Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Charlton Rejects, Charlton Rejects!

Lets hope we don't draw them in the cup.
  • good luck to him......bet he scores shed loads for them.
  • Nailed on he will score plenty for them.
  • Nailed on he'll do not a lot and have a fallout with the manager by xmas.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite] Lets hope we don't draw them in the cup.

Let's hope we do. At least they're a league side and will spare us the embarrassment of being knocked out by a side from the Kent league.
  • Couldn't have fallen much further, could he?

Barnet lost again last night and look destined for relegation. Hope he's not blown all of the vast amount of dosh that we paid him for 3 years, might need to dig into his savings when he's playing non-league next year.

Guaranteed to score a hattrick if we get them in first round of the cup though.
  • Poor Grant
  • If he can get his head down and concentrate on his game then i think he'll do well there. Very much a confidence player and league two is probably his level so if he gets a couple of goals early on there, i can see him scoring quite a few goals there. Barnet are pretty shocking though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]good luck to him......bet he scores shed loads for them.

i agree, although dont think he is good enough for us and wouldn't score for us so no lose

the heading lmao
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Charlton Rejects, Charlton Rejects!

Lets hope we don't draw them in the cup.

My thoughts exactly! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I noticed on the tv on the concourse that Barnet lost (or were losing) 3-0 to Wycombe as we were leaving last night.

Did Basey play do we know?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I noticed on the tv on the concourse that Barnet lost (or were losing) 3-0 to Wycombe as we were leaving last night.

Did Basey play do we know?

Lost 4-2 in the end. Basey unused sub.
  • England U21 International, League 2 player of the Year, in PFA Team of the Year, 54 goals in 116 League games for the Dons.

And then he signed for us.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]England U21 International, League 2 player of the Year, in PFA Team of the Year, 54 goals in 116 League games for the Dons.

And then he signed for us.

are you saying if it wasnt for us then he wouldnt be the player he is today ;-)
  • thing is with Izale, I don't think anyone actually questioned his signing when we bought him, maybe just the amount we paid for him.

For us it was a big gamble that unfortunately didn't pay off.
  • you have to laugh really ... he was a wild headless rubbish bunch of rubbish no good rubbish for us.... cost us loads of money in wages and fee..

you have to laugh...

itts supporting Charlton, you just have to laugh..
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]thing is with Izale, I don't think anyone actually questioned his signing when we bought him, maybe just the amount we paid for him.

one of many around that time including managers
  • Not sure he is good enough for them, taking into account their current situation and his ability.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]thing is with Izale, I don't think anyone actually questioned his signing when we bought him, maybe just the amount we paid for him.

Only because most of us only knew he scored goals two divisions below, watched some of them on YouTube and appeared to be a promising player based on the things Addick Addict mentioned.

First time I saw him he seemed to lack something, and I know others have said similar recently. In comparison at the time Todorov didn't take long to show he had a good football brain and Varney added energy and could be exciting to watch.
  • [quote][ First time I saw him he seemed to lack something, and I know others have said similar recently.[/quote]

Yeah, ability.
  • Sponsored links:

• About his level, Walton and Hersham for him next season.
  • I remember defending him and being optimistic that he would come good and that he might have finally got his head straight. He then elbowed the Northwich Victoria player at the start of the second half in the cup. Great bloke, hope he does really well there. Poor Barnet, hope he's playing for peanuts.
  • 2 goals today were well taken to be fair, but League 2 player.

Didn't realise he was a brummie ether
  • He could be very useful at league 2 level, assuming his attitude doesnt get the better of him