Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'd take Waggy out Rhodes in if offered

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Would you? NB I have no source re either of these, but if the link to the Barnet winger from Sky sports is true it suggest Waggy might be off, Slater has said we are signing another 20 goals a season striker, fees would be similar presumably (circa £1.5k each), I'd take it - we need another out and out goalscorer and in L1 Rhodes is the best option. Waggy is great but no longer a starter. Better for him to be a squad player somewhere like Brighton/Leicester on twice the money of being a squad player here, imho. Tomorrow/today/Wednesday is going to be more interesting than any of us know. PS Cody McDonald is shit.

Comments

• Rhodes would cost well over 1.5m, no chance.
  • Would you? NB I have no source re either of these, but if the link to the Barnet winger from Sky sports is true it suggest Waggy might be off, Slater has said we are signing another 20 goals a season striker, fees would be similar presumably (circa £1.5k each), I'd take it - we need another out and out goalscorer and in L1 Rhodes is the best option. Waggy is great but no longer a starter. Better for him to be a squad player somewhere like Brighton/Leicester on twice the money of being a squad player here, imho. Tomorrow/today/Wednesday is going to be more interesting than any of us know. PS Cody McDonald is shit.
    I know your name's spirit, but have you been on them tonight as you seem very aggressive and sweary.................chill, everythings beautiful.
  • Waggy is going to be an important player in the future of CAFC. Powell really appreciates his atributes as well. He won't be moving unless a very big club comes in for him.
  • Scott is going nowhere, he provides cover on the right and in the middle and scores important goals.
  • Barnet winger may well be cover for left wing, which we need.
  • Waggy has just signed a new contract, hardly going to move him straight on 
  • Where has this talk of Jordan Rhodes come from?Huddersfield would never sell their top scorer to a fellow League one Promotion contender!!
  • edited August 2011
    Brighton being linked with Rhodes today, be interesting to see what the price is if he goes to them. Presume Cody McDonald will sign for someone today as Norwich have been trying to offload him all summer, and I suspect they'll have to drop their over-the-top 600k asking price. I think both McDonald and Le Fondre are overrated based largely on L2 performances a la Izale McLeod. With Slater's comments about signing another "20 goals a season striker", I don't know who we can get that ISN'T going to cost 1m plus, unless it's someone at the end of their career which doesn't fit with the whole resale value thing. I reckon it's going to be a real surprise whoever it is.
  • Cody Mc set to sign for Coventry apparently.
  • If Jordan Rhodes is going anywhere it'll be into the CCC or prem not to a rival.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we not reading too much into what Slater said about signing a 20 goal a season striker? I don't recall what he said exactly but did he say a proven 20 goal man who does it year in year out, or maybe a player who the club believe has the potential to get those goals?
  • I've had a text from an Everton mate of mine. Saying Wagstaff is wanted by them? Can't really see that TBH but stranger things have happenend.
  • I've had a text from an Everton mate of mine. Saying Wagstaff is wanted by them? Can't really see that TBH but stranger things have happenend.
    the thing is that Wagstaff is a VERY VERY good footballer with a lot of potential, why is everyone so amazed that he may be wanted by other clubs .. look what Moyes made from the raw material that was Aussie Cahill
  • Every time I see this topic I read it as "I'd take Waggy out in Rhodes", and keep thinking "that's a bit of a long way to go for a date, even for a footballer"