Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Hewie Testimonial Programme - For Sale

edited June 2011 in Troubleshooting
8 page programme in very good condition. CAFC XI v International Stars XI

Open auction which closes this Friday 17 June at 5.00 pm

The game was played on 5 May 1966. The Internationals won 3 - 2 in front of 1, 578 raising £302.8s.0d for long John.

Money raised goes to the Academy.

Remember you will need to pay postage, send an SAE or collect.

Comments

• If we collect will you invite us in for tea and biscuits?
  • Not you but anyone else, yes : - )
  • Cheers Ben
  • Who will start us off at £2?
  • Ill go for a fiver

• Well done that man.

I'm softening on the tea and biccies idea
  • I have this programme in the loft, but to save me the effort, I'd be interested to know the teams, particularly the International XI
  • edited June 2011

I remember a John Hewie testimonial match where Johnny Haynes and Jimmy Langley of Fulham played for us.

I thought it was against Chelsea though but could well be wrong.

I've got the programme somewhere from the game I saw and I remember it had a breakdown of John Hewie's appearances by position. If memory serves me right he played in every position for us except outside right and outside left s they were then described. 

• edited June 2011
    I have this programme in the loft, but to save me the effort, I'd be interested to know the teams, particularly the International XI

I remember a John Hewie testimonial match where Johnny Haynes and Jimmy Langley of Fulham played for us.

I thought it was against Chelsea though but could well be wrong.

I've got the programme somewhere from the game I saw and I remember it had a breakdown of John Hewie's appearances by position. If memory serves me right he played in every position for us except outside right and outside left s they were then described. 

Hmm, now I'm confused - I remember the Langley/Haynes game - I also remember the breakdown of Hewie's appearances. I thought he did play at outside left, but, again, the old brain is not too sure. We need someone with the facts.
  • Hewie had 2 testimonial games. The first was against Chelsea, April 1965. The second being a year later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hewie had 2 testimonial games. The first was against Chelsea, April 1965. The second being a year later.
    Aha - that makes sense. So, who played for the international XI?
  • Internationals' Club were listed as :- Dave Underwood, Wally Barnes, Pat Saward, Bob Stokoe, Billy Wright, Neil Franklin, Bill McGarry, Tommy Docherty, Sammy Chung, Roy Bently, Jimmy Hill, Tommy Harmer, Billy Gray, Danny Blanchflower, Jimmy Andrews.

Eddie Firmani and John Sewell were the linesmen !

• Shock that i have not been outbid
  • Congrats LB. I'll whisper you my address.

So what next? Shirt? Programme? Book? Hats? Fanzines?

I'll see what else there is to offer up over the weekend
  • Selling gnomes without a licence is a criminal offence.
  • Cheers Ben

Ill whack a cheque in the post Yeah of you want to throw in any of the above feel free ;-)

• Selling gnomes without a licence is a criminal offence.
    So, you'll be leaving the gnome in the left luggage as Waterloo Station as usual, so that I can put the funds into your offshore account
  • It's a fair cop but society is to blame
  • Right. And now, I'd like to conclude this arrest with a hymn.