Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arrangements for Charlton Life charity games, and End of Season Reception - 22nd May

Just thought I would pin up a few of the arrangements for the 22nd May, so that everybody knows what is going on. Be grateful if all players make a note of the key times, or print this off, as for it to run to schedule we will need everyone’s assistance.

Mascots - It has been decided that every player shall have the right to have a mascot accompany them onto the pitch at the start of the game, and get to have a little run around the pitch with their photo taken. Please note that although there will be two co-ordinators overseeing the children, ALL mascots will need to be accompanied on the day by another responsible adult in the stands. There will be no designated changing areas for mascots, the accompanying adult will have to use the Millenium Lounge or toilet facilities to change the kids. There is no fee involved for the mascots, though of course anyone is welcome to make a donation if they so wish.

Key times

3.45 – Players for match 1 register with their manager outside the West Stand main entrance. Spectators to enter the West Stand via the main entrance.

4.00 – Changing rooms open for Match 1. Female players have sole access of Officials changing room and showers (boo)

4.15 - Teams in tunnel. Adult accompanying mascots for match 1 will be asked to bring mascot to the tunnel entrance by pitch, give name details of the mascot to co-ordinator, and player will collect mascot.

4.20 - Player enter field

4.30 – Match 1 commences. Mascots returned to accompanying adult by tunnel entrance

5.00 – Players for match 2 to register with manager by home dugout

5.10 - Changing rooms open for match 2, players will be called by tannoy.

5.35 – Match 1 ends. Adult accompanying mascots for match 2 will be asked to bring mascot to the tunnel entrance, give name details of the mascot, and player will collect mascot.

5.40 – Players for match 2 enter field

5.45 – Match 2 commences, mascots collected from tunnel entrance by accompanying adult.

6.50 – Match 2 finishes

7.00 – Reception / disco in Millenium Lounge commences

8.15 – Raffle and Auction, hosted by Martin Simons and David White

11.00 – Bar closed, music stops.

Teams / managers / officials – will be announced in a separate message this afternoon

Sponsorship / match fee – Please continue to encourage as much to the http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife site as possible. Current total £6,925, come on keep going ! ALL players required to pay additional £30 match fee. If you have not paid your match fee yet, and haven’t received any sponsorship on the justgiving site, have been using the sponsorship forms, please whisper me on this thread with your plans. Thanks.

Programme – A superb 16-page colour programme, featuring articles, team lists, acknowledgements and foreword from Peter Varney, will be on sale throughout the day for the bargain price of £1.

PA – BDL will be up in the control room, playing the music, giving out notices, and generally taking the mick out of what’s going on the pitch. Brian Cole will assist, making his long-awaited return to pitch-side and announcing the teams and the mascots. Let’s hope we haven’t got anyone called Radostaaaaan)

Food – A snack bar will be available inside the Millenium Lounge from 4pm onwards, serving the usual sausage and chips, chilli con carne etc. Trays of sandwiches will be provided for the four teams in the dressing rooms post match.

Refreshments – The snack bar will be serving soft drinks, the main bar in the Millenium Lounge will also be open from 4pm. You can take drinks through to the stand.

Photography
– Medders and JohnboyUK will be getting their zooms out throughout the day, capturing events. An album in the Pictures section of the Charlton Life site will follow after the event.

Security – The dressing rooms will be locked after players from match 1 have left them, and a steward will be present throughout in the tunnel area. However as there will be a cross over in changing, please do not leave valuables in the changing rooms if possible. If not, a team valuables bag will be provided. Where it may be needed to double up on pegs, it may be easier if players brought hangers to keep their stuff together.

Health and Safety – A first aider / St Johns assistance will be on hand if necessary. All players are expected to provide appropriate footwear and shin pads.. Kits will be provided, however it may be wise to have a spare pair of shorts and socks in your kit bag in an emergency.

Raffle / Auction – Ticket sellers will be coming around both the West Stand and the lounge throughout the day. Price £1 a ticket, or £5 for a book of five :-) Please support as well as possible, prizes will be announced on here 3 days before the event.

Reception / disco – In the Millenium Lounge, this is for everyone, our own little Charlton Life end of season party. All welcome, even if you are not not a member of the site or involved with any other part of the day, please come down in the evening and have a couple of drinks, enjoy yourselves, and criticise DJ’s Ketman and Carter.

Demelza – Representatives from Demelza will be present with literature and information throughout the day. A representative will say a few words ahead of the raffle.

Please feel free to send me a whisper if you feel there has been anything neglected, or forgot to mention.

Many thanks
AFKA

Comments

• PS. The West Stand car park will be available for parking.
  • blimey.

i'm so excited!
  • me too!!
  • Thats a hell of a lot of organising thats been going on. A big well done from me for all the work those involved have put in to get this set up.
  • lets get it successfully completed before we do the well dones !
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah well done AFKA and whoever else , should be a cracker

Oh right bollox then AFKA and whoever else
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Thats a hell of a lot of organising thats been going on. A big well done from me for all the work those involved have put in to get this set up.

seconded, these things don't organise themselves so I big well done to all involved.....I cannot wait for this now !!, was gonna drive down but now gonna make sure I don't have the car I think !!
  • Couple of points to add:

Mascots - If you are attending the event, but not playing and would love a family member to be a mascot, please start a seperate request thread as there may be players that won't have a mascot that may be happy to oblige.

Parking - Have checked with club. As it is the close season, there is no problem leaving the car in the West Stand car park overnight on the following conditions. 1. Its collected the next day, and 2. at some stage during the evening your registration is left with security on the front desk so they are aware.
  • Well done AFKA (and others) - really looking forward to the event (well, was looking forward to it before this posting, but now REALLY looking forward to it ;-)).

Just a Q re: spectors - is there a fee to enter? no probs either way but have spread the word amongst friends with a promise of further info when available and they're bound to ask!

Hats off to you all.
  • When you say David White do you really mean David Whyte, Whyte, Whyte?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hehe - you're doing a programme?

If you need a hand with the programme, I'm more than happy to pitch in.
  • cheers for the offer mate, but F-Blocker has done a sterling job and its almost finalised.
  • sponsorship now over the £7,000 mark.....

www.justgiving.com/charltonlife
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]cheers for the offer mate, but F-Blocker has done a sterling job and its almost finalised.

ah that reminds me, i posted a proof of the programme to Fblocker the other day. If he's happy with it & once the teams have been filled in, how many copies do you want mate?
  • Carling, i'll mail you tomorrow mate.
  • edited May 2007
    Yippee, I`ve made the squad!!!!!!!!!!!! I`d like to thank, AFKA, Charltonlife, my wife & children, my 3 grandsons, my mum & dad, my agent and everyone that knows me for believing in my ability, The Bull pub for raising £200ish via raffles, The Bull pubs golf society for their sponsorship(time to cough up boys & girls) for the £250ish, The Bull pubs regulars for allowing me to take part in their training night`s, (anyone see a pattern developing), tonight I`m off to football training, then up the Bull pub for some more fund raising : hicc,

go`s off singing," I`m in the squad, I`m in the squad, yes get in there". : )
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]sponsorship now over the £7,000 mark.....

www.justgiving.com/charltonlife

that Smithy donation from Sukie is for Tavern... just in case you were trying to take the glory. common surname, easy mistake! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]When you say David White do you really mean David Whyte, Whyte, Whyte?

erm. nope.
  • David White is a CAFC director, not a huge-arsed mentally imbalanced ex-footballer.

Well, i think he's not an ex-footballer :-)
  • Kishishev was always announced correctly AFKA, It's Palace I couldn't pronounce properly, apparently. :-)
    Really looking forward to this and hope everyone really enjoys the day. Have as much info available as you can for this Sunday as we are giving you a huge slot to plug the whole event on Charlton Plus and make sure all you regular Charlton lifers tune in to hear AFKA this coming Sunday at 8.

Brian
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be under the control room with BC and Yes we will take the proverbial!!!!!
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]cheers for the offer mate, but F-Blocker has done a sterling job and its almost finalised.

ah that reminds me, i posted a proof of the programme to Fblocker the other day. If he's happy with it & once the teams have been filled in, how many copies do you want mate?
    Carling, it's not arrived yet - bloody Royal Mail!

If it doesn't turn-up tomorrow, I'll give you a call - I work near your Docklands office, maybe I could pick-up a copy?
    I'll let you know, either way.
  • [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]Kishishev was always announced correctly AFKA, It's Palace I couldn't pronounce properly, apparently. :-)
    Really looking forward to this and hope everyone really enjoys the day. Have as much info available as you can for this Sunday as we are giving you a huge slot to plug the whole event on Charlton Plus and make sure all you regular Charlton lifers tune in to hear AFKA this coming Sunday at 8.

Brian

You prnounced Palarse correct to me !

I'll mail you tomorrow to firm up details
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]David White is a CAFC director, not a huge-arsed mentally imbalanced ex-footballer.

Well, i think he's not an ex-footballer :-)

Does anyone know what Dave is up to now?

Rumour has it he's homeless and on the bottle big time
  • Afka,

Will there be any drinks bottles pitch side, cause if it's a warm day, they'll be people dropping like flys without drinks
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Afka,

Will there be any drinks bottles pitch side, cause if it's a warm day, they'll be people dropping like flys without drinks[/quote]

Good thinking gaffa!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Afka,

Will there be any drinks bottles pitch side, cause if it's a warm day, they'll be people dropping like flys without drinks

I'll bring my own, full of JD and coke

yes, there will be.

We won't need it gaff, we have by far the fittest team. Can I have your permission to kick Glass 1/2 Empty and Ketters if we are in the last 5 mins and losing!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Afka,

We won't need it gaff, we have by far the fittest team. Can I have your permission to kick Glass 1/2 Empty and Ketters if we are in the last 5 mins and losing!!

of course, and cynical hacks of players running through if we have a single goal lead is also allowed. Take the card lads