Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England 2018 Presentation

Just watched the presentation and thought all speakers were superb. Very confident of winning now.

Comments

• that was a bloody good bid proposal and film ... and comment from blatter: excellent remarkable presentation!

well done all
  • Did you watch all the ohers?
  • spain / portugal was pretty good but not as appealing as ours ... crawling to fifa, i.e. they are not accusing fifa of corruption like 'some others'
  • surely at this stage it is completely irrelevent ? Always seen these type of things like the Eurovision with everything stiched up beforehand. If we don't get it it will be a real shame, because there seriously appears to be nothing more that could have been done to win it.
  • Beckham is a class act

nearly had me crying if this dont work then Hollywood beckons after LA
  • Where did you find these bid presentations? Link if possible please :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Beckham is a class act

nearly had me crying if this dont work then Hollywood beckons after LA

Made his grandfather proud ;-)
  • and good to see Paul Elliott on the film
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]surely at this stage it is completely irrelevent ? Always seen these type of things like the Eurovision with everything stiched up beforehand. If we don't get it it will be a real shame, because there seriously appears to be nothing more that could have been done to win it.

I disagree. I believe the Olympics was won at this stage by swaying the not sures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks, shame I missed Englands bid, sadly I've been 'snowed in' today so can now catch the decision on itv1. I would expect them to show Englands video again as they have given an hour slot to the programme.
  • Russian bid starting with their deputy PM
  • I love the audacity of Qatar's bid. Using a mercanary (Zidane) who has really no connection to your country other than you could pay his price. They should get the World Cup just for that.
  • abramovich will be presenting
  • I was in Qatar last week and they have a very innovative approach in their bid ... stadiums will be 're-usable' ... many will not be neded in qatar after world cup so idea is that they can be easily transported and re-built for future world cups
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I love the audacity of Qatar's bid. Using a mercanary (Zidane) who has really no connection to your country other than you could pay his price. They should get the World Cup just for that.

You're saying that Algeria isn't in the Middle East? That was the impression I got from the ads.
  • what time is the decision programme on ?
  • Its a shame, but looking at the pattern of world cup hosts i dont think we will get it.
    FIFA have alternated world cup hosts to nations that haven't done it before (a new market) and ones that have and they have done this since 1986.
    I expect Russia to get 2018 and the USA to get 2022. Looking further afield i fully expect China to host 2026 and then it will come back to Europe in 2030.

England 2030?

Its bollocks to be fair, politics and football should be kept apart......We all know how good a world cup would be in England and i will be truly disappointed if we don't get it..
  • Thanks Birmingham for your support in England's bid!
  • not impressed with this russian bid film
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]what time is the decision programme on ?

about 15.00
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]what time is the decision programme on ?
    2:45pm on BBC2 not itv1.
  • Do Bristol, Plymouth, Milton Keynes and Nottingham really need brand new extra-big grounds bought for them by the taxpayer?
  • I thought it was crap
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]not impressed with this russian bid film
    It was a cringe to say the least.
    Arshavins letting him take it! Most unusual!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Thanks Birmingham for your support in England's bid!

wondered where the first comment like that was on here
  • russia streesing that eastern europe never hosted world cup but western europe had 10 occasions
  • russia transport will be free if you have a match ticket!

... and visa-free entry to russia
  • Just watched the clip of BBC news website of Beckhams bid... cor dear make you right nla. Ive got a bit of a cold but my eyes welled up.
  • Beckhams bid.

cor dear i coudl do something productive with him... if he keeps his mouth shut.

(only joking dear).

Beckham