Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Be aware: Whisper notification is switched off

edited November 2010 in Troubleshooting
Just to make everyone aware that we have, for the time being, switched off the extension that highlights when you have been whispered.

We are trying different things to try and help boost performance during peak times, so apologies for any inconvenience it may cause.

It may become necessary to experiment with switching off the whisper function altogether, but we'll let you know if and when that happens.

In the meantime, if anyone wishes to speak to an admin then please email admin@charltonlife.com (which a couple of us pick up), or if you need to contact myself privately then afka@charltonlife.com

That's all, back to work....

Comments

• But how will the clique pass on the inside gossip while bitching about other posters?
  • old fashioned email/facebook I guess..
  • It's been my observation that Henry refers to the clique more than all other posters put together....
  • seem to have lost other features from left column too, my discussions? or am I misremembering
  • I can't access whispers at all at the moment?
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry about that, thought I only pressed the button once...
  • seems to be troubling you algarve
  • edited November 2010
    Is there an echo in here?
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]It's been my observation that Henry refers to the clique more than all other posters put together....

it's cos he's in the outer clique not the inner clique, although I'm not sure if he knows it..
  • [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]It's been my observation that Henry refers to the clique more than all other posters put together....

That's because I don't believe that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]old fashioned email/facebook I guess..

I still prefer text for really important gossip.
  • anyway you don't talk about the clique - if you're in it, nuff said...
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Is there an echo in here?
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]It's been my observation that Henry refers to the clique more than all other posters put together....

it's cos he's in the outer clique not the inner clique, although I'm not sure if he knows it..

If you go to advanced search and click on members you can see all the clique lists as well as all the banned users. best bit of CL
  • first rule of the clique..
  • code red. code red.

fellow cliquers refer to your manual and use protocol four six.
  • Is it working again or still switched off?

Just want to slate a few people and dont want them to know ;-)
  • saw what you put about me
  • Any news on the whisper notification coming back?
  • Grass..
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2011
    *When whispers go wrong* #1947.
  • S*** ! Thats my pin number !
    Bugger !
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Any news on the whisper notification coming back?
    THIS!
  • Can't the last week's whispers be put on a thread and we have to guess who said it about who? - Prizes for best guesser and maybe a 'snide of the week' prize for the most bitchy post. Maybe there should be 2 levels of whispers 1) available for the competition 2) if the other person finds out he'll probably turn violent.
  • Is there any way of finding previously whispered conversations ?