Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KETMAN

edited April 2007 in Match Day Travel
Is that decide than we are on the coach??

If so do we book or just turn up??

Sorry for leaving sharpish yesterday but was melting in jeans and shoes, add that to the fact that it was gutting to say the least

Comments

• Thats OK Fella, We have to book the coach but it is free, I think Medders & his Motley Crew will be departing from the Sittingbourne Pick Up as well, Medders if you are reading this can you confirm? Could still be a laugh 6-7 of us on a coach. Think the others may well be driving from Charlton. We can sort out on Saturday if needs be.
  • Not 100% sure at the moment. Remember on Friday night we were talking about sorting a minibus... and you offered the bar man at the Lion £250 to drive it... very generous of you....!
  • Can you lot stop going on about Blackburn. I'm not going and am bloody gutted about that fact!!

Poxy car cost me a fortune as well
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Not 100% sure at the moment. Remember on Friday night we were talking about sorting a minibus... and you offered the bar man at the Lion £250 to drive it... very generous of you....!

Sounds like someone had a few beers!
  • Now that sounds more like a plan i can see it now

Mini bus full of beers
    piss stops every 20 miles
    returning after the game to find the driver got moved on
    and sleeping or drinking all the way home
  • Ah yes A Minibus, we asked Jason behind the bar. Thing is I cannot see him doing that, a whole days driving whilst we get lagged even for £200. I think for the moment we need to have a think about what we wanna do, if we could find someone to drive a minibus think it would be an option for our group of 10 that are going together. Think we should decide over beers next saturday.
  • I may be up for driving the minibus if my PCV licence hasn't expired.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I may be up for driving the minibus if my PCV licence hasn't expired.

Do you need a PCV for a minibus?
  • My missus has some PVC
  • Dont fancy 5 hours sitting with carter in PVC thats for sure!!
  • Sponsored links:

• i think its only above a 16 seater that you need a special licence.
  • Carter - you're driving
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think its only above a 16 seater that you need a special licence.

This is what I though, I'll ask around, I know a few people that might be interested, an advantage of having a dad that owned a cab firm I guess.
  • Depends on the size of the vehicle but I'm not 100% sure.

I should be ok to drive anything up to coach size.

[cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Dont fancy 5 hours sitting with carter in PVC thats for sure!!

Don't give me that, you'd love every second!!
  • We could also shave off MCS Beard on the way up, that should kill some time..!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]We could also shave off MCS Beard on the way up, that should kill some time..!

Not if I'm driving we won't!! Ginger beard hair will blow all over the place! Imagine copping a mouthful of that!
  • ScoSco
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Not if I'm driving we won't!! Ginger beard hair will blow all over the place! Imagine copping a mouthful of that!

Ask his missus next time you see her.
  • Reading that back that could be a very rude suggestion! hehe!
  • Ha Ha I have just Had that Barman from the Red Lion Text me asking me about the Driving Job to Balckburn. Did I really say £250? Seriously Lads, need to get a steer on this.

1) Is this something we seriously wanna do?
    2) Who can get us a decent local minibus & how much?
    3) Carter do you wanna do it or do we get the geezer from the lion to do it?
    4) As there will be approximately ten of us in total on minibus how much is everyone prepared to pay?
  • well if we were willing to pay £20 for a train i can't see why we can't push upto £25 for a bus that will take us all of the way there!

1.)Yes
    2.)Probably not
    3.)Course he wants to
    4.)See above
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]well if we were willing to pay £20 for a train i can't see why we can't push upto £25 for a bus that will take us all of the way there!

Errr, the £250 Ketman mentioned was purely for the driver.... that DIDN'T include the minibus hire and petrol...!!!!
  • I reckon we should do it in style, and hire one of these 'Land Yachts'...

Tasty
  • The M1/M6 & Service stations could be interesting for this one chaps, west ham are laying on free coaches up to wigan on the same day.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I reckon we should do it in style, and hire one of these 'Land Yachts'...

Tasty

I can strongly recommend hiring a limo if you want to do it in style.
    We done this a few years back to sheff u away, got a 12 seater 4x4 limo with a few slabs of lager and cheap fizzy stuff thrown in for £750 (10 went so £75 each), set off at 6am got dropped back at 10pm.
  • I'd do it if the fella from your local won't. I'd rather not as I'd be a burning ball of jealousy all the way there and back!!

I'd help out if needs be though as work have asked me to do a shift that morning and the reason I'm not planning on going is money I'll have to have a serious think.

But if you guys work out a hired minibus that can be driven without having people carrying licences then I'll try my best to swerve round work and be your driver for the day.
  • Whilst I think travelling up on a Minibus or whatever is a fantastic idea we are sharing the total cost ten ways how much are people prepared to pay to travel this way ? You get to have a drink both ways something you will not be able to do on a flight or subsidised coach. So boys look into it or not ?
  • For about a score a head you should be able to get a private minibus and a driver to take there and back door to door.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]For about a score a head you should be able to get a private minibus and a driver to take there and back door to door.

We want the van to at least have doors/windows & an engine.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Whilst I think travelling up on a Minibus or whatever is a fantastic idea we are sharing the total cost ten ways how much are people prepared to pay to travel this way ? You get to have a drink both ways something you will not be able to do on a flight or subsidised coach. So boys look into it or not ?

I think this would be much better than being stuck on seperate dry coaches.

Imho deffinately worth looking into.
  • I think this will be around £40 a head for driver and coach depends on numbers. just looking into mini bus hire now and a 12 is £64.00 a day plus petrol that was without shopping around but just to get a rough idea.

I will pay whatever as this is a preferred method.