Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong

edited June 2011 in Rumours
Emmanuel Frimpong will love to join a Championship side for more game time

Ghanaian starlet Emmanuel Frimpong has admitted he will consider a move to Championship sides Cardiff City or Charlton Athletic.

The powerful midfielder fell off the pecking order on his return from a cruciate knee ligament injury that kept him out of action for eight months last season.

The 19-year-old, who has not hidden his desire to play for the Black Stars, is unsure about first team play next season at the Emirates.

He says he will consider a move to Cardiff or Charlton Athletic who have made approaches to get regular play.

Frimpong said: “It was a difficult season for me with the injury and the comeback but I think I will need to look elsewhere if the current situation continues.”

“Cardiff and Charlton have made enquiries and my understanding is that they’re very serious about me. If I’m not going to get regular play at Arsenal, then what is the point in staying there? He asked

“I definitely move on and my career with Arsenal will be over.”

=======================================================================================================================

Would be a very decent signing.

Comments

• well Cardiff do not have a manager at the moment so they will not be following it up for the time being
  • Erm.

Are we a Championship side already?

• Emmanuel Frimpong will love to join a Championship side for more game time

Ghanaian starlet Emmanuel Frimpong has admitted he will consider a move to Championship sides Cardiff City or Charlton Athletic.

The powerful midfielder fell off the pecking order on his return from a cruciate knee ligament injury that kept him out of action for eight months last season.

The 19-year-old, who has not hidden his desire to play for the Black Stars, is unsure about first team play next season at the Emirates.

He says he will consider a move to Cardiff or Charlton Athletic who have made approaches to get regular play.

Frimpong said: “It was a difficult season for me with the injury and the comeback but I think I will need to look elsewhere if the current situation continues.”

“Cardiff and Charlton have made enquiries and my understanding is that they’re very serious about me. If I’m not going to get regular play at Arsenal, then what is the point in staying there? He asked

“I definitely move on and my career with Arsenal will be over.”

=======================================================================================================================

Would be a very decent signing.
    I don't trust any source that doesn't even know what league we're in...
  • Good tactic - tell him we are are Championship aiming for promotion - by the time he has signed it will be too late!!

• Would give the Covered End something to do, thinking up a song for him.
  • I think we were linked with him in the past and looks the kind of player we'd be interested in.
  • I think we've been linked with him before? Although it might have been Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.
  • Emanuel frimpong
    Kum ba ar
    Emanuel Frimpong
    Kum ba ar
  • Hmmmm - another Arsenal player who hasn't reached the full expectations and thinks he can just walk into any club. Don't wish to be harsh but, no thanks. The way its looking, if all these rumours are true, we will have the biggest squad in the 4 leagues and very little true quality.  No doubt, this is his agent talking. Moan over!
  • I forsee people moaning about getting a player not good for Arsenal's first team yet lamenting the fact one of our own players went to Arsenal and shouldve stayed because he'd never get a game (and was good).

Funny old world.

• Sponsored links:

• so a player not good enough for Arsenal is not a bad thing?  We will not sign any players from the upper two divisions that a regulars for their current side, we have to sign players from the fringes that can improve us and hopefully grow with us
  • To the melody of Da Doo Ron Ron:

He came into the Valley & our hearts stood still
    Its Frimpong-pong-pong
    It's Frimpong-pong

Somebody told me that his name was, erm
    Frimpong-pong-pong-pong
    It's Frimpong-pong

I'll get my Kagool......................
  • we were definitely linked with him last summer on loan after he had a good showing in the Emirates Cup, but then he did his cruciate. Looked good against Milan when I saw him, and in the Carling Cup
  • didn't do alex song any harm coming to us, hope he'll put in a good word!
  • He was rumoured to join us on loan before but then had quite a serious injury.
  • also just looked it up, i don't know if ghana soccer net is a good source.
  • "I forsee people moaning about getting a player not good for Arsenal's first team yet lamenting the fact one of our own players went to Arsenal and shouldve stayed because he'd never get a game (and was good).

Funny old world."

There is a big difference, as Jenkinson probably should have stayed for another season to progress in League 1, as it is highly likley that he will not be starting for Arsenal next season - at least he would be playing first team football here. Anyway, good luck to him. My objection is that there are numerous 19 & 20 year olds being released by Premier League clubs who think that they have the right to walk into a lower league club, simply because of where they came from. Some players get released because they are not progressing and their attitude is totally wrong. My worry is that some of these type of players will end up here and will be a poor influence on the clubs players - take it from me there will be some coming!
  • I don't think given all our recent investment in scouting that any old rubbish reject is going to walk into our squad.
  • Paul to be fair mate if I was at a prem club as a youngster and watched any of our games last season I would expect to walk into us. If I am really honest if I wasn't such a fat bstd I would expect to walk into our side last season
  • Paul to be fair mate if I was at a prem club as a youngster and watched any of our games last season I would expect to walk into us. If I am really honest if I wasn't such a fat bstd I would expect to walk into our side last season

That is very true! But these type of players haven't even been playing last season and we need a fast fix here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Frimpong is the perfrect replacement for José if he leaves...
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNNi7a9uB6E

He's already got a goal against palace on youtube, surely that's good enough?!
  • Frimpong, Frimpong, Frimpong,Frimpong, Frimpong tiddle i po

And repeat

• Oo ee oo ah ah,Ting tang walla walla Frimpong,Oo ee oo ah ah,Bing bang walla walla Frimpong,Oo ee oo ah ah,Ting tang walla walla Frimpong,Oo ee oo ah ah,Bing bang walla walla Frimpong!
    that's gotta be the one to sing surely?

• Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Ting tang walla walla Frimpong,
    Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Bing bang walla walla Frimpong,
    Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Bing bang walla walla Frimpong!

Class... but reckon he'll be Championship bound :(

• Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Bing bang walla walla Frimpong,
    Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Oo ee oo ah ah,
    Bing bang walla walla Frimpong!

Class... but reckon he'll be Championship bound :(
    Send him the song.  If we sing it, he will come.
  • Oh Frimpong, woah woah oh
    Oh Frimpong, woah woah oh
    He likes to play ping pong
    He thinks Millwall are wrong
    Oh Frimpong, woah woah oh
    etc.
  • I like the sound of him as said above he could be a replacement for Semedo.Would fit the mould of being someone who could improve with us going up the Divisions.
  • I thought Danny Hollands was Semedo's replacement?
  • edited June 2011
    Frimpong couldn't lace Semedo's boots.......... Lets get real here.