Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours from Footie Rumours Site

edited January 2011 in Rumours
30 Jan 2011 01:40:39
Charlton look set to bring back Talal El Karkouri to the club from Qatar Club. Chris Powell may also bring back Herman Hreidarsson from Portsmouth on a short term deal.

Comments

• As amazing as that would be... its not going to happen in a million years, and last time I checked, Herman was out with a broken leg
  • El Karkouri rumour is correct.
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]El Karkouri rumour is correct.

Only played 40 odd games in last 4 years so hope you're wrong.

And you know this because.......
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]El Karkouri rumour is correct.

It's on footballrumours
  • FACT
    A
    C
    T
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]El Karkouri rumour is correct.

It's on footballrumours

I am convinced now......;-) Especially as Lookie has confirmed it as a FACT
  • Nobody has said "locked on" yet though
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Nobody has said "locked on" yet though

True...:-)
  • As we now have a special thread for FR , does Baz post on here ?

30 Jan 2011 14:48:49
    I hate the thought of Charlton Cole pulling on the famous red shirt.

30 Jan 2011 14:14:37
    Alex Dyer has (according to West Ham sources) left the club and is expected to be announced as Chris Powells assistant at Charlton Athletic.

Rumours of the 2 players due to join are a creative midfield player (Dag + Red's Danny Green) and a back up goalkeeper due to Rob Elliots injury proness. Basso (formerly of Bristol City) and Dean Kiely (Currently West Brom coach, former legendary Charlton Keeper) are in the frame as Kiely is still registered as a player and would fill a coaching role. Rumours of Simeon Jackson and any other strikers are rubbish as we are trying to get rid of Akpo Sodje (League 1 + 2 clubs chasing) and Pawel Abbot (possible Bristol Rovers loan deal). I have also heard about a left back from France, although i have no details.

Baz
  • Sponsored links:

• Talking of left backs from France. Anyone know what's happening with Kelly Youga ?
  • That site is the footballing equivalent of Nostradamus. Say hundreds of vague things, one of which - by the law of averages - is bound to be right (or could be construed as being right after the fact) then mark yourself down as some kind of seer. Pathetic - and anyone who gives any credence to anything they see on there is a fool.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That site is the footballing equivalent of Nostradamus. Say hundreds of vague things, one of which - by the law of averages - is bound to be right (or could be construed as being right after the fact) then mark yourself down as some kind of seer. Pathetic - and anyone who gives any credence to anything they see on there is a fool.

Perhaps more credence would be given if one could put some clear water between the rubbish and the truth that is posted on FR. Might begin a revival in the sites fortunes ;0)
  • If it's all the same, I'm still going to post legitimate football rumour's from Football Rumour's in the "Charlton Jan 11 Transfer Window Thread (Rumours and Confirmed)" thread. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]As amazing as that would be... its not going to happen in a million years, and last time I checked, Herman was out with a broken leg

Back to match fitness now. Possibility - could do worse.

One of my favourite players back in the day, so hope it is! Can't see it being true though, and he is now 34, and I imagine would quite like to be back in Morrocco.

Still...couple of great chips over the defence and keeper here
  • Would love him back!
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Talking of left backs from France. Anyone know what's happening with Kelly Youga ?

he is sitting at home picking up multiple grands a week because 1 french doctor says he can not play, yet 5 of the most well respected british doctors that deal with such things have all said he is fit to play

FACT Locked ON
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Talking of left backs from France. Anyone know what's happening with Kelly Youga ?

he is sitting at home picking up multiple grands a week because 1 french doctor says he can not play, yet 5 of the most well respected british doctors that deal with such things have all said he is fit to play

FACT Locked ON

I know that was the case last season, but I thought he' had actually had the operation the British doctors wanted, and involves 9 months or so rehab
  • edited January 2011
    Youga has osteochondral defect of his knee which is what I have too, it's very painful being on your feet for a length of time and has a lot to do with the cartilage around the knee. I haven't been able to play football for 5 months and have physio every 3 weeks, have your own opinions on Kelly Youga but it's not his fault to have this kind of injury. I doubt we'll see Kelly in a Charlton shirt again as his contract is up in the summer but if he makes a good recovery and Powell decides to risk it by keeping him then great, but I doubt it.

However, it does beg the question of: His contract is up at the end of the season, he won't play again this season and he is still with us.. Does this suggest we will keep him because we surely would have released Youga by now to save money from his wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• We can't just release him as he's on a contract.
  • Surely with the takeover we can pay him off like we did with Moots though? However Moots wouldn't have minded as he would then be free to find another club, but with Kelly being injured that's not possible, and I think that's why he hasn't been released
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Talking of left backs from France. Anyone know what's happening with Kelly Youga ?

FACT Locked ON

I know that was the case last season, but I thought he' had actually had the operation the British doctors wanted, and involves 9 months or so rehab

i was reliably informed last week that he is fit to play but is refusing because of his french quack signing his sick note
  • RM stated that Youga is the last of our high earners, so to release him would incur a high release fee I guess.
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]RM stated that Youga is the last of our high earners, so to release him would incur a high release fee I guess.

But why not just pay up his contract ? Same difference surely.
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]RM stated that Youga is the last of our high earners, so to release him would incur a high release fee I guess.

6.5k per week
  • So in answer to your question SHG, you're looking at around £110k to pay off his contract up until June in one lump sum, whereas if you pay it weekly you're receiving income to pay it in more manageable payments.

If you get what I mean...
  • 'Reliably informed' by who?
  • wont say leroy but it is good info and not made up nonsense, lets just say if any one would know this fella would
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]wont say leroy but it is good info and not made up nonsense, lets just say if any one would know this fella would
    Then I'll just take it with the same large pinch of salt I take with all unsubstantiated, unsourced rumours