Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dagenham 2 - 1 Charlton - Post match thread

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Yet another disaster.

Can we keep this one around the match please, and use other threads such as 'What Now' for the wider picture. Ta

Comments

• Wasnt there so can only comment from doing the match thread.....sounded we strated really slowly and lucky not concede in first 10 seconds....gradualy got into the game and had a series of corners where we applied pressure....didnt score and then fell behind......from then on chasing shadows....no idea, no confidence and just not willing to 'mix it'. Thought that only going in one behind at HT we might have been able to turn it around after a stiff boxxicking from CP. Seems as though the second half we were worse and just gave up - Llera was the exception - we made 3 subs that had little imapact and although Daggers were tired that kept outplaying us at will nd did not make a sub until the very end.....we were lucky to get 1 goal in my opinion.....and there seems to be something inherently lacking in the team. I hope that Jacko and Bessone are back for Tuesday....otherwise I fear the worst.....0-5 anyone?
  • I think Powell may realise soon that he is not up to it or maybe Slater will push him before he jumps. Either way I’m always one for saying give a manager chance but I’m sorry to concede that the signs have been there from the start that Chris is just not cut out for management yet.

Yes I agree that he been left with poor players that he did not sign, but it’s a manager’s job to get the best out of bad players. Not only that though, he has made many basic mistakes for me such as picking the wrong players, playing them out of position, making wrong tactical and substitutions changes at the wrong times, panicking and bringing in loans when they are not really better than the reserves and kids already here and all it seems to have done is disrupted the morale at the club.

That said however, I don’t feel there is any point in bringing in another manager now though, stick with Keith in charge until the until the end of the season, scrape enough points to stay up and have proper plan in the summer and not just another panic decision which is done just to please the fans.
  • OOPS sorry AFKA just read your post please delete this and will find somewhere else to post it.
  • Didn't go and am not sorry. Need to sort this mess out pdq. Am worried now.
  • edited March 2011
    can anyone who was there give an impression of the game? were the midfield overrun or lacking creativity?
  • 1156 charlton fans which on reflection is quite good being were so janky
  • edited March 2011
    What was the Spurs youngster like?

I was impressed by Nouble last weekend (when others weren't) he got a goal today, did he look good?

I'm hoping that these two are here for us to have a look at them with a view for a loan for next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]can anyone who was there give an impression of the game? were the midfield overrun or lacking creativity?

The stats on the BBC say it all. Totally outplayed.
  • Didnt go today, thank God. Had the pleasure of watching the U18s on a beautiful sunny day at the training ground and it was a great experience. Not going to make any comment on the first team players or Chris Powell as it has all been done to death.
  • just wonder whether we miss Racon in the centre alongside semedo or another, he's the only one who shows an ounce of creativity, which isn't saying much I know
  • Sponsored links:

• I assume all those who went are still in the pub drowning their sorrows. Btw does anyone know if Ormiston managed to get a ticket in the end?
  • I was there and I wish I wasnt.

Basic errors from Fry, Dailly and Llera all contributing to their goals. The midfield was outfought once again although Parrett showed some touches (and at least had a shot). McCormack ineffective on one wing, Wagstaff lightweight on the other. Semedo, pretty awful by his standards.

We had about 10 corners in the first half and did nothing, we had two shots all game and there was nothing to be optimistic about. This feels worse than the relegation season with Parkinson to be honest but then again what do you expect?

When the hierachy are mentioning to fans that there will be an exodus of players at the end of the season why would they try? No desire or passion from a single player.

Arguments between fans and the first 'You don't know what you're doing directed to Powell'.

Parky Out? You asked for it...
  • Just got back.

Ive been away in Oz for six weeks, so I was looking forward to seeing some football. Unfortunately there was very little on show today, especially from the team playing in light blue.

I'll say that nobody was appaling, but on the otherhand, nobody was much cop either. We started very slowly, but edged our way into the game and there were periods where we had a fair bit of possession, however, there was no cutting edge. We were often second best in the tackle and slow to mobilise in attack. There were at times a massive gap between the back four and the midfield. We play too deep, which is something we have done all season.

I think after 90 minutes I said we could play all week and not look like scoring only for Nouble to blast the ball into the back of the net from all of 3 yards.

The body language of the players when they came out onto the pitch before kick off looked all wrong...heads hung low, slouched shoulders...and yet they had warm applause from the fans in the warm up.

At half time the team was roundly booed off and especially CP.....its unhelpful, but you cant really blame anyone for letting there frustration show. Mid way through the second half there was chants of "youre not fit to wear the shirt" and Waggy and Mc Cormack were jeered off....not that they were any worse than anyone else. The team lack any sort of passion, they look just like the Pardew team that got us relegated to this league.......I cant help but feel that many are just waiting to move on for the next pay deal....they arent a Charlton side that I can connect with anymore.....by the end of the game, I really couldnt care less......and I think Im as passionate a fan as any other, but I just dont have any affinity with these people who are wearing my clubs shirt...thats the saddest part. Mixture of boos and applause at the end, probabley the loudest saved for CP, and the biggest and warmest round of applause for the hapless Worner, who was the only person that showed any passion...its a shame he is probably 4 inches off of being a great keeper.

Im afraid all the signs are there, we are in deep relegation form and that I fear is a real possibility. I'll keep going though, Ive only got until the end of this season before I move back downunder, at least down there you can feel a little bit anethiatised from the pain of watching your club sink. Ive got a heavy heart, its like watching someone you care deeply about slowly drown before your eyes, and Ive got that nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach tonight that things could indeed get a lot worse.
  • lot of people asked for it,think people were expecting someone else though
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I assume all those who went are still in the pub drowning their sorrows. Btw does anyone know if Ormiston managed to get a ticket in the end?

You could pay on the day as I did mate, plenty of room in the terrace designated for 350...about fifty in there before a load of lads came in from the seated area.
  • When the hierachy are mentioning to fans that there will be an exodus of players at the end of the season why would they try? No desire or passion from a single player.

Did I miss that somewhere?
  • We were rubbish.

Midfield just not up to it, no one taking authority at the back, too many players woefully out of form.

Cannot believe McCormack is getting a game.

Decent support today but boy did we let the players and manager know what we thought at the end.

Tuesday will be horrible.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite][span style=color: #FF0000]When the hierachy are mentioning to fans that there will be an exodus of players at the end of the season why would they try? No desire or passion from a single player.[/span]

Unless you were a fan in a car park or somewhere else, quite possibly. But there was talk at HT amongst fans and it's not the first time i've heard it.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite][span style=color: #FF0000]When the hierachy are mentioning to fans that there will be an exodus of players at the end of the season why would they try? No desire or passion from a single player.[/span]

Unless you were a fan in a car park or somewhere else, quite possibly. But there was talk at HT amongst fans and it's not the first time i've heard it.

Thanks WSS....it may have come from the meetings held this week at Bromley etc.....but as I cant get to them I wasnt aware.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]
    Decent support today but boy did we let the players and manager know what we thought at the end.

Good.

Got to the point where it needed to be said
  • So did Powell get booed? This all breaks my heart.
  • Even better was that the tunnel goes directly under the away stand so they definitely heard.

At half time, Powell got the loudest boos.
  • Ormiston was there although he was asking for a refund in the first half

Sold 21 CL badges. Hi and thnx to all of you. That was it really.

Poor and lacklustre throughout. Just nothing there. Parrett did not look anything better than we've seen all year. Nouble better then Brentford but still not impressed. Neat finish from close in though.

Defence too many mistakes. We've needed a better CH for ages.

Crowd was understanably hostile at the end. Not nice to see but what can you expect.

Walking back to the car we were looking for some positives, some signs of future progress. We couldn't think of any.. I fear. It will get worse before it gets better.
  • Thats the worry. No sign of desire or fight from anyone which is very sad with 10 or so games to go.
  • Someone above said waggy was booed when he went off. Big misinterpretation of the booing, which was really booing for Waggy going off but Mcoxo staying on. This was proved by it being followed by a "you dont know what your doing " after the substition
  • Was there today, not upset, just numbed... the upset is too old to be relevant now.

If it wasn't so concerning it would honestly be hilarious. I honestly don't know what is "right" at the moment, like Henry says I haven't got a single positive and I've been to all of the recent games.
  • And a proper shit ground to boot.

Didnt work their fat, clown of a goalkeeper.

wagstaff on the left? Mcoxo on the right?

semedo/ parrett overrun, llera bullied by savage, Dailly ballsed up for the second

BWP/ Nouble not as good as nurse.

Worner got a rousing clap off the pitch, but positioning was at fauklt for the first goal.

Fry .... where do i start. Totally inept. all over the place, turned this way that way, he is not a left back

Jenkinson, if he's on arsenals radar i could get a game for Leyton orient
  • Some of the game. Slow start then had a good 15 minutes and were definately on top. Gave a goal away to naive marking and then fell apart. No confidence and no (well hardly any) characters in the side.

Second half would have been fairer if they got won 3-0
  • However how anybody thinks singing "you're not fit to the wear the shirt" at Jenkinson and Solly (who had only been on for 20 mins) helps I do not know.