Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non league clubs feeling the pinch.

It's not just Welling and Bromley That are experiencing cash flow problems,many more clubs further down the pyramid are in the same position.

Would'nt be surprised if some go out of business due to the recent weather,popping along is a great idea but it would probably help out by sponsoring the match ball or buying some advertising or even using the bar.

Hope Bromley and Welling are gonna be okay, probably the last thing Welling need at the moment is another game called off.

Comments

• That's a good post, Badger.

Recently they will have found money hard to come by - after losing gate revenue from so many postoned matches.

We need to support our local non-league clubs when we can.
  • absolutely no reason Welling v Bromley should've been called off yesterday, I had a wander on the pitch at 11.15 and apart from a bit of snow (which would've melted by KO) it was perfectly playable
  • cray played away at Margate on Monday and won 2-0 finished 2011 in 3rd place.
  • edited December 2010
    Did wonder about the Welling game especially with Ebbsfleet v Dartford going ahead.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]cray played away at Margate on Monday and won 2-0 finished 2011 in 3rd place.
    OS says Cray play Hastings on new years day, could be Perkins v Davisson if they both play.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]cray played away at Margate on Monday and won 2-0 finished 2011 in 3rd place.

Wow, Steve .....back to the future?

;o)
  • No offence to anyone intended here, but if I have any spare cash it's going to one club and one club only. Don't want anyone to go under, but if I'm going to be busting a gut to keep anyone afloat then it's a no brainer for me.

Good luck to all though, but for those reasons - I'm out!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]cray played away at Margate on Monday and won 2-0 finished 2011 in 3rd place.[/quote]
    OS says Cray play Hastings on new years day, could be Perkins v Davisson if they both play.[/quote]

I haven't decided on Colchester as I think there is a pretty good chance I will be over the limit to drive , so may jump on the bus to watch Cray.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]No offence to anyone intended here, but if I have any spare cash it's going to one club and one club only. Don't want anyone to go under, but if I'm going to be busting a gut to keep anyone afloat then it's a no brainer for me.

Good luck to all though, but for those reasons - I'm out!

agree totally .... i (selfishly) don't really care too much for local non league clubs , the few hundred fans that watch em could be spending their money at the valley and filling the seats at our stadium
  • Well, Bromley are now in financial doo-doo. They haven't been able to play a home game since 9th November,
    7 weeks ago .......and even though they had contingency funds for 6 weeks cash reserve, that money is now exhausted.

To rub salt in the wounds, the club house was broken into, robbed and trashed.

Link: Bromley need support