Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: E=mc2[/cite]6, Prime Ministers, who actually believe they are cool - and with it. Blair

Any MP who believes they know what it's like for "the working man".
    F@ck off do they, like it's really hard having daddy pay for your private school so you can suck off other equally clueless tw@ts in parliament.
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: E=mc2[/cite]6, Prime Ministers, who actually believe they are cool - and with it. Blair

Agreed, Blair - two in one decade.
  • edited January 2011
    Mother and child parking spaces

Rain

Men who take their wife’s maiden name and create a double barrelled surname

People who are clearly not disabled having disabled badges

The ridiculous amount of disabled parking spaces at the Eltham Sainsburys

Sainsburys

Alan Green

People pronouncing the letter H as “Heych” instead of Aitch.

Southeastern Trains

Badly served bitter

Burger King

Thieves

Insurance

Eastenders

Actors who go on and on about how they support the Labour Party

The Labour Party without Tony Blair as leader

Having not won the Lotto jackpot despite spending over £10k on it

Chris Evans

Pound Shops

Phone Shops

Charity Shops

Modern High Streets

Pub Chains

Restaurant Chains

Paper Chains

Americans

ITV

Cats

Foxes

Energy saving lightbulbs

Kevin Pieterson

David Pleat

Stephen K Amos

Awards Ceremonies

Cold Calls

Cold tea

Tescos

MP’s

Adrian Chiles

The Blackwall Tunnel closure programme

The end of summer

People who approach the traffic lights at Shooters Hill Police Station in Well Hall Road and don’t use the Bus Lane when it is open to all traffic. Ie, after 7pm and on Sundays. They then drive up in the outside lane and try and push in. I do not let anyone in. Get in the right lane! Drive properly. Use the bus lane if it is open to you!!!!!!

And many, many more but they're just off the top of my head.......
  • Glad you got that off your chest, Chirpy. Chirpy....?
  • Would have been a shorter list if you had put down things that don't annoy you Chirpy.
  • On most things I agree Chirpy, but not the bus lane thing.

I actually think it’s a massive mistake to make bus lanes only apply in certain times - it only creates problems.
    The reason for having bus lanes is because the traffic is bad and busses need priority. By definition if the bus lane isn't in use there isn't that much traffic. People only ever use them to get the jump on someone else. There is invariably only one lane leading away from the lights so why create two lanes leading up to it. Just queue like everyone else.

That's the thing I hate most in the world. Car drivers who think that their time is more important than mine and therefore they should not have to queue, and can drive up the free lane passed all the queuing traffic and then push their BMW / 4x4 / other w@nky sport car in at the last minute.

If they try it on me they soon find out that my Fiesta will cost less to fix and therefore if they drive into it I don't care but I will not be bullied. Even when you smirk at me.
  • You couldn't be more wrong. I sat in the inside lane yesterday waiting to go straight accross to Woolwich Common. I queued like most the others but oh no every now and then some idiot come whizzing up the outside and tried to nudge in.
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Would have been a shorter list if you had put down things that don't annoy you Chirpy.

Quality!
  • Imagine a world where football is played under 'nice' rules. You know ... "We won't kick you, if you don't kick us."

All would be well for a while, but then someone would work out that, by bending the rules (I'll just kick you a little bit), they could gain advantage. After all, survival of the fittest and all that. It's a jungle out there etc etc.

And so it begins. And so it continues. And so it ends up.

Those of us who insist on playing by the original 'nice' rules get disadvantaged. And upset and annoyed by the unfairness of it all. And we find other ways to gain other advantages ... justified, of course, by the sense of outrage and annoyance that has been created in us by those who bent the rules in the first place.

Maybe we're all as bad as each other.
  • Agree with your lengthy list Chirpy, although I'd say cats are OK and pound shops hold a strange fascination for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]On most things I agree Chirpy, but not the bus lane thing.

I actually think it’s a massive mistake to make bus lanes only apply in certain times - it only creates problems.
    The reason for having bus lanes is because the traffic is bad and busses need priority. By definition if the bus lane isn't in use there isn't that much traffic. People only ever use them to get the jump on someone else. There is invariably only one lane leading away from the lights so why create two lanes leading up to it. Just queue like everyone else.

That's the thing I hate most in the world. Car drivers who think that their time is more important than mine and therefore they should not have to queue, and can drive up the free lane passed all the queuing traffic and then push their BMW / 4x4 / other w@nky sport car in at the last minute.

If they try it on me they soon find out that my Fiesta will cost less to fix and therefore if they drive into it I don't care but I will not be bullied. Even when you smirk at me.

Completely agree. Nothing annoys me more than the selfish gits who use bus lanes to avoid queuing (irrespective if it is in force at that time). It happens in Creek Road all the time. I never ever give way to a vehicle coming from a bus lane unless it is a bus.

Another thing that annoys me are shits using the Greenwich One Way system who are heading towards Woolwich but think they should not have to queue so use the lane that is for traffic turning right towards Lewisham or back to London and then at the last minute turn their left indicator on and expect people to let them in.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]People who are clearly not disabled having disabled badges ...

This really pisses me off as well.
  • People who live in flats and own non-housetrained animals. Special disgust for people who "forget" to immediately clean up after their animals.

People who are so afraid of silence that they narrate their lives (eg "I'm going to have a cup of tea", "I feel tired", "I think I'll put the telly on") or make stupid noises that are supposed to be 'singing along to the music in my head'
  • when people say hach instead of ach
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]People who are clearly not disabled having disabled badges ...

People who assume that disabilities are only the things you can see. I've a few mates who physically can't walk more than about a hundred yards, but because they're not in wheelchairs or have sticks people assume they must be alright.
  • baby clothes that button up at the back.
  • TV chefs who try to pass cooking off as art!! Its grub thats all! It is not art!
    You are just a bunch of cooks, not bloody Picasso! Pompus twats!

Eamonn Holmes!
  • People who try to barge their way onto a train as soon as the doors open and you're about to get off.
  • People who don't acknowledge when you hold a door for them or give way on the road
    The pang of guilt when I walk past a charity collector
    Saturdays when Charlton aren't playing
    The lack of a British film industry
    The lack of a British car
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]People who are clearly not disabled having disabled badges ...

People who assume that disabilities are only the things you can see. I've a few mates who physically can't walk more than about a hundred yards, but because they're not in wheelchairs or have sticks people assume they must be alright.

Fully aware of this IA as it affects one of my family in this way ... but there are many times particularly at supermarket carparks when it is totally evident that the person concerned is not disabled in any way.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Fair enough but i used to work with someone who had a sticker for their 8 year old childs Diabetes. Ridiculous.
  • Vinnie V., fair enough if you know the people.

stonemuse, how would you know? Unless they're running and skipping in to the supermarket and carrying a big sack of potatoes on the way back, it'll be hard to tell from the outside
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fair enough but i used to work with someone who had a sticker for their 8 year old childs Diabetes. Ridiculous.
    But if it's for someone other than the driver, you're still allowed the badge. You just can't use the spaces etc when they aren't in the car.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Vinnie V., fair enough if you know the people.

stonemuse, how would you know? Unless they're running and skipping in to the supermarket and carrying a big sack of potatoes on the way back, it'll be hard to tell from the outside

Not going to get into an argument about this because it's too personal ... but your description is very close to what I have seen a few times. That's it, no more comment from me.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fair enough but i used to work with someone who had a sticker for their 8 year old childs Diabetes. Ridiculous.
    But if it's for someone other than the driver, you're still allowed the badge. You just can't use the spaces etc when they aren't in the car.

Yes but to have a badge for Diabetes?
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Vinnie V., fair enough if you know the people.

Not going to get into an argument about this because it's too personal ... but your description is very close to what I have seen a few times. That's it, no more comment from me.

OK then. Then I can understand.

The original comments appeared to be "he's not in a wheelchair, so he can't have a disability"
  • Middle lane drivers
    the 40/50/60 speed limit near Heathrow on the m25
    Drivers who don't indicate left at roundabouts
    Shop assistants who call you "BOSS"
    Linesmen who put their arms across the sub so he doesn't step an inch onto the pitch!!!
    Injured players that have to go off the pitch while the fella who battered him stays on!!!
    Fabregas yellow/red card waving!!!
    Overpriced footballers while so many other clubs are in the shit not getting a penny
    Kerry Katona - famous for what??
    Katie Price
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]On most things I agree Chirpy, but not the bus lane thing.

Completely agree. Nothing annoys me more than the selfish gits who use bus lanes to avoid queuing (irrespective if it is in force at that time). It happens in Creek Road all the time. I never ever give way to a vehicle coming from a bus lane unless it is a bus.

Another thing that annoys me are shits using the Greenwich One Way system who are heading towards Woolwich but think they should not have to queue so use the lane that is for traffic turning right towards Lewisham or back to London and then at the last minute turn their left indicator on and expect people to let them in.

I am probably thick but I am confused.

If a bus lane is in operation then I accept that it is obvious that car drivers should not use it. However if it is not in operation then surely it is only right and proper to use the bus lane thereby reducing congestion for other roadusers?

Or have I missed something?
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fair enough but i used to work with someone who had a sticker for their 8 year old childs Diabetes. Ridiculous.

I'm only guessing, but might that be so that they can park up quickly to get some emergency sugar?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]

I'm only guessing, but might that be so that they can park up quickly to get some emergency sugar?

Circulation problems can sometimes be a complication of diabetes and they could impair mobility if severe.