Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welling V Woking Non League Day this coming Saturday

edited August 2011 in General Charlton

Hello guys and girls

Just a quick note to remind addicks that its Non league Day this coming Saturday and theres a ding dong at Park View Road as Welling (Top of the League and unbeaten and won last 4 games) play Woking. Woking are in form and have let in 1 goal this season!

Woking should bring 300 plus fans so there will be a great atmosphere and it would be great if a massive chunk of addicks could turn up to get behind Welling in a massive game.

If you come , get behind the goal with the Wings fans. This should be an absolute cracker.

Theres plenty of highlights on the Welling site (including the friendly v Charlton and yesterdays game) http://www.wellingunited.com hit Photos&Videos , Andy Pugh scored another worldy yesterday from 20 yards in the 3-0 win v Eastbourne.

It really would be good if a decent amount of your fans turn up on Saturday as it could help Welling go 5 points clear at the top if all goes to plan.

Not sure if Welling are doing any deals to entice people in for Non League Day, will post if i hear anything.

Cheers, hope to see you there Saturday for a big game at Welling, your support really would be appreciated by all at Park View Road.

Comments

• Good wins for Welling and Woking today. Should be a good top of the table clash.
  • Will be there
  • Excellent would be amazing to get a big charlton following on Saturday for such an attractive game between the top 2 as Woking reckon they are bringing 400 fans on Saturday.

I know there are a few of you who like to think of Welling as your second club or a team you like to do so well. So grab a friend or the family and come down for one day that should be a great match between two teams that play football the way it should be on a good pitch.

If we could win this we could go 5 points clear which with momentum and some other teams dropping points would give us a great foundation for the season.

Come on you Wings

Come on you Addicks

• Up for it. Will cheer on Woking if I go though, as I consider Welling a local rival (OK, many divisions below at present, but that could change) and would never actively support a local rival.
  • Ignore the troll.
  • Went over to Thurrock yesterday, a nice 4-1 win for the Wings ... looking good, and it's a top of the table clash ...
  • Ah, Welling.

Anyone else remember their epic FAC game with Blackburn at PVR when the wall collapsed?

I was in the opposing end and really thought something terrible might have happened but I don't think there were any serious injuries.

I am racking my brains for the score of the game itself, I have a feeling Blackburn won 1-0?

• Just realised after watching this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69D94sZELw

.....that I have the wrong game, I was not at the Blackburn game at all!

The game I am thinking of must have been an earlier round and it was definitely a night game - any ideas?

• Bath City
  • Bath City

Hmmm, OK. I thought it might have been League opposition because the ground was packed and it was a fever pitch atmosphere.

I guess that must have been because the winner got to play Blackburn.

• Sponsored links:

• It was Bath City. I broke my arm.
    Blimey, never knew that ....

Like I said, nothing serious...:)
  • I will be going to a non league match this Saturday, 

F.A Cup preliminary round   Biggleswade Town V Haringey & Waltham Development

Come on the Waders!
  • That bath match was a cracker. Bar the swansea game, welling seemed to go 4 or 5 years getting a home draw every round. Great days.
  • Bath City

Hmmm, OK. I thought it might have been League opposition because the ground was packed and it was a fever pitch atmosphere.

I guess that must have been because the winner got to play Blackburn.

there were a few other midweek games against league opposition, gillingham and a couple against reading, can't remember if the barrier collapsed at these or the bath replay one
  • That bath match was a cracker. Bar the swansea game, welling seemed to go 4 or 5 years getting a home draw every round. Great days.

What was the score in the Bath game? Obviously the Wings won the game, but was it 1-0? Did the diminutive Terry Robbins score?
  • 3 - 2 real cracker
  • Ignore the troll.
    Not trolling. I bought a Woking replica goolkeepers top when we played them pre-season as they were doing them for only a tenner, which I will be wearing to cheer on the Cardigans on Saturday. I know a few Brighton fans that used to have the same aw-bless attitude to Crawley that we have to Welling, and now Crawley are in the league and threatening to take fans off them. That's why I don't want Welling to do well. You are walking around with your eyes shut if you can't see the potential threat.
  • Ignore the troll.
    Not trolling. I bought a Woking replica goolkeepers top when we played them pre-season as they were doing them for only a tenner, which I will be wearing to cheer on the Cardigans on Saturday. I know a few Brighton fans that used to have the same aw-bless attitude to Crawley that we have to Welling, and now Crawley are in the league and threatening to take fans off them. That's why I don't want Welling to do well. You are walking around with your eyes shut if you can't see the potential threat.
    But it will be at least two seasons before Welling will be in the league, and we'll be back in the prem by then.

....I hope
  • Sponsored links:

• Bath City game was a snorter, We went 2-0 down and were in trouble but their striker got sent off and we came back. Park End Railings collapsed people fell on the pitch and we scored the winner with afree kick to set up a game v Blackburn Rovers in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Good luck to the guy who will be supporting woking this saturday , its non league day so support any non league team you like and go watch a game.

PS their nickname is the Cards or Cardinals not Cardigans lol.

• Ignore the troll.
    Brighton aren't going to worry about Crawley stealing their fans, one they're in different counties and two, Brighton have a new ground which is filled each week!
  • Bath City
    Remember that game. Phil Handford scored with a screamer to win the game from 2-0 down and set up the blackburn tie.
  • Following on, I used to go to Welling a lot with my Dad back in the late eighties when Charlton were away. Dont have the time anymore with kids / living in Surrey etc vut always look out for their results. Still remember the starting line up from the best season they eveer had: Barron, Horton, Ransom, Glover, Hone, White, Handford, Clemence, Reynolds, Robbins, Booker.

Best games; 1-0 win v Gillingham courtesy of a Mark Hone header, the epic Reading series including the Barron penalty save and of course the Blackburn match. Still insist the Glover header was over the line!
  • Used to love that team and Phil the waddling duck Handford was my favourite.

Remember trevor booker used to turn up on a push bike !
  • Following on, I used to go to Welling a lot with my Dad back in the late eighties when Charlton were away. Dont have the time anymore with kids / living in Surrey etc vut always look out for their results. Still remember the starting line up from the best season they eveer had: Barron, Horton, Ransom, Glover, Hone, White, Handford, Clemence, Reynolds, Robbins, Booker.

Best games; 1-0 win v Gillingham courtesy of a Mark Hone header, the epic Reading series including the Barron penalty save and of course the Blackburn match. Still insist the Glover header was over the line!
    were burgess and abbott not in the squad during that season?  booker must have been one of the slowest players ive ever seen and reynolds had a cracking michael bolton mullet!
  • edited August 2011
    Brighton aren't going to worry about Crawley stealing their fans, one they're in different counties and two, Brighton have a new ground which is filled each week!
    They are worried, not in terms of short-term, but potential long-term if their bubble should burst or Crawley catch up to them (which given the money CTFC are throwing around isn't an impossibility). Crawley is the nearest league club to Albion by a long chalk. Brighton have never filled their new ground. Capacity is 22,500 and attendances are usually sub-20k, and likely to drop exponentially in future seasons should success on the field dry up. Both clubs are in Sussex, which is the only county border Sussex people recognise (the East and West division is bureaucratic arsecakes).
  • edited September 2011

Some offers in the Bar on Saturday at Welling. For the Welling V Woking match

Happy Hour in Bar on Saturday 130-230pm

Fosters 2.50 a pint
    Real Ale
    2.50 a pint

Bottled Beer and Ciders £2 a bottle

Hot and Cold food
    available Pies £2 , Chilli And Rice £2, Filled Rolls £1.50

Will be
    highlights of Season so far on Big Screen too.

• Real Ale, £2.50 a pint?

What brews do you have, Mr Wellingfan?
  • Watched a bit of Thurrock v Welling.

Their away support was better than a few of our games last season....