Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbishley....

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
...was on Goals On Sunday, and stated that he's finished his break and he's available. Where do we think he's off to? West Ham would be my guess..... with Newcastle a close 2nd.

Comments

• Options
    I reckon you might be right there.

Have to say, the sooner he gets a job the better. Until he does his shadow just seems to be looming over us a bit. To be fair he's always been quite diplomatic about us since he's gone and has in fact gone out of his way to defend us, but I hope he gets another job soon!
  • Options
    What about back to Charlton? Stranger things have happened......
    Dowie gets sacked and the board ask Curbs to come back as a caretaker manager to steady the ship as they say until a suitable replacement is found, wonder what odds you'd get on that.

Who'd have thought Redknapp would go back to Pompey once he left.
  • Options
    My money would be on West Ham. Thought we were going to lose him to them on a couple of occasions.
  • Options
    Newcastle if he has a choice.
    Now if we can beat 'em on Saturday we should be doing him a big favour :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]Newcastle if he has a choice.
    Now if we can beat 'em on Saturday we should be doing him a big favour :-)

Newcastle is a massive club so would be progress for Curbs in one way.

Negatives though might be Fat Freddie after a chairman as good as Richard Murray and also the expectation levels up there amongst the fans even though they've done b***er all in years.

West Ham I reckon. Longshot Spurs as Jol is not pulling up any trees and it won't take long for the fickle Spuds to get on his back.
  • Options
    Off It's right though, the sooner he is tied up and out the picture, the easier it will be to move on.
  • Options
    According to the BBC footie rumours Birmingham have been after him too...as will just about every club in the EPL and top of the CCC.
  • Options
    So I make it to date that Curb's has been linked to the job at leeds, Middlesboro, Newcastle, West Ham, Birmingham and where else?
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] BlackForestReds:[/cite]So I make it to date that Curb's has been linked to the job at leeds, Middlesboro, Newcastle, West Ham, Birmingham and where else?

Lets face it- outside of the top 5 or six jobs- he'll probably be bookie's choice, if not the club chairman's!

West Ham or Newcastle for me- with Newcastle being the better move!
  • Options
    West Ham or Newcastle for me- with Newcastle being the better move!

If he went to Newcastle, I wonder what Scotty would make of it - didn't him and Curbs kiss and make up after he left for Chelsea?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'd be fine.
    Curbs knows Parker is Newcastle's best player so he certainly wouldn't want to fall out with him!
    His book says they kissed and made up the season after he left us.
  • Options
    And likewise if he went to West Ham re Paul Konchesky????
  • Options
    My money is on Newcastle.....I expect West HAm, after they've been taken over, to go for a high profile name..
  • Options
    West Brom wanted him as well.
  • Options
    I would like to see the look on Jason Euells face if Curbs went to Boro.
  • Options
    Man City ?? Big profile , fan base,
  • Options
    Newcastle would be a good fit i believe, but i just can't see him moving more north than Birmingham.
  • Options
    [cite] 1905:[/cite]I would like to see the look on Jason Euells face if Curbs went to Boro.

Yeah that would be worth being a fly on the boro dressing room wall!! lol