Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wise, Jimenez and Verney to complete Taleover today 30.12.2010

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Onwards and upwards!

Comments

• Who's Verney?
  • Verney! Verney! Verney!
  • Surely can't be true
    So many people have said wise isn't involved
  • edited December 2010
    And they were adamant he wasn't involved and very dismissive of any suggestion that he was/ is
  • I watched premier years 00/01 last night wise and vialli thought to myself if wise is involved then would we end up with a manager like vialli .

Ended up thinking wise being involved wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have been told he isn't involved but it just won't go away his name has been here from the start the comments yesterday from varney echo what had been said to me from the start.

"Best for cafc " that's what I was told the day of the original statement a line that could be hiding news that not all will like .

I have said many times I don't care if wise is involved as long as the money gets us out of trouble his football connections could be key to us moving on

Is he isn't he somehow I think we are nearer to an answer charlton do love a Thursday announcement
  • It's my, what time
  • A TaleOver? Oh, I do hope so.
  • And this is based on?....
  • I'm starting to think itsmyball is a old director, who may well have had to write a lot of his debt off !!
  • It's Ok everyone, I know who this guy is, and I dont think he's in a position to know this.

Itsmyball: you say you're a real fan like the rest of us, but you obviously feel you've got something important to say to all of us, in which case you'd be much better off coming on here under your real name and getting it off your chest. You'll get a bit of respect if you do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• May well be right on this, but ive certainly got no respect for this poster
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I'm starting to think itsmyball is a old director, who may well have had to write a lot of his debt off !!
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]It's Ok everyone, I know who this guy is, and I dont think he's in a position to know this.

Itsmyball: you say you're a real fan like the rest of us, but you obviously feel you've got something important to say to all of us, in which case you'd be much better off coming on here under your real name and getting it off your chest. You'll get a bit of respect if you do that.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]May well be right on this, but ive certainly got no respect for this poster

Is this the Clique ;-)

Spill the beans
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]May well be right on this, but ive certainly got no respect for this poster

Nick Gray ? or Jermaine Defoe ?
  • Yeah nla, that "best for CAFC thing" pretty much confirmed it in my mind, too.
  • can we have a life ban if it aint true please?

:)
  • If those two are involved I'm looking on the positive side as in surely they have learnt from their mistakes? Might turn out to be brilliant!!
  • Said it before, all sit back and think, would Murray sell to, and would Reg represent any group or individual, that either of them had doubts or reservations about how they/him could jeopardise our future even more?.............................................................................................no, of course they wouldnt.
  • Still waiting...............
  • If it is true - and it increasingly looks like it is - there are a number of posters who should look back at their comments over the last few weeks...

I don't mean those who assured us they knew it wasn't and we should move on. I'm thinking more of those who in AFKA's 'breaking point' thread announced that Wise having anything to do with Charlton would be their point of rupture with the club.

If J & W are about to be unveiled, I really, really hope you didn't mean what you said, guys !!!
  • Whoever is unveiled, the real player will be the one(s) with the dosh, and that ain't gonna be Wise or Jimenez.
  • Sponsored links:

• I still reckon it's a Seb Sainsbury takeover
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Said it before, all sit back and think, would Murray sell to, and would Reg represent any group or individual, that either of them had doubts or reservations about how they/him could jeopardise our future even more?.............................................................................................no, of course they wouldnt.[/quote]

I hope you are right.
  • Known wise was involved for a while, but didnt know for definate Jiminez was... if he is, i'm confident it's big money
  • I just dont know what to think anymore my head hurts thinking about it

UTA how sure are you about wise everything i am hearing is that people dont feel there is legs in it

i wish this would now conclude soon as it is begining to drive me potty
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Whoever is unveiled, the real player will be the one(s) with the dosh, and that ain't gonna be Wise or Jimenez.

true but wise could be the hired football help for the investors, like what Mcmanaman is with the birmingham owners.

Then its a case of how much influence they have with the money men when it comes to transfer fees and managerial hiring/firing. If someone like Wise can influence decisions like that then it makes me very uncomfortable.
  • don't think it would do the squad and Parky any harm to be 'on their toes' so to speak, if they suspect there's money waiting.

will seperate the men from the boys, time to step up......and go up !
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    UTA how sure are you about wise everything i am hearing is that people dont feel there is legs in it

Know someone who's got a lot of contacts in football, he's told me... don't think he's ever given me naff info. Told me Wise was on the way to The Valley, and when I asked the daughter of someone who works pretty high up at the club she hadn't heard anything about Wise but her dad had told her there was a video link with the investors scheduled for that night. All ties in....
  • edited December 2010
    None of the above "comment" buttons are working ???
  • We seem to have arrived at the last minute of the 11th hour (I hope) and yet still not a single one of us has got a genuine scooby about this takeover. Truly remarkable I would suggest.
  • It's quite nerve racking tbh shg don't you think