Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC London News re Brighton game

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Having just watched the BBC London news ie 18.45 BBC 1 tonight they stated that the Brighton v Charlton game tomorrow is postponed. Nothing on the Brighton or Charlton website re this or on the BBC website. Can someone please confirm the state of affairs? THIS IS NOT A WIND UP! BUT JUST SEEN ON BBC NEWS TV.
We are now actually trying to book up a hotel in Brighton, but not of course if there is no game.
Hope someone knows what is going on and let all of us know!

Comments

• I have already booked a hotel so will need to cancel - hope it is not off
  • Should know at around 19:15 tomorrow evening.
  • Having to travel 800 miles please I only need serious comments. Would be much obliged if somebody can confirm whether the game, at present, is on or off.
  • edited December 2010
    My random theory:

The fixture list no doubt originally showed this as a Tuesday 28th December fixture.

Parky and Poyet between them decided to move the game back one day, so the BBC/Pools fixture list shows game postponed (until tomorrow)

You often see this on the BBC fixture list, particularly when games are moved from Saturday to Sunday/Monday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Having to travel 800 miles please I only need serious comments. Would be much obliged if somebody can confirm whether the game, at present, is on or off.

Nobody knows for sure at the moment mate - but I think Oggy's theory above is probably what's put the cat amongst the pigeons.

It get's it's critics, but our official website - or rather the people that update it - are pretty good so if it says it's still on on there than that's all you can go by really. Good luck - I'm sure it'll all be fine, well, until the game starts anyway!
  • Cheers for that OGGY but the man did say on the BBC that tomorrows game is off.
    SO CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.
  • Says on twitter that it is ON
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Cheers for that OGGY but the man did say on the BBC that tomorrows game is off.
    SO CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.

Yeah, but it was Assad Ahmed mate - geezer doesn't know what he's saying half the time.

My advice: go ahead with you plans, but check the internet later tonight to see what our website says - and also Brighton's and the BBC's . I reckon it's still on.
  • wwaddickson posted this Matt Wright tweet on the other thread:

Just to confirm, #cafc v Brighton tomorrow has NOT been postponed. BBC LONDON are doing full commentary from the Withdean (MW) #cafc

As things stand at the moment, the game will play Lewises.
  • okay guys cheers for the updates,its alongway for me and the other-half to travel but will keep fingers crossed that for once the BBC have made ONE BIG COCK-UP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was announced earlier on radio London,i heard it.

Commentary will be coming from the withdean,think it should be okay, fingers crossed.
  • edited December 2010
    The brighton pitch is 100% ok according to the forums.

Lazy journo's..
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The brighton pitch is 100% ok according to the forums.

Lazy journo's..

Finally, some good news :-D
  • but the fog may well be the problem however
  • Riz is on hols wouldn't of happened if she was here
  • Think that the bbc have made a rickett here......
    http://twitter.com/#!/bbclondonsport
    I notice that they have not replied to the posting re Charlton,

I can confirm my wife heard it at 6 o'clock.

See what happens when I leave the place!, as wrong as a Durso pitch inspection!......

I blame 'Emma' myself......

I will give the sports desk a ring..........
  • The fog will get this one called off
  • edited December 2010
    I would advise anyone going to the game to check with CAFC.

I am sure the Official CAFC site would\will have an update by Matt.

No one picking up at BBC London, at least the sports desk, left a message for the duty officer.

As the website states......
    After three frustrating postponements in December, Charlton will be hoping their last fixture of the month gets the go-ahead when the Addicks travel to league leaders Brighton & Hove Albion on Wednesday night (7.45pm).

One could argue that this is the last thing that Charlton need after the boxing day fiasco!
  • It's much warmer tonight it seems to me.