Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the transfer deadline day thread

Comments

• Options
    Benik Afobe set to sign 3 month loan with Chesterfield.
  • Options
    Can't wait for Jim White to come on air. Gonna be bananas.
  • Options
    David Bentley on season long loan to hammer's from spurs 
  • Options
    West Ham have made a couple of good signings today. Lansbury and Bentley in on loan, added to their signings already in Nolan, O'Brien, Carew, along with keeping Green and Cole.

As much as I hate them they've got a pretty decent squad, and I'd be very surprised if they don't get automatic promotion this season.
  • Options
    I come in from nearly six hours without Internet access and we've signed ..... no one. What an anti climax. Cmon CP pull yer finger out.
  • Options
    I come in from nearly six hours without Internet access and we've signed ..... no one. What an anti climax. Cmon CP pull yer finger out.

Suspect we might get some news if Leicester confirm Beckford. Bid accepted.
  • Options
    So does anyone think we will sign anyone... other than the Darlington striker who their fans don't rate.
  • Options
    Something happening now
  • Options
    So does anyone think we will sign anyone... other than the Darlington striker who their fans don't rate.
    that Spanish CB? 
  • Options
    CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic FC  
    So, you must all be about ready for a signing... (MW) #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    here we go!!!
  • Options
    Not again, I want to leave in 15 minutes 
  • Options
    Either Smith or Rojas I expect or both
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We've only made 18 signings this Summer , i thought we would have least signed another 10 players today.
  • Options
    Michael smith
  • Options
    Into League One, and Darlington have confirmed that 19-year-old striker Michael Smith has joined Charlton Athletic on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.
  • Options
    Arsenal are in talk's with Arteta according to the BBC
  • Options
    Arsenal are in talk's with Arteta according to the BBC

Another one we've missed out on today. Where's this significant investment we were promised?
  • Options
    We have done some great business this summer, beyond our expectations but with cort coming in on loan and a very much unwanted Benson set to stay it just goes to show that the final pieces of the jigsaw just haven't quite managed to come off. On balance though if Smith (and perhaps Rojas) will be the last... 9/10 for the summer's activity and 10/10 for fun... It has been fairly epic!
  • Options
    I do hope to see a Benno replacement by the time I get back from my rugby training!!! That is of course if he goes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Let it be known that West Ham United will now be known as Lady Penelope FC. They have got a Bentley but don't have a Parker to drive it...Boom Boom
  • Options
    so whats happened today then?

Only in Michael  Smith and only out Robbie Elliot?
  • Options
    Someone has just tweeted BWP to Birmingham City. Can't see that.
  • Options
    only if they send scott dann and cameron jerome this way
  • Options
    #BBCFootball Birmingham City are closing in on Charlton's Bradley Wright-Phillips.
  • Options
    @cafcofficial. Unlikely to be anymore #cafc related business today.
  • Options
    Those Brummies can do one.
  • Options
    worried now
  • Options
    Bwp to birmingham has been mooted for a few days. Fingers crossed nothing in it...bit disappointed it looks like we are done, always wanted us to go mad on deadline day!
  • Options
    @CAFCOfficial Not to pre-empt anything - and there are never any guarantees - but I would be surprised if there was any more #cafc activity tonight (MW)