Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T'was down at the Valley last night for a presentation evening...

Did a quick pitch inspection and it ain't looking good for the 22nd boys and girls. It looks as if they've had a herd of cows down there. See for yourself.

Comments

• Played on worse.
  • Not a patch on Hackney Marshes!
  • Blimey, they really have had lots of games on it since Spurs. Well it's still going to better than any other on a sunday morning!!
  • The fact it's been pissing down for the last week hasn't helped the situation...
  • I see Demelza house have their own day down there on the 21st i think it is. 2,500 per team to play!

Benfield had a corporate day down there last thursday. the car park is packed out every day with lots of events down there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I see Demelza house have their own day down there on the 21st i think it is. 2,500 per team to play!

Yeah a mate of mine is playing in that on monday , isn't there 60 odd corporate games there or something ?
  • yes something like that, rake the cash in before they redo the pitch.
  • I think they are due to Dig up the pitch the day after our game so we will OFFICIALLY have the worst valley pitch.
  • We're not the last ones.
    From yesterday's bulletin:

Legends line up

Fresh from the Bromley fixture, around 50 former Charlton players will roll
    back the years at The Valley later this month - and supporters can be part
    of the trip down memory lane for as little as £5.
    Ex-Addicks spanning at least four decades will do battle on the hallowed
    Valley turf on May 24th, before retiring to the Millennium Lounge for a
    buffet that fans can also be a part of - £15 ensuring access to both events.
    Legends such as current academy manager Steve Gritt, Colin Walsh, Sasa Ilic,
    Bob Bolder and Scott Minto will dust off their boots for the evening,
    together with the likes of Mark Penfold, Paul Mortimer and Garry Nelson.
    The match will kick off at 7pm, and 500 tickets are available for the
    mouth-watering contest, with 150 tickets available for the buffet.
    Tickets will be on sale from the Superstore between 3pm and 5pm tomorrow,
    while fans can also apply in writing by sending a stamped, addressed
    envelope to Sue Copus, John Copus Sports, 82 Ennersdale Road, Lewisham, SE13
    5JD. Payment may be made in cash, or by cheque made payable to CAFPA.