Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life's ultimate " Crap Towns" list.

I have just been reading a book called Crap Towns 2 . It lists the UK's worst cities and Towns.

I was wondering what town(s) you would put in an our ultimate list?

I will start of with two complete holes that are in my county.

1. Luton

article-1160958-03D1B0CA000005DC-368_468x312.jpg

2.Bedford

426692346_ad245bd7e9.jpg

Comments

• 3. Gillingham
  • 4- Chatham
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I have just been reading a book called Crap Towns 2 . It lists the UK's worst cities and Towns.

I was wondering what town(s) you would put in an out ultimate list?

1. Luton
    2. Bedford

5 - How could you forget Biggleswade if we are talking Bedfordshire....
  • 5 - Ashford, Surrey. Worked there today, white trash central.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I have just been reading a book called Crap Towns 2 . It lists the UK's worst cities and Towns.

I was wondering what town(s) you would put in an out ultimate list?

1. Luton
    2. Bedford

5 - How could you forget Biggleswade if we are talking Bedfordshire....

Tell me more....
  • 6- Salford
  • Bradford, without a doubt the worst hole I have ever visited, I wiped my feet on the way out.
  • edited September 2010
    Biggleswade - Dreadful place, grew up there, makes Bedford look like a hive of excitement. Half the population just want a punch up on a Saturday night, and the rest are waiting to die...
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Dreadful place, grew up there, makes Bedford look like a hive of excitement. Half the population just want a punch up on a Saturday night, and the rest are waiting to die...

LOL. its where i live! Got to admit it's pretty crap but it's not as bad as Bedford.
  • Croydon - Where men hit their wives in the high street.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Dreadful place, grew up there, makes Bedford look like a hive of excitement. Half the population just want a punch up on a Saturday night, and the rest are waiting to die...

LOL. its where i live! Got to admit it's pretty crap but it's not as bad as Bedford.

Oh, what bad luck. We probably have mutual friends -where do you drink?
  • Hull - it's the poorest place in the uk, it shows.
  • Hawkhurst Kent, unnatural looking people doing sick things to another
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Dreadful place, grew up there, makes Bedford look like a hive of excitement. Half the population just want a punch up on a Saturday night, and the rest are waiting to die...

Oh, what bad luck. We probably have mutual friends -where do you drink?

The Brown bear or the Yorkshire Grey
  • Brighton

Slough
  • Brighton??
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Brighton??[/quote]

Yep, it's a toilet, I've got family down that way and I remember it as a far nicer place as a kid than it is now. If it's mentioned as a destination for a night out between mates, I do my best to avoid it.
  • Gillingham has to be up there. Confirmed for me when walking through the town centre at our away game last season and seeing a pound shop, then a 99p shop and then a 97p shop!! I think the 98p shop must have closed down!

Luton
    Leicester
    Scunthorpe
  • Johor Bahru in Malaysia - dull or what and no I do not want a dodgy massage
  • Sponsored links:

• biggleswade? Wasn't that meant to be paradise on earth compared to London?

Other than the floodlights I think I'll stick with Bromley.
  • edited September 2010
    Lower Stoke, Isle Of Grain

viewed a house there 4 yrs ago. clue: huge house at a very cheap price

travelled through this inbred estate to get to house, kids on bikes in middle of road tried to hold us up, nearly ran one over, viewed house, came back to car to find tyre flat lol
  • edited September 2010
    Swansea

groups of inbreds waiting for charlton fans at station 2 years ago, most intimidating place iv ever been to
  • edited September 2010
    Middlesborough

got off coach there in 80s, had to take cover from barrage of bricks flying over terraced houses from adjaceant street, not much better on other side of town for cup replay few years ago
  • Catford is the only place I dislike going to. Almost every time I'm there something bad happens.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]Catford is the only place I dislike going to. Almost every time I'm there something bad happens.

Did you see Nolly then?

Sorry Nolly (sounds a bit Laurel and Hardy that)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Bromley.
    Croydon's inbred twin sister?!
  • [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]Catford is the only place I dislike going to. Almost every time I'm there something bad happens.
    Did you see a show in the theatre?
  • Swindon was pretty bloody depressing on our visit last season. Grey, horrible, desolate place.

Agree with DA9 though. I made the mistake of taking the ex-missus for an away day to Bradford a good few years back. What an absolute hole of a town!
  • Middlesborough

Hull

Grimsby

Swansea

Cardiff

Bracknell

Swindon