Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gamble - Cork City

edited May 2007 in Rumours
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/charlton-may-take-gamble-686559.html

Comments

• do you think he could be an addick?
  • could be worth a punt
  • edited May 2007
    With a name like that, how can he lose??
  • Isn't it a bit of a risk?
  • I bet he would be interested
  • trouble is now the story is out, its going to accumulate interest
  • probably odds on to to go to West Ham now
  • Better get onto the bookies then before the odds shorten
  • shall we open a book on him signing ??
  • the only question that needs answering is if he met Danielle Lloyd would he poker?
  • Sponsored links:

• That would be a lottery!But you do have to speculate to accumulate
  • reading that report though, i'm not convinced an imminent deal is on the cards
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]the only question that needs answering is if he met Danielle Lloyd would he poker?

lol, quality.
  • Reading already have the inside track at Cork.

Makes you wonder what our 'European Scout' (Baden Powell morelike) was doing during Curbs time....
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Reading already have the inside track at Cork.

Makes you wonder what our 'European Scout' (Baden Powell morelike) was doing during Curbs time....
    i dont get it
  • We never had any decent young players come through Europe during Curbs pals time there

In fact we havent had *any* decent young players for ages...
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]We never had any decent young players come through Europe during Curbs pals time there

What about Lisbie?
  • squad number won't be a problem.he has always been a lucky 15
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]We never had any decent young players come through Europe during Curbs pals time there

We just signed an under 21 danish international, we've got 3 kids that we own in Finland and Belguim, we got a tie up now with the Irish club St Josephs and have a director on one of the FAI League committees. Things are changing but it takes time and money. Also in Phil Haverson we have a scout with a huge amount of knowledge of the domestic and overseas market.

As for this Gamble - what if he's not picked? will he go off in a huff? (I'll get my leather trench coat....)
  • apparently his game is best suited to long-ball tictacs
  • Sponsored links:

• the rumour is a load of craps
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]We never had any decent young players come through Europe during Curbs pals time there

I know they're not European but i'd expect Wright and Arter to feature in the team at some point next season.
  • edited May 2007
    Travelled to Blackburn with the squad.
  • We might get pipped at the post on this one
  • Not sure if we want too many Irish players. Before you know it they'll all be shouting for Paddy Power.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]We never had any decent young players come through Europe during Curbs pals time there

I know they're not European but i'd expect Wright and Arter to feature in the team at some point next season.

can't see it. surely they have to be loaned out (with recall clauses) so the gamble isn't taken with our 1st team.
    remember last year we loaned out walker, john, youga, weston etc, so (imo) whoever out of those we retain will be nearer the squad than arter and wright.
  • Since cribb-age this boy has been ace. Newcastle where interested, but he didn't want to play for the pontoon army - "You're jo-king aren't you? I want to play for Card-iff."
  • He card be the ace up our sleeve we need though.

This season Pardew said it was squaky bum time, lets hope next season we'll have a Gin Rummy Tummy
  • Apparently he's a bit of a rough diamond. Loyal to his clubs, and has a good heart. Not sure how he's going to fit into our nicey nicey image though as i've heard reports he' known for calleing a spade, a spade.
  • Have you swallowed a thesaurus Smudge?