Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Computing Geniuses - Were you one?

edited March 2011 in Not Sports Related
How many of us had one of these? Clives Baby

Comments

• Options
    They were pants. C64 boy here, and proud of it
  • Options
    No, but my sister did. Bastard never did pay the maintenance.

Oh.
  • Options
    Late adopter me - had a Spectrum still got it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Late adopter me - had a Spectrum still got it!

Wonder how much that would be worth now
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Late adopter me - had a Spectrum still got it![/quote]

Wonder how much that would be worth now[/quote]

About £10 according to ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZX-Spectrum-Computer-Sinclair-Fully-working-/230593640924?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item35b073b9dc
  • Options
    I had one. It was the first computer to have 'Football Manager'.
  • Options
    I had a 16k spectrum.manic miner..jet set willy...jetpack
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]I had one. It was the first computer to have 'Football Manager'.

yep remember that.
    they also had a cricket test-match game. one side of the cassette tape loaded the game, turn the tape over and there was an intro and guide on how to play the game done by a bloke who had a voice so ridiculously yorkshire, it made fred trueman sound like julian clary.
  • Options
    I didn't own my first home computer until 1998. Couldn't afford one until then. That was the beginning of the end for me in terms of relationships. I'd found a new girlfriend...LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I had a 16k spectrum.manic miner..jet set willy...jetpack

Did they do a 16k spectrum, I thought it was 48k? You get more k in an email these days. We have come a long way since then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I had a 16k spectrum.manic miner..jet set willy...jetpack

Had all those games (well, "have" - they're all still in the loft). Favorite was manic miner, until a magazine printed cheat codes - spoilt it really.

Once got it out of the loft to play with the kids when they were young - it was dubbed the "loading computer" - took longer to load the games than to play them with my kids' attention span.

I was rather hoping they'd be worth thousands by now - don't think I'll sell mine for a tenner.