Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keys and Gray hired by Talksport

10-1 weekday slot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/feb/08/richard-keys-andy-gray-talksport?CMP=twt_gu

Comments

• Never in doubt!
  • Heh heh

What a surprise
  • Hope Mike Parry is retained somewhere - he talks utter garbage can be entertaining. Talksport's turning into a rehab clinic for fallen Sporting icons. If Tiger Woods knew anything about football, horse raising or having a nice glass of red, he' d have been on there by now.
  • I bet they smashed the interview
  • No more porky parry? Wonder where he had been last few days must be going mental as both mikes were totaly condeming what keys and grey did.
  • Alan Brazil admitted 2 weeks back that he and Gray dont get on.....so can see them doing his show at somepoint as Alan's hard to handle (like his bevvy).

Brazil co-commentated on our Play Off final, but wasn't rehired after.... He gave hints previously that he thought it was Gray who got him the elbow.....
  • Looks like a grey buffalo trying to shit out a pineapple IMO
    13.gif
  • Adrian Durham slaughtered both of them last week, should be interesting in the canteen!
  • Reported 7 figure contracts to them both as well. Not done too badly out of all this.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Alan Brazil admitted 2 weeks back that he and Gray dont get on.....so can see them doing his show at somepoint as Alan's hard to handle (like his bevvy).

Brazil co-commentated on our Play Off final, but wasn't rehired after.... He gave hints previously that he thought it was Gray who got him the elbow.....
    Ah've no eaten and ah've hud a bottle of wine. Ah suppose that'll count against me
    Alan Complains That The Police Are Wasting Time Picking Up Drunk Drivers Instead of Real Criminals
  • Sponsored links:

• Alan Brazil's commentary on our play off final was immense - 'Mendonca, the massssster'
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Adrian Durham slaughtered both of them last week, should be interesting in the canteen!

Don't think Durham will take any BS from anyone!

To be fair Talksport have done well out of this, big contracts and an ethics issue maybe but they will be in for a massive upsurge in listeners and huge publicity. It may not look great but business is business and business most of the time is about the dollar and nothing else.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]No more porky parry? Wonder where he had been last few days must be going mental as both mikes were totaly condeming what keys and grey did.

Think he still does the Weekend Sports Breakfast doesn't he? Sure they'll find a space for him somewhere.
  • edited February 2011
    Robin Shernhoffer? - 'do us a favour love, just read the news will you and get the teas in'
  • I was actually with Brazil having last a few cold drinks November. . . . ;o)
  • Faye Carruthers
  • if brazil, parry and durham go (which i don't think they will), they'll be shooting themselves in the foot coz keys and gray's success was only based on what they were fronting up - Gray may prosper but can't see what keys has to offer and i think he lost as much face with the weasley interview he did as with the actuial comments - Gray may be a bit of a 'swine' but at least he doesn't claim any different.
  • Ian danter is friends with mog on facebook..
    Alcholic in brazil
    dogger collymore
    sexist keys.
    Jim davidson for drive time anyone! Complete the set? ;-)
  • Largo, micky quinn and mark saggers do the weekend breakfast the pork mister does the odd everton update if going to there games. Rumour has it abu hamser to take over fishermans blues... He knows all bout hooks.
  • I played cricket with Mark Saggers once (he was rather good).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    On the morning the news had broken alan brazil completely tried to avoid the issue insisting he would only talk about it in the last hour of his show. He was very uncomfortable talking about it in the last hour and even cut callers off when talking about sexism in sport. He was then not on the radio for the reSt of the week. Complete bottle job IMO.

Mike parry was very vocal about the issue the next morning (the day of the Richard Keyes interview) and as far as I am aware has not been on since.
  • CommentAuthorcharltonkeston CommentTimeJan 26th 2011 edit quote# 481
    Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore
    Richard Keys is on talksport in next 10 minutes

And Andy Gray will have a job offer on there by the end of the year.

Didnt think it would be this quick
  • Rarely if ever listen to Talkshite so good place for them.

No doubt they will toss a coin to decide which one will argue black is white while the other argues white is black.

Meanwhile Liverpool fans from everywhere but Liverpool will ring in and argue about how great their Club is
  • we all know what talksport is all about but it's like reading the sun or watching a celebrity show on tv - not good for the intellecual cred but if you can take it for what it is and not get all high and mighty about it, it can be entertaining.
  • What Henry said. It still remains a mystery to me, even after all these years , what Keys actually knows about football.......................................apart,that is, from creaming a lot of dosh from it.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Ian danter is friends with mog on facebook..
    Alcholic in brazil
    dogger collymore
    sexist keys.

Don't forget Micky Quinn - racehorse abuser
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Alan Brazil admitted 2 weeks back that he and Gray dont get on.....so can see them doing his show at somepoint as Alan's hard to handle (like his bevvy).

Alan Brazil gave up his Sky co-commentary to work on Talksport- I remember someone asking him on his show why he had given up his Sky work and he said the late night games and early morning radio shows did not mix he was working for Sky until 2000.(That was his story at the time anyway!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Ian danter is friends with mog on facebook..
    Alcholic in brazil
    dogger collymore
    sexist keys.

Don't forget Micky Quinn - racehorse abuser

Has he been riding them?
  • Parry has left.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Parry has left.

seriously? you can't joke about things like this - my world has been turned upside down if true.