Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Tubbs

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Us and that lot in for crawley striker.  http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_7137096,00.html

Comments

• No thanks. Bench warming for Crawley this season.

Next.
  • Will cost a bit as Crawley don't need to sell.
  • Tubbs is an excellent player, not sure about the step up though but a real goal getter, always in the right place at the right time
  • Would cost a fortune, interesting rumour though
  • would be a terrific signing if we could get him to be honest! And would be nice to beat palarse to a signing too! Although on his twitter he says something about freedman saying he is a legend - so he would probably choose them over us if he had the choice i would imagine...
  • edited August 2011
    This one's come out of nowhere and I can't imagine we'd think about paying what Crawley would want for him. 

Are Palace definitely known to be interested? Maybe the agent has leaked a fake rumour about us joining the race to try to get Palace to bump up their offer?
  • Freedman said that the only business Palace would be doing it to renew that loans that they've got.
  • edited August 2011
    A typical 'skysports understands' piece - Absolutely nothing of any substance in it all.

We might be tracking a player and might be lining up a bid to test a teams resolve!?!

Wow!
  • Why does the window SLAM shut? Why can't it just shut?
  • Sponsored links:

Same reason we swoop or pounce on players, never just sign them up.
    The hinges are very rusty, you have to give it a big ol tug to get it to close properly. FACT,
  • edited August 2011
    Don't sign him , 40 goals in 45 games ,  totally unproven at this level, and he's only 5 foot 9.
  • we should of got lua lua wednesday fans think there going to win league now with him haha 
  • Not sure that he represents value for money (at least at this level), TBH...
  • he can clearly finish and that doesnt change watever level you play at only seen him once in a fa cup game and he scored against a higher level club i believe
  • Two words...Stuart Fleetwood
  • Perhaps its part of the development strategy ? If like with Pope and Evina we can afford to take a punt then why not ? Can't see him displacing BWP or Hayes and not a replacement for Benson and would be behind Euell so bring it on.
    Somebody on Sky described it as a transfer "door" the other day.
  • edited August 2011
    Perhaps its part of the development strategy ? If like with Pope and Evina we can afford to take a punt then why not ? Can't see him displacing BWP or Hayes and not a replacement for Benson and would be behind Euell so bring it on.
    I don't think we can call it part of the development strategy as he's 27 years old.

They must believe he's good enough to make a difference this season (if this rumour has any truth to it at all)
  • Sponsored links:

Somebody on Sky described it as a transfer "door" the other day.
    Definitely a window, just ask Tyrone Mears
  • Too short?

Done well since he left us
  • I prefer Transfer Portal :-)
  • Transfer flap

Done well since he left us
    theres a big difference in the age as well fleetwood would of been in his early twentys when he tried to make the step up tubbs is 27 could make no diference at all but maybe thats why he didnt do so well
    Another two... Bradley Pritchard, ie I personally trust our non-league scouting a lot more these days.
  • I am all in favour of signing players that are in form as I believe they cache take that form into what ever and which ever club they join, even if only for 1 season.

But and its a big but u can only sign them if you intend to play them, signing these players and keeping them in the bench does not work and causes them to be a flop or seem to be a flop .

This could be a potential risk for both tubbs and SCP . And for that reason I am out on this one
  • Don't sign him , 40 goals in 45 games ,  totally unproven at this level, and he's only 5 foot 9.

Is he fast?
  • He could cost Wright-Phillips his place (I hope that WP's knee is not going to be a cause for concern all season). Tubbs is a natural, though, as has been said, untried above conference/division2 level