How funny was it to see him bust a tunnel celebration, in a charlton shirt, whilst playin for the other team. Top man.

Comments

• Options
    The man is a legend and will hopefully be back at the club one day in some capacity (along with Kinsella)
  • Options
    Aye to that, both top cafc legends.
  • Options
    he kissed the badge as well.

loving that
  • Options
    wonder how we would of react if we're in a relegation battle, and Andy Reid puts on a Spurs shirt and starts running round White Hart Lane at the end ?
  • Options
    Andy Reid hardly played for Spurs though and was never regarded with the same affection at WHL as Powell is at the Valley.

Maybe if Andy Reid put on a Spurs shirt and ran around wherever they play their reserves games and you might have a point.
  • Options
    lol, i was just wondering what Watford fans must of made of it all.

Not too sure he pleased i would be seeing one of our players jumping up and down like a loonie in another teams shirt and kissing the badge, particularly if they were likely to be possible relegation rivals !
  • Options
    But he's only been a Watford player for a few games, if I was a Watford fan I'm not sure I'd be that bothered, they got a point away from home in a six pointer and were presumably happy with that.

BTW...I sent the cheque off today to you for the charity match. Apologies for being slow I had to get a new cheque book and it took ages to arrive. Hopefully you'll have it in a few days.
  • Options
    Saw him interviewed on Football Focus- he got the "we" and "them" the right way around, but, despite the smile, you sort of knew where his heart was!
  • Options
    [cite] BlackForestReds:[/cite]
    BTW...I sent the cheque off today to you for the charity match. Apologies for being slow I had to get a new cheque book and it took ages to arrive. Hopefully you'll have it in a few days.

cheers for that.
  • Options
    Chris powell is an absolute legend, a breathe of fresh air as far as the modern day footballer is concerned, gutted he was only with us for a short time.

Always gets a great reception from us, he gave us a cheeky little crossed hammers sign with his arms last year at the valley which i thought was great.

Bumped into him at half-time at highbury last season on the concourse and shook his hand, thought it was great he was with the fans and not in an exec box.

Top man.