Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason lee

watching match of the day last night I noticed a coupla players, one from the spuds and one from wolves wearing similar hair styles to the pineapple apple made famous or infamous depending on your slant by our very own jason lee.

does anyone know what happened to him?

Comments

• Yep, he retired from playing.
  • Proper journeyman career
    Years		Club				App (Gls)*
    1989–1991	Charlton Athletic		1 (0)
    1991		→ Stockport County (loan)	2 (0)
    1991–1993	Lincoln City			93 (21)
    1993–1994	Southend United			24 (3)
    1994–1997	Nottingham Forest		76 (14)
    1997		→ Charlton Athletic (loan)	8 (3)
    1997		→ Grimsby Town (loan)		7 (2)
    1997–1998	Watford				37 (11)
    1998–2000	Chesterfield			28 (1)
    2000		→ Peterborough United (loan)	13 (5)
    2000–2003	Peterborough United		65 (11)
    2003–2004	Falkirk				29 (8)
    2004–2006	Boston United			56 (12)
    2006		Northampton Town		11 (1)
    2006–2008	Notts County			69 (16)
    2008–2009	Mansfield Town			21 (3)
    2009		Kettering Town			6 (1)
    2009–2010	Corby Town			35 (5)
    2010–		Ilkeston Town			9 (1)  

• well i know he retired oggy but didn't know he'd played for so many clubs, bloody he'll been around a bit hasn't he scoham, was it because know one could stand his hairdo?
  • He moved to Nottingham Forest in 1994, earning the nickname "Pineapple Head" due to his distinctive tied up dreadlock haircut.

Despite moderate success, Lee's fame did not derive so much from his talent as the decision of Frank Skinner and David Baddiel to lampoon him, obsessively taking shots at his "pineapple" haircut on their laddish football chat show Fantasy Football League. Following repeated ridicule on the programme, Lee suffered a torrent of chants and abuse from the terraces, including the chant "He's got a pineapple, on his head, he's got a pineapple, on his head!" (to the tune of He's Got The Whole World In His Hands by Laurie London) made famous by Skinner and Baddiel.[8]

The show also mocked his apparent inability to score, and Lee claimed the constant jokes undermined his confidence. Soon after he shaved off his trademark hair.
  • Pretty sure that I saw him on TV a couple of years back, and he looked more like Errol Brown than a pineapple!
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]well i know he retired oggy but didn't know he'd played for so many clubs, bloody he'll been around a bit hasn't he scoham, was it because know one could stand his hairdo?

Actually, it looks like I'm wrong .......(!)

According to Scoham's stats, he played for Corby Town last season.
    And now playing for Ilkeston!
  • He joined Ilkeston Town of the Conference North on 1 April 2010, scoring on his debut in a 2-1 victory over AFC Telford United

He's 39 now ...... and deffo still playing.
  • I think he holds the record for the longest time between scoring goals for Charlton
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite].........wearing similar hair styles to the pineapple apple made famous or infamous depending on your slant by our very own jason lee.

He's bald as a coot nowadays.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He joined Ilkeston Town of the Conference North on 1 April 2010, scoring on his debut in a 2-1 victory over AFC Telford United

He's 39 now ...... and deffo still playing.
    No idea if they're completely accurate, just took them from wikipedia. Does it say he has a club this season then? He could have retired since or not found a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• >>Posted By: sillav nitram.........wearing similar hair styles to the pineapple apple made famous or infamous depending on your slant by our very own jason lee.<<

He's not alone
  • I remember just after he had left Forest there was a documentary on footballers wives, Ian walker the ex Spurs and Leicester and England Gopalkeepers wife, a Wimbledon strikers wife, forget his name and Jason lees wife were featured, of the three she came over as a genuine person, whereas Walkers wife was a real WAG and the wimbledon players wife was a bit of a hooray. Mrs Lee was really nice, a mother coping with bringing up kids whilst husband was ofetne working away and on lower league earnings. had a soft spot for JL after that.
  • thanks for the info every one, can't believe he commands a wikipedia page, do they give them out to anyone, maybe I can get my own?;~{>
  • I remember him scoring for us in a 4-4 home draw with Ipswich (I think) - we were 4-2 down with a few minutes to go.....
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]Jason Lee BALD

He's got a pancake on 'is 'ead, he's got a pancake on 'is 'ead...
  • Oakster..
    More to the point i can remember him scoring the only goal of the match when we played Forest at The Valley we lost
    0-1 The pineapple you could say won the day.
  • I remember him scoring for us in a 4-4 home draw with Ipswich (I think) - we were 4-2 down with a few minutes to go.....

It was against Norwich and if I remember correctly we were down to 10 men and Leaburn got the equaliser
  • Christ.Lee AND Leaburn scoring in the same match???

Where the hell was i when this happened!!
  • Before & After!
  • Sponsored links:

• How many kids has he got?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]thanks for the info every one, can't believe he commands a wikipedia page, do they give them out to anyone, maybe I can get my own?;~{>[/quote]

Yes you can and fillit with loads of craplike most of wicki
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I think he holds the record for the longest time between scoring goals for Charlton

I think he used to have the record for longest time between debut and first goal (10 years) but didn't Primus beat that?
  • We has some big strikers that season, Lee, Leaburn and Jones. In that Norwich game they all featured too. Jonesy getting injured in the first half.

Balmer got a mickey mouse red (in my eyes anyroad) for a foul outside the box
  • Can remember the Norwich game very well. Surprised nobody's mentioned the he also scored in the
    2-1 win against Palace that season, our first over the Nigels for 12 years.
  • More clubs than Tiger Woods ... i'll get me coat
  • [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Can remember the Norwich game very well. Surprised nobody's mentioned the he also scored in the

Steve Brown was immense that day, O'Connell became a favourite of mine for slapping that horrible ginger grunt Hopkin
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Can remember the Norwich game very well. Surprised nobody's mentioned the he also scored in the

Steve Brown was immense that day, O'Connell became a favourite of mine for slapping that horrible ginger grunt Hopkin
    Browny was awesome. I remember twinkle and Kinsella scoring almost identical free kicks to put us 2-1 up at half time, then that little f***er Huckerby ran us ragged in the second half and they went 4-2 up. Pineapple head and big Carl did the business in the last ten minutes. Awesome game that was - as they pretty much always seemed to be against Naaaridge back in the day. Remember the 2-1 boxing day win - Kinsella's best goal ever that was.