Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians you Like/Hate

Comments

• Like: Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Omid Djalili, Rhod Gilbert, Frankie Boyle, Julia Davis (Nighty Night)
  • Don,t really hate anyone, although the Manning/Brown (Chubby, not Arnold) type are a bit dated.

I like a lot of those mentioned, many of whom you hate (e.g. Jo Brand, take your blinkers off and put your prejudicies aside and just actually listen to what she does, rather than listen to what other people say she does).

Two great acts that I don't think have been mentioned are Stephen Wright and Steve Hughes. John Bishop's TV series is good too.
  • DA9DA9
    edited September 2010
    Like: Frankie Boyle, Peter Kay, Billy Connolly, Tim Vine, Bill Bailey, Steve Hughes, Reginald D Hunter, Stephen K Amos, Al Murray

Hate: Jo Brand, Patrick Kielty, Stewart Lee, Russell Brand
  • edited September 2010
    Ross Noble and Reginald D Hunter for me of the current ones.....Spike Milligan, Tommy Cooper and Ronnie Barker from the past
  • To Falconwood.

Malcolm Hardee was brilliant, there was no depth that he would not plunge to get a laugh. Saw him one time at the Tunnel Club. Some @rse at the front had been over heckling (just shouting cun£ at the top of the voice particularly at women comics). @rse at the front falls asleep, so Malcom comes on and pisses on him from the stage. Vic Reeves (under real name/b4 famous) used to come on and do rawhide every week on the guest mic spot, he would be booed off every week, but came back and did exactly the same thing week after week. I thought at the time that it was comedy genius, but I might have been the only one.

OK OK, you had to be there.
  • Hate: Pardew
  • The german fella on Fighting Talk is really funny

Love Lee Evans, Hugh Dennis, Sean Lock, Frankie Boyle. Also seen Adger Brown (think that's his name) at a couple of charity golf bashes this year. John Bishop I like too

Hate all female comediennes (just not funny) chubby,
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Glad to see a few people mention Russell Howard, he just isn't funny. Mock the Week isn't the same without Frankie Boyle.

Gina Yashere and comedy should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

I think it's quickly become clear that Frankie Boyle pretty much was mock the week (although I like Dara also)

Like: Frankie Boyle, Stewart Lee, David Mitchell, Chris Rock, Reginald D Hunter, Bo Burnham, Stewart Francis, Ricky Gervais, and the late Bill Hicks and George Carlin

Dislike: Lee Evans, Jim Davidson, Andy Parsons

Anyone who hasn't heard of him should check out Bo Burnham. He's a comic prodigy who started with silly songs on youtube, but is now really going places. Nominated for the main Edinburgh award on his first appearance at just 19, and received all sorts of rave 5 star reviews.
  • I quite like Andy Parsons. My brother saw him do a gig in Bromley and 6 people turned up, including a group of 4 on a hen night. He ended up chucking his material and just chatting to everyone there.

Live comedy is great, everyone has had a beer and even crap acts get laughs. I don't think I've ever seen a live comic die on his arse.

Lee Evans is not funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like Tim Vine, Sean Lock, Bill Bailey, Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Rhod Gilbert

Hate: Lenny Henry, Patrick Kielty, Joan Rivers

Don't really like Lee Evans or Billy Connolly either both OK in small doses but couldn't watch a whole show
  • Like: Al Murray, Frank Skinner, Alan Carr, Sarah Millican, Dave Allen, and Tommy Cooper.
  • Yup, live comedy is so theraputic.
    In only 2 years the Greenwich festival has become Londons largest comedy festival.
    Which is either an encouraging or depressing comment on London, depending on your opinions on the other thread!
  • edited September 2010
    Like:
    Lee Mack - for his quick thinking.
    Bob Monkhouse - for having a joke on every subject.
    Steve Wright - for his weird connections and deadpan delivery.
    Frankie Boyle - for being aggressive.
    Stewart Lee - for his thoughtful approach
    Emo Phillips - for his sinister side.
    Bill Bailey - for being different.
    Jim Bowen - for representing Charlton in Up For The Cup.

Dislike:
    Chubby Brown - for being a fat racist queynte.
    Bernard Manning - for being a fat racist queynte.
    Jim Davidson - for being a thin racist queynte.
  • Love Peter Cook, Bill Hicks , Tommy Cooper and prefer the younger Billy Connolly. Plus my old buddie Pat Condell is good in a sly way but more philosophical than funny.
    Avoid people like Alan Carr, Al Murrey. Lee Evans is too fraught for me. On principle never watched the likes of Chubby Brown, Bernard Manning etc.
  • LIKE:lee evans,lee mack,michael mcintyre,brian connelly,peter kay,jim davidson,jasper carrott,victoria wood, lenny henry,jeff green,rhod gilbert(welsh guy) tim vine

HATE:roy chubby brown,rouna cameron,sandra bernhart,stewart lee, cant think of anymore but there are more.............!!!!!!!!
  • Like:
    Tim Vine, Milton Jones, Lee Mack, Stewart Lee, Bill Bailey, Frankie Boyle, Armstrong and Miller, Mitchell and Webb, Rhod Gilbert, Stewart Francis

Don't much like:
    Patrick Kielty, Jo Brand (has never made me laugh), Omid Djalili (much better in things than doing stand up), Lenny Henry
  • Can't believe Russell Kane hasn't had a mention yet. I've seen him at the Edinburgh festival as well as in London quite a few times and he just never fails as far as I'm concerned - absolutely brilliant! Another one who I loved and really should have made it to greater heights than he actually did was David O'Doherty. I agree with Ken from Bexley with regard to American comics, I've yet to find one that I've found funny. I saw Rich Hall once at Up The Creek in Greenwich - he didn't cut it at all, then couldn't cope with the deserved heckling that came his way and just walked off stage.
  • I see so many comedians live so I could make a massive list. My main likes are Al Murray, Lee Mack, Ricky Gervais and Frankie Boyle

The only real comedian I hate is Lee Evans. I don't find him funny and ge sweats far too much
  • Surprised Jimmy Carr hasn't been mentioned

Funny comedian and he always goes and meets the fans afterwards
  • Sponsored links:

• A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum...

I just love comedy me...

There are far too many comedians with good material and good delivery for me to make a choice of favorite but it's my son's stag do in Scarborough this weekend and Saturday night is fancy dress and tonight, Matthew, I'm gonna be Sir Roy Chubby Brown...!!!

And I've seen Jo Brand live and I can guarantee she is definitely a good comedienne...

The 'comedians' that get my goat up are the ones that appear on those panel shows that get aired endlessly on Dave...

Some of them are so poor it's embarrassing...
  • we get live comedy in Phuket every few months, so the comedians I have seen there and enjoyed:

Rhod Gilbert, Greg Davies, Russell Kane, Andy Parsons, Bob Mills, Stewart Francis.

Other faves: Bill Bailey, Rich Hall, Al Murray, Sean Lock, Norman Lovett.

Dislikes: like many on here, nearly all female comediennes and I just don't get Omid Djalili.

Worst comedy act I saw was Ted Rogers of 321 fame. Dreadful. He just gave up as he knew he was dying (not literally, that was a couple of years later!)
  • Would like to add that I absolutely love Derek & Clive, although technically they are an act, comic ad lib genius from Peter Cook & Dudley Moore.
  • CommentAuthorRiscardo CommentTime17 hours ago quote# 2
    There is only one comedian worth his salt ... Stan Boardman ...

Anyone remember his performance down the Valley :)

For some reason i keep thinking he was in attendance at an Charlton v Millwall old boys match down there, but cant understand why he was there am i wrong?

Or was it the carling cup match half time draw?
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]CommentAuthorRiscardo CommentTime17 hours ago quote# 2
    There is only one comedian worth his salt ... Stan Boardman ...

Anyone remember his performance down the Valley :)

For some reason i keep thinking he was in attendance at an Charlton v Millwall old boys match down there, but cant understand why he was there am i wrong?

Or was it the carling cup match half time draw?

Wasn't it at Anfield?
  • He did a bit up there but he was also at the valley, it must have been the liverpool game but for some reason i go back to the old boys match
  • So Russell Brand is a comedian is he? I always wondered what he was. Surely comdeians are supposed to be funny though?
  • [cite]chirpy Irving said[/cite]So Russell Brand is a comedian is he? I always wondered what he was. Surely comdeians are supposed to be funny though?
    Comedy doesn't have to be funny, you should know that...
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Would like to add that I absolutely love Derek & Clive, although technically they are an act, comic ad lib genius from Peter Cook & Dudley Moore.

Totaly agree. That reminds me i have to go and take my mum around some jaffa Cakes.
  • Someone mentioned him above - I will tell you how bad Patrick Kielty is, I didn't even know he was supposed to be a comedian - I thought he was just some sh_t Irish presenter.