Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IE8 (PC) problem with posting new discussions

edited June 2011 in Troubleshooting
is anyone else getting this problem, explorer crashes when I try and do this (I have to use Safari instead) a little yellow exclamation mark is present in the bottom left corner.

Cheers

R

Comments

• also happens when answering existing threads too  :(
  • Yes to both... and haven't got a clue about computers so just give up on posting new discussions.
  • Razil try this -

CLose all Internet pages and make sure the process isnt running in Task Manager

click, start then Run, type CMD and press enter

copy and paste this in the cmd box

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 Shell32.dll
    regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
    regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
    REGSVR32 msscript.ocx
    REGSVR32 dispex.dll
    REGSVR32 vbscript.dll
    REGSVR32 scrrun.dll
    REGSVR32 urlmon.dll

let me know how you get on
  • Use Chrome / Firefox
  • I get the module... was loaded but the entry point dlregisterserver was not found, make sure that shdocvw.dll is a valid dll or ocx file then try again

I run windows 7 E 64 bit
  • My advice is to ditch IE and go for Firefox.  I have never had a problem with it, unlike IE.
  • I've given up on IE - I'm using Chrome at the moment but im not happy with the way it arranges favourites.
  • edited June 2011
    I had problems with IE7, upgraded to IE9 & had no probs since.
  • I can no longer start a discussion.

I am reluctant to try something I'm unfamiliar with such as Firefox etc so will probably have to restrict my posting.

As I am aware a lot of Charlton fans live in Bexley I was going to start a thread in order to inform them of this website which appears to champion the little man against bureaucratic and local councillor fascism.

http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/index.htm

• It appears I can no longer start a discussion as I am reluctant to use Firefox or other systems with which I am unfamiliar.

As I am aware many fans live in Bexley I thought they may want to know about this website if the local authority has given them problems and was going to start a thread to that effect.

http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/index.htm

• Sponsored links:

• IE 7 was not working so had been using Google Chrome.

Now upgraded to IE9 and no problem.