Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Bite their hand off" deal if true...

WSSWSS
edited May 2007 in Rumours
BIRMINGHAM boss Steve Bruce is planning to hand Charlton winger Jerome Thomas a Premiership lifeline in a £1.8million deal.

The 24-year-old is expected to be the next player to leave The Valley following Hermann Hreidarsson's switch to Portsmouth.

The ex-Arsenal trainee, who cost Charlton £100,000, was meant to join Fulham in January but the plug was pulled at the last minute.

Charlton boss Alan Pardew is planning to use the funds from Thomas' sale to bring in QPR's Lee Cook.

Comments

• great deal, especially if it's true about Cook at QPR who's a very good winger. i'm glad to see pards isn't scared to cull all the players who need to go.
  • Fulham are said to be interested in Cook so we ahd better hurry up if its true.
  • Dare I say it that Spurs have been tracking Cook for a good twelve months now and we had a late bid for him turned down on the last transfer deadline day. However, now we've signed Bale, I dont think we'll be taking it any further.
  • Nice little profit on Thomas would be nice as we seem to lose out a lot on transfers.

Also helps with the old wage bill premiership wage gone Championship wage in
  • Stolen from NA

Defenders – Leighton Baines will be at West Ham if the players involved in the swap agree to the move the opposite way. Luke Young at Charlton will come if he agrees to be cover for Lucas Neil. Also don't rule out a move for Roberto Carlos on a one year deal.

West Ham set to pay £7 million plus Marlon Harewood for Charlton's Darren Bent (who will be new number 10 at Upton Park).

Charlton are planning for life in the Championship and will sell Darren Bent and Luke Young to the highest bidders. Kishishev and Marcus Bent are also set to be sold, along with Darren Ambrose. Alex Song is going back to Arsenal and will probably sign for Reading for £2m.

Charlton will then follow the signings of Iwelumo and Varney by signing Darren Purse, Kevin Nicholls and David Unsworth to add beef to the side. They also need a goalkeeper, and will sign Carlo Nash as their keeper.

Addicks fans can expect their team to lool like this next season:

Nash, Sankofa, Purse, Unsworth, Thatcher, Sam, Nicholls, Holland, Thomas, Varney, Iwelumo.

And now to the lower leagues, I use to play in the same boys team with Matt Jarvis of Gillingham and went on a lads holiday to Kavos with him 2 years ago and a deal is expected to be struck between Gillingham and Charlton in the region of 500k seeing Matt quadruple his wages of around 5k a week.
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]

Nash, Sankofa, Purse, Unsworth, Thatcher, Sam, Nicholls, Holland, Thomas, Varney, Iwelumo.

So Andy Reid, Magic and Diawara on the bench then LOL

[cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]

And now to the lower leagues, I use to play in the same boys team with Matt Jarvis of Gillingham and went on a lads holiday to Kavos with him 2 years ago and a deal is expected to be struck between Gillingham and Charlton in the region of 500k seeing Matt quadruple his wages of around 5k a week.

Ha Ha. Must be true then. As soon as someone has to justify how they know via some distant cousin or meeting on holiday you know it's NOT true. As if we'd pay him 20k pw in the CCC.

Bring them on, I love these rubbish rumour like the one about the consortium in Bermuda buying the club that Richard Murray told me was rubbish as he rushed off to the airport to an unnamed Caribbean island. I know it's true as I helped a Charlton fan from Bermuda get a ticket a few years ago and he told me he's part of the consortium. He's just the front man and his name is Adam Davis. Can't tell you who the other partners are as they don't like publicity.
  • Cant take theat team seirously, where is Reid, Ambrose, spenging 2m on Boughra, and doesnt even feature
  • edited May 2007
    "My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar."
    "When will you be back?"
    "I can't tell you that. It's classified."
  • We are to "Sell" Kish? Well that is good biz seeing as he is out of contract. Maybe we should have "sold"JFH too!
  • roberto carlos??????????!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Carlo bloody Nash?
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Stolen from NA

Defenders – Leighton Baines will be at West Ham if the players involved in the swap agree to the move the opposite way. Luke Young at Charlton will come if he agrees to be cover for Lucas Neil. Also don't rule out a move for Roberto Carlos on a one year deal.

West Ham set to pay £7 million plus Marlon Harewood for Charlton's Darren Bent (who will be new number 10 at Upton Park).

Charlton are planning for life in the Championship and will sell Darren Bent and Luke Young to the highest bidders. Kishishev and Marcus Bent are also set to be sold, along with Darren Ambrose. Alex Song is going back to Arsenal and will probably sign for Reading for £2m.

Charlton will then follow the signings of Iwelumo and Varney by signing Darren Purse, Kevin Nicholls and David Unsworth to add beef to the side. They also need a goalkeeper, and will sign Carlo Nash as their keeper.

Total dreamworld loblocks!! It's all guesswork apart from the last bit which is just one of those "I knew a man who knew a man who knew a man" things.