Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++++++Parkinson SACKED+++++++

WSSWSS
edited January 2011 in Rumours

Comments

• RS SPORTS Consultancy is fast becoming a recognised name for Agent Representation, Media Content Providers, Football Business Consultancy and Club Insurance Services.
  • You sure?! Can't see anything in his timeline.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]You sure?! Can't see anything in his timeline.
    It's the top tweet!
  • If I click on the link you put up, the most recent one I get is to @jonnytaylor23 16 hours ago. Link to the specific tweet pls?
  • Looks like the tweet has been removed
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]You sure?! Can't see anything in his timeline.
    It's the top tweet!

if it was it has been deleted
  • I've just heard the same from the author of another blog saying he's received texts from 2 different sources.....
  • Is on there i just see WSS RT on twitter.
  • Link working fine.

Rumours Phil Parkinson has been sacked by Charlton #cafc
    1 minute ago via web rking fine.
  • Still showing for me:

rs_sports

1. Rumours Phil Parkinson has been sacked by Charlton #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Still showing if you search #cafc tag but gone from that users timeline from what I can see
  • just heard from someone whose work involves going to sparrows lane, he says sounds like parky, kins and breaker have all gone.
  • hmmmmmmmm if any of this is true it would indicate that they always had someone lined up..............
  • Praying it is true...think NLA said on here last night Parkinson would be gone this week.
  • you should always have a plan B shouldn't you? They possibly wouldn't have shown interest if Parky hadn't got us up here, so they were going to give him a chance perhaps
  • 2-4 home defeats aren't good for Parky......lost the Hull job on a 2-4 defeat to Southampton!
  • Just passed my driving test, this could really finish of a top day!
  • Please make this true, see my comment this morning on ' No apologies, Parky must go '.
  • If Parky is sacked today it will say a lot more about the new owners than it will about Parkys management ability. Parky received the vote of confidence only a few days ago from Slater.
  • GONE. Thank fook for that!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite] Parky received the vote of confidence only a few days ago from Slater.

Yeah, cos that's never happened in football before, last night would not have been the first time the new board have seen parky in action.
  • My thoughts exactly johnny. Whatever anyone's opinions of Parkinson or yesterday it doesn't entirely sit comfortably with me that friday it's all about continuity, sitting down with phil, giving him money to spend and tuesday he's sacked. If he's gone today Slater can't have meant all that on Friday. There was no pressure to say all that so why say it? Setting yourself up for a fall.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]If Parky is sacked today it will say a lot more about the new owners than it will about Parkys management ability. Parky received the vote of confidence only a few days ago from Slater.

Yep, they are on the front foot and capable of making positive steps to improving the team performance rather than hoping that PP eventually gets it right
  • never saw it as a vote of confidence - saw it as an opportunity to force him out or sack him. Don't know whats up with some people. Do you want success and enjoy your trips to the Valley or is your sole concern about not hurting Parky's feelings?
  • Not sure where the vote of confidence has come from unless l missed something. I understood that the board would sit down with Parky about bringing in new players. They are not going to say anything differently are they. Parky had his chance to get 9 points but got 2 with woeful performances. The board should at least expect decent performances. Sorry to say, but he should now go.
  • to me it shows they have the balls to make a tough decision and not worry about what other people might think and just do what is right for CAFC. To Phil, I wish you all the best. A nice guy undoubtably but ultimately not up to the job.
  • Also pleased according to ssn, his backroom staff have gone too. Unkeen on the idea of Breaker or Kins taking charge whether temporary or permanent.
  • Come on. As if slater or any chairman in fact would say in there first press conference. Na were gonna sack the manager straight away. Its like when a player signs for a new team you get the saying ' This is where i want to be '

When really half the time its not
  • Nothing yet on the Official outlets.

Which means:

a. its not true, or
    b. A changing era where the club's comms team get treated second rate as sports consultancy firms and Sky get to announce what should be their exclusives.

Bet Matt W etc are fuming if its true.
  • "The chairman declared full confidence in manager Parkinson's ability to steer the club onwards and upwards in tandem with its new owners."

"It's certainly not our intention to make any change," he said. "Phil's done a great job. We're third in the league and that speaks for itself, so we're going to have a sit down with Phil over the next few days and we'll give him every support.

From the club website!