Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Starting Over Again

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=45

COME ON YOU ADDICKS !

Comments

• Options
    Spot on.

Especially about the club not bigging the fixture up. I know the whole thing was supporter led but hey ho.

Has there even been a official preview on the main website?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2006
    Ha ha, there is one up there now!

Charlton v Fulham
  • Options
    [cite] WestStandSinger:[/cite]Spot on.

Especially about the club not bigging the fixture up. I know the whole thing was supporter led but hey ho.

Has there even been a official preview on the main website?

Agreed - even today they keep missing chances. How about sending out an extra e-mail bulletin this morning as a reminder? Or using that text message service for something other than flogging corporate hospitality? I'm sure there's plenty of people just needing that extra push...
  • Options
    But at the start of this people were kind of saying the club should not get involved.
  • Options
    [cite]But at the start of this people were kind of saying the club should not get involved.[/cite]

To a certain extent. but the club doesnt seem to have built this game up at all, nothing at all.

Maybe they've just given up on usgoing to away games?
  • Options
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]But at the start of this people were kind of saying the club should not get involved.

i don't think so. We said that it was a supporters iniatiative as in my mind it was the point of proving that the supporters were still on-side and up for the fight. But i would of hoped it would of generated a bit more hand in hand action, bearing in mind its ultimately for the club as this was driven to benefit.

I'm not criticising the club on this, it had nothing to do with them. I just felt in hindsight there may of been a bit more focus on the build up to what is our biggest game of the season so far. If you were just average joe, you would not of got that impression.
  • Options
    And guess what? They've finally sent a text alert out.

(Hello press office!)
  • Options
    lol
    what does the text alert say?
  • Options
    There was this last week ... so wrong to say there has been nothing at all from them.
  • Options
    The text message says "Fans can buy tickets at Fulham tonight on the gate..." and gives ticket prices.
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]There was this last week ... so wrong to say there has been nothing at all from them.

It's the way you do it, isn't it? If I was them, I'd have had a big push last week with quotes from Dowie and others saying it's important to have a good turnout.

Then added to it today, with details on cafc.co.uk's front page, and a morning e-mail/text alert as a gentle reminder about cash on the gate.

Clearly, there's no immediate benefit to CAFC since the gate money's Fulham's, but the long term benefits could be big.

And it's just struck me that Fulham won't exactly sell out their bits tonight, their support being worse than ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree they could have pushed this a bit more.