Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackwall tunnel!

MCSMCS
edited May 2007 in Match Day Travel
Some fuk wit spilled a load of chemical in the tunnel, i tried to manouvre away from the nobs just sitting there trying to get in tunnel, and managed to drive on wrong side of road to get to the roundabout by the holiday inn, and its all blocked up there too, round the back of the cinema! I had to park my car by that wierd looking school thing in the millenium village and walk back to work!

I only wanna go home!! Fancy renting a unit right next to that stinking tunnel! Not a happy bunny!

Comments

• I heard it can take up to 10 hours to clean them spillages up.
  • looks like i am here for the long haul! although a half hour walk gets me to my Ma's house, where i am having dinner later! Just means the car stays by the wierd looking school thing!
  • cant you claim overtime ;-)
  • what for sitting here reading charlton life! I would have to do something for that to happen, and i had to work my lunch plus i came in extra early as when i am off for one day (tuesday or yesterday) cos i am the only mac operator here it goes mad busy! And i am absolutly creame krackered!

I am in a foul mood!
  • Tunnel should re-open at 7pm this evening, it's been closed since 12.30. I have been doing deliveries in the area all day and it's well mangled.
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Tunnel should re-open at 7pm this evening, it's been closed since 12.30. I have been doing deliveries in the area all day and it's well mangled.

cheers badger, it is carnage inn it!

you ok dood???
  • I'm okay ollie, just tired,long day.

U.K. Beard championship festival starts september, time for you to grow it back, just thought i'd mention it.

Take care dood.
  • Good news for you that you can walk to your ma's MCS...I'm pretty much stuck here for now, can't face the idea of being stuck in the bloody car for the duration!!
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]I'm okay ollie, just tired,long day.

U.K. Beard championship festival starts september, time for you to grow it back, just thought i'd mention it.

Take care dood.

Thanks badger, btw 'U.K. Beard championship festival' please tell me thats a real event!

[cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Good news for you that you can walk to your ma's MCS...I'm pretty much stuck here for now, can't face the idea of being stuck in the bloody car for the duration!!

Have you tried to go tho Col?? if not i could ask the old dear if she has enough!!
  • Ollie, tis a proper festival, is decided on style and length,tis not a wind up. will take place in september as i said. i know how much you love your beards?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers for the thought, mate, I think I'll make a move in a min just to give me a fighting chance of seeing the saucepans before they go to bed...what's on the menu anyway?
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Ollie, tis a proper festival, is decided on style and length,tis not a wind up. will take place in september as i said. i know how much you love your beards?

my lord, i will have to find out where it is and attend! Fantastic news

[cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Cheers for the thought, mate, I think I'll make a move in a min just to give me a fighting chance of seeing the saucepans before they go to bed...what's on the menu anyway?

dunno, my bird organsied it when i was lagg boat on monday after the game! didnt even no we were going!!

Let me no if the traffic is ok tho dude, i drive right past your work to go home! do you have my mob number?
  • Yep, I have it...just looked out the window tho and it's not moving in either direction, I'm told they're not letting cars onto the ferry, only HGVs

Triffic
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Yep, I have it...just looked out the window tho and it's not moving in either direction, I'm told they're not letting cars onto the ferry, only HGVs

Triffic

bollocking hell.

oh well here for the long haul!
  • Just had a look from my house, still crawling.
  • I am going to go now, its such balls i tells ya

at least there is a beard festival i can look forward to!
  • The radio down here were reporting that a lorry had shed it's load.... of asbestos. Nice.
  • just got in , got through the tunnel at 5.10 and back to chez buckshee in charlton at 7.20

absolute nightmare
  • I'm going for a pint down the Lamb in a minute if you fancy it MCS?
  • They said on the radio that it was asbestos that was spilled. So hold your breath when you drive through. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• According to my coach company, it's still shut.... so be warned!

Train for me!
  • The lorry was carrying brown asbestos, and that's what's causing the problems
  • Two bags fell off the lorry apparently... nice and safe eh!
  • Its all open now. Just gotta wait for the backlog of traffic to clear.
  • Dont know the name of the company do you?

I place the Insurance for a load of those tankers
  • Will ask around for you.
  • Gridlock this morning, so am assuming its still shut ?
  • No its open but still chaos on the streets of charlton.
  • Was due to open at 9 apparently....
  • We came through it at 9:15 and it was open but the surrounding areas are a mess!!!

2 hours to get to work!

Mx