Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****PLEASE HELP****

Comments

• Options

Sadie I know I am probably teaching you how to suck eggs, but have the local press and indeed national press been informed.

All the best

• Options
    Signed. Good luck with it.
  • Options
    Those of you on Faceache - like and tell your friends:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Howbury-Friends/133145066699221

I set that page up, as you can see I am admin. lol 

No I didn't know you were admin, but I thought I'd link it here. If you or anyone is on Twitter then do the same.

Second, I'd make an official complaint about Ray Sams.

Also, contact local media - TV, radio and press, get them involved. Contact your local MP - if he's a Tory remind him/her about Call-me-Dave's committment to the "Big Society".

Perhaps you could also form a political party at the next local elections, call yourselves the "Howbury Party" contest all the local wards where there are people who use that facility...on second thoughts that's a lousy idea and will never work...

• Options
    Those of you on Faceache - like and tell your friends:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Howbury-Friends/133145066699221

I set that page up, as you can see I am admin. lol 

No I didn't know you were admin, but I thought I'd link it here. If you or anyone is on Twitter then do the same.

Second, I'd make an official complaint about Ray Sams.

Also, contact local media - TV, radio and press, get them involved. Contact your local MP - if he's a Tory remind him/her about Call-me-Dave's committment to the "Big Society".

Perhaps you could also form a political party at the next local elections, call yourselves the "Howbury Party" contest all the local wards where there are people who use that facility...on second thoughts that's a lousy idea and will never work...

love it lol

Sadie I know I am probably teaching you how to suck eggs, but have the local press and indeed national press been informed.

All the best

I thank you all for your input, I have been lucky enough to move away from Slade Green (howbury was the only good thing there for me) I am no longer on the board there and can't volunteer daily as I used to, I still go to and help out at some holiday activities and help them like this by spreading the word. I will also pass on all advice, it has to be Mel, Helen or Eve that takes appropriate action I know Boris has had a letter of complaint as well as a letter of plea and I am pretty sure the local press have been contacted. At this present moment in time there is a literacy workshop just ending, Street dance for the middle group is going on supportive reading has just finished and the teenagers are waiting for their street dance to start. I am not there anymore but still know the routine lol.
  • Options
  • Options
    Done, all the best. My old man was a Slade Green boy so glad to help.
  • Options
    Put on Facebook too...........

Good Luck.
  • Options
    I noticed Paul thank you
  • Options
    Much more of this and I'll become "Ex-MOG". (meant to be a miserable old git....)

Bah !

Humbug !!
  • Options
    Much more of this and I'll become "Ex-MOG". (meant to be a miserable old git....)

Bah !

Humbug !!

oh shut up you miserable old git!

lmao!  is that better? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    I have signed but sorry to see this thread sinking without more signatures
  • Options
    Signed your petition Sadie. Hopefully more will follow.
  • Options
    Bump...
  • Options
    done .. just who do 'councillors' represent nowadays?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Good luck, Sadie. 

If anybody on this thread wants to be horrified by the way their local area is run, pop down to your local council's next full meeting. Worse still, look at the contempt ordinary people are treated with when they try to ask questions there. (I'm talking with experience of Greenwich here - next meeting this Weds - but Bexley seems pretty much a mirror image.) Most councillors now are pretty much party drones who do as they're told - but with the local press dying on its arse, nobody really reports on just how much of a farce local democracy is these days. 

I went to a thing at Bexleyheath School on Thursday with Boris Johnson and Teresa O'Neill - it was basically a pre-election rally for Boris with the Tories sticking up for each other, even when it came to Bexley paying their chief exec £205k/year. Obviously, Labour wouldn't be any different, but it's sad that it's come to this, with party arselickers swaggering around like they're untouchable, making decisions without a second thought for the consequences.
  • Options

Only just seen this & signed.

Good luck.

• Options
    only 58 so far...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we need 2000 signatures to get the case re-opened at the council, with until 30th August to get them, so far 60, please sign and tell your friends.
  • Options
  • Options
    Bump...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options

74 signatures in two weeks? Not knocking this, but it seems that even the people who utilise this facility don't seem that bothered.

• Options
    The Fun Day is tomorrow and they hopefully will raise more awareness...
  • Options

bump

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    I wish I still lived in Slade Green as it appears people that say they are going to sign don't I would bash some heads together lol