Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loan signings

Obviously the transfer deadline was yesterday but today sees the Premier league sides officially naming their 25 man squads for the first half of the season. Be interesting to see who doesn't make it and who might then become available.

Comments

• I wouldn't mind a promising Arsenal Player on loan. Song did a great job for us.
  • do we need another signing at the moment?, I'm not so sure....I guess it depends who is available etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]do we need another signing at the moment?, I'm not so sure....I guess it depends who is available etc.

Well 2 that haven't made it so far are Santa Cruz and also Kightly at Wolves. I'd happily have either of them*

* yes i know there's no chance.
  • i still think we are one striker short. So perhaps a young promising striker would do.
  • Maybe a Keeper if Robbie remains injured . Ben Alnwick at Spurs ?
  • Did i read somewhere that players under a certain age dont need to be registered to be able to make an appearance?
  • Luke Moore and Luke Daniels have not made WBA's 25 man squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Did i read somewhere that players under a certain age dont need to be registered to be able to make an appearance?

21 and under
  • there will certainly be some of the top Championship clubs licking their lips at some of the potential prospects available after today for loan
  • creative central midfielder, with a killer pass ... well we can dream
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]creative central midfielder, with a killer pass ... well we can dream

that is what we are really missing. Did Andy Reid make Sunderland's 25 ??
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]creative central midfielder, with a killer pass ... well we can dream

that is what we are really missing. Did Andy Reid make Sunderland's 25 stone weight limit??
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Luke Moore and Luke Daniels have not made WBA's 25 man squad.

Looks like they were unlucky then.

Or in Glaswegian, "Lukes luke they were unlukey then".
  • Danny Shittu just been released by Bolton.
  • jonjo isn't in the liverpool's 25 man squard , get him back on loan pleaase !!
  • Any player under the age of 21 is still eligible to play even if they're not part of the 25 man squad.
  • Jonjos in as an U21
  • Luke Moore on loan? Remember him being quite pacey which is what we haven't got up front at the mo..
  • [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Luke Moore on loan? Remember him being quite pacey which is what we haven't got up front at the mo..
    More likely he goes to a Championship side and we get the striker they don't need.
  • Reading have already come out and said they will be looking to loan any decent players that dont make it, and im sure they are not the only team
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh no! ......we;ve already missed out on Wayne Mooney.
  • edited September 2010
    For me any loan would have to be a top quality (probably a youngster) who goes stright into the side and plays week-in-week-out. I can't see the point of getting in extra squad options. Remember, in the last two seasons Parky has had a Pardew like tendency to use lots of players eg we tried nine strikers last season without ever finding a combo that gelled. Although we lost Burton through injury for part of the season, this cost us those vital two or three points.
  • [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Remember, in the last two seasons Parky has had a Pardew like tendency to use lots of players eg we tried eight strikers last season without ever finding a combo that gelled.

To be fair to Parky, he was working day to day and didn't even have a contract when last year's August window closed.
    With the takeover talk going on, the Board weren't going to spend any more than the absolute bare minimum necessary to get by.

Emergency loans are not only a budget way of paying for players only as and when you need them ..... but you can often get a better quality of player for the money, compared to the total costs of the package bringing in a permanent signing.

The downside, as we've seen before in Pardew's time here, is that it can cause disharmony within the permanent players - with team spirit and morale going out the window.

Personally, I thought Parky did reasonably well with his choice of loan players last season - but the loans he brought in like Mooney, Akpo, Reid, Borrowdale and Jackson (until injury) were for the longer term, and nobody could dispute their effort and contribution. Indeed 3 of those 5 players are now permanent signings.

Ikeme was brought in for a specific job and period, whether people agree or not.

Fry was cover if Borrowdale was injured. After the March loan transfer window closed, Parky would not have wanted to be without LB cover. The fact that ultimately he wasn't needed, shouldn't make any difference - he was just insurance.
    And of course, Parky has brought him back this season, played him and the lad has shaped up well.
  • Surely there must be a young creative attacking midfielder at a premiership or championship club who needs some experience. Racon offers us nothing, McCormack and Semedo are too similar, then what do we have? We can't open teams up.

And no, not Shelvey. I don't think he'd come back even if Liverpool wanted him too.
  • What's Andy Reid doing these days?!
  • Andy Reid wants to go out on loan because he is not playing regularly at Sunderland , but I suspect we could not afford even part of his wages and he would not want to drop to L1.

More plausably what about Borrowdale and move Jacko to LM . Are there any left footed Prem youngsters ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Are there any left footed Prem youngsters ?[/quote]

Matt Fry :-)
  • haha YES we need at least 2 loan players in! but has Parky got the brains to relize we do? LOL.
  • [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]haha YES we need at least 2 loan players in! but has Parky got the brains to relize we do? LOL.

Two? We need 11
  • Yeah chris 11 actually would be better lol.