Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anguilla

edited August 2010 in Match Day Travel
Doing some boring research at work & found this:

Anguilla (a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean) has a capital "city" (town, actually) called The Valley!
The Valley

The population would just about fill the back half of the Jimmy Seed :o)

Comments

• noticed that a former hampshire fast bowler Cardigan Connor is in residence, i didnt realise Henry had such far flung relatives.
  • this screams charlton life holiday destination.
    they wouldn't know what hit them.
  • Got friends that live there, beautiful part of the world but currently experiencing a huge wave of gun-crime and burglary.
  • [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Got friends that live there, beautiful part of the world but currently experiencing a huge wave of gun-crime and burglary.

Is that specifically in Anguilla Thommo, or generally that part of the Caribbean?
  • Antigua also has significant level of gun crime and burglary. I have a friend who is a lawyer in St.Johns and home security is a major problem.
  • Just missed out on world cup qualification against el salvador
    It was a close 2 legged game
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Got friends that live there, beautiful part of the world but currently experiencing a huge wave of gun-crime and burglary.[/quote]

Is that specifically in Anguilla Thommo, or generally that part of the Caribbean?[/quote]

I cant speak for the rest of the Caribbean, Ive only spoken to my friends in Anguilla who said their had been a sixfold increase in burglaries in the past year, building on a significant rise the year before.
  • Wow! Bit worrying. Does seem to affect parts of the Caribbean disproportionately.