Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Note to Chris Powell about our crossing

edited June 2011 in Troubleshooting
John Still hit the nail on the head last season when he said, we take too long to get the ball in the box.

Thanks for the reminder, OEY.  ;o)

Comments

• If we do it too quickly there would be nobody to get on the end of it. I think we need variety but what has to improve more than anything is the quality of our crossing and indeed final ball. I also think we need to focus on winning more of the second ball. If we address both of these, the season should be better.
  • I would say that our crossing was pedestrian
  • its black and white to me
  • It's quicker to go over the bridge than wait for the barriers to go up.
  • What we need to address is our Defence, don't concede goals and you won't lose.
  • we need a defence and a midfield spark.
  • Unless you're stuck behind me, East Terrace :-)
  • Can we have the winger on the opposite side running to a place where they'll be the first to pick up our many over-hit balls.
  • We need to address all areas of the team - focusing on just one would be an error IMO. Despite getting a reasonable tally of goals, I didn't feel they were as free flowing as they could be last season, and if you can achieve that it takes a lot of pressure off your defence.
  • Can we have the winger on the opposite side running to a place where they'll be the first to pick up our many over-hit balls.

We were doing that when Jackson was fit, that was where a lot of his goal scoring chances came from, by taking up good positions on the far side of the box.

We need to address all areas of the team - focusing on just one would be an error IMO. Despite getting a reasonable tally of goals, I didn't feel they were as free flowing as they could be last season, and if you can achieve that it takes a lot of pressure off your defence.
    So what you're saying is, as long as we get a new keeper, new defence, new midfield and new strike force we could have a good season?
  • Sponsored links:

• No, I am happy with our keeper - I want to see a pacy centre half, an attacking wing back, and creative midfileder and a striker who compliments BWP.
  • A couple of wingers who can cross a ball ON THE RUN, without hitting the first defender and the ball landing somewhere near the 6 yard box.

is that too much to ask ?

• The fact is, you need to strengthen in some key postions not change the whole team.