Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Magnificent Seven tonight

Some interesting bouts on here, real shame Darren Barker pulled out of the Macklin fight but Brook v Jennings will be a scrap (Brook to have too much for Jennings)

Chisora v Sexton will go to Chisora unless Sexton can make Del Boy really move

Maccarinelli is fighting a very hard puncher and as long as he is firing into the guys body he should stop him

The one I'm most interested in is Cleverly v Murat. Murat is a very disagreeable character but a decent looking fighter and who should give the boyo his hardest fight yet.

Anyone else investing 15 sovs to watch these?

Comments

• probably,might have a punt on sexton at fours,not convinced by either but thats good odds
  • Yep - looking forward to it, lots of good fights on that bill. I make you right on Brook/Jennings - I think Brook will take him out somewhere after the sixth. Chisora and Sexton are both pants - but strangely I think it will be exciting - with Chisora winning on points. Cleverly is too tall and has too big a reach advantage for Murat, he'll keep him on the outside and frustrate him - though Murat will keep on coming I can't see him with enough to damage Cleverly, who will win comfortably on points. The Macca fight could go either way - got to love a bloke who comes to chuck the gloves around, but although he always provides entertainment, he's a bit chinny and is just as likely to get panelled as dish it out. Chunky will smack Dilks around a lot - he'll keep walking forward but doesn't have the power to damage DeGale - stoppage win in the late rounds.
  • Dilks is game but DeGale should be too quick for him

Dallas v Fury is the one I want to see. Tom will hurt the overrated gypsy
  • Think it's a disgrace it's on box office but as I'm staying in these days I've decided to get a ruby and weigh out for it.

Most looking forward to the Chisora V Sexton fight. Will be very interesting to see how big Del progresses in the next year or so.
  • Shame, wanted to see a couple of these bouts but won't weigh out for it. Had a feeling they would do that when they switched the nightsfrom fridays
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Think it's a disgrace it's on box office but as I'm staying in these days I've decided to get a ruby and weigh out for it.

Most looking forward to the Chisora V Sexton fight. Will be very interesting to see how big Del progresses in the next year or so.

Me too, unfortunately we have no choice in the matter if you want to watch these events.

At the end of the day it's only fifteen quid for 7 decent fights so I'll swallow that. When the undercards are non-existent for the big PPV fights it upsets me somewhat
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Think it's a disgrace it's on box office but as I'm staying in these days I've decided to get a ruby and weigh out for it.

Me too, unfortunately we have no choice in the matter if you want to watch these events.

At the end of the day it's only fifteen quid for 7 decent fights so I'll swallow that. When the undercards are non-existent for the big PPV fights it upsets me somewhat

to me though there is no main event, it's a very decent undercard but for me to shell out 15 sovs there would have to be something like a Pac-man fight following them. They normally stick those on Sky Sports 1 anyway. Personally, I can't see Sky doing big numbers on this at all, and I think it's the least worth-it Box Office offering yet, up there with Khan vs Prescott
  • Yep, you are right

I want to watch the fights though and don't really want to watch them on a crappy stream. I hope this is not SKY now deciding that all of these fighters are potential box office draws because they are not.

Haye and Froch are our only box office standard fighters. Kell Brook might get there soon
  • I think Sky take the p*ss with their ppv events. If you are already paying for sports, I can't understand why you have to pay more. Still, I'd much rather pay to watch some up & coming UK fighters, IF that money goes to them to help them develop, than line the pockets of Don King, or a mouthy Mayweather. If the main event was Haye v Harrison, that would be a stellar package!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]I think Sky take the p*ss with their ppv events. If you are already paying for sports, I can't understand why you have to pay more. Still, I'd much rather pay to watch some up & coming UK fighters, IF that money goes to them to help them develop, than line the pockets of Don King, or a mouthy Mayweather. If the main event was Haye v Harrison, that would be a stellar package!

All the time people are prepared to pay they will do it.

I pay £145.50 each year for a television licence. That is more than enough thank you. If others were to adopt the same attitude sport might once again become accessible to ordinary people.
  • Sponsored links:

• The thing that bothers me most is that the fee is always £15. Wouldnt be so bad if tonight was £7.99 or so
  • edited September 2010
    Bit premature that one. De Gale well on top but still a bit early

Be interesting if the Groves fight comes off
  • Groves will beat De Gale but I'd like to see it in a years time when they have both got a bit more under they're belts.

De Gale looked very good though

Matt Hall is a good boxer to watch, this next one should be good whatever the result

I make you right too 7.99 would be a fair price for this, to be honest very few fights are worth the PPV price. Hatton v Kstyu was worth it, Lennox gave a few value for money fights but Froch and Haye are the only box office fighters I think command a premium
  • not good prep there for Hall

Dan you may be able to help , I can't think of any other Czech boxers
  • There are a few, can't pronounce or spell their names though! They are usually tough but not very good technically and end up as cannon fodder for Frank Warrens puppies
  • Got it on justin tv
  • Whats the link?
  • Ironically, people are saying that Haye and Froch are our only two fighters worthy of Box Office, yet Froch'ms last few fights haven't even been widely available!
  • go into justin tv search boxing
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Ironically, people are saying that Haye and Froch are our only two fighters worthy of Box Office, yet Froch'ms last few fights haven't even been widely available!

Ironic isn't it?

I think Frank Warren resents the fact he has done what he has without him so finds it tough to get on SKY

And the super six is only on primetime
  • Murat being totally outclassed here

Cleverly looks better with every fight
  • bloody hell what a tear up. Very worried that Nathan's gonna blow himself out here. Needs to step back for a round or two
  • bruising i think Murats due a night in hospital
  • One word after that - ouch. Bring on the next one - Brook in the eighth
  • great fight, how did it end ?

saw the first ten rounds, but then got covered in baby sick and missed the ending !
  • That was a very good fight

Cleverly showed against Oakey he had a good chin but he looked tough tonight

Murat was very 1D though. A tough man but very pedestrian
  • Holy shit - Hamed makes Honeyghan look trim
  • the size of him is unreal

Brook in the sixth in this one