Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wii - help needed

Managed to cut the cable that goes from the movement sensor thing (long thin black strip) that sits on top of TV and picks up your movements) on the Wii when fighting an armed intruder doing the hoovering.

Someone tell me what they are called so I can buy another one off ebay

Comments

• I thought this was going to be about your legacy.
    It's called a sensor bar.
  • silly predictive text. Sorry meant Wii

Thanks McLovin, that's the one.

Sink away now Admin
  • they sell them in game if you need one quickly
  • fyi...Nintendo one is 30 squid odd (bought a replacement a year or so ago so may have changed now). however, was told by someone who bought a non-official one for a tenner that it worked to an identical standard. your call obviously
  • Why would anyone hoover up with a Wii, why don't you just buy a proper hoover like everyone else...?
  • Echo the above. Dont buy the Nintendo one. Rip off. The cheap ones work fine.
  • seem to be lots of cheapish wireless ones on ebay (which might avoid a repeat).

Any good?

Cheers Duck Killer, I may need to make a quick run into Bromley tonight
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Why would anyone hoover up with a Wii, why don't you just buy a proper hoover like everyone else...?

Following on from the successful impact of Wii Sports and Wii Fit in tackling the child obesity crisis, Nintendo recently release Wii Chores in an effort to get kids into tidying their bedroom.

Henry was probably using the game to give his Missus a tutorial in the correct hoovering technique when she lost her rag and tried to garrote him with the cable to the sensor bar.
  • This is worth a read.
    Saved me a fortune on the kids.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

Following on from the successful impact of Wii Sports and Wii Fit in tackling the child obesity crisis, Nintendo recently release Wii Chores in an effort to get kids into tidying their bedroom.

Henry was probably using the game to give is Missus a tutorila in the correct hoovering technique when she lost her rag and tried to garrote him with the cable to the sensor bar.

LOL not so far from the truth.

Asked Henry jnr to hoover up. He then went out on his bike with his mates (not sure all this real exercise is as good for kids as the Wii but anyway) only for me to find he'd done a typical male half-arsed job of it.

So I did it quickly before Lady Irving came home from work and cost myself another £10.

D'oh!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]This is worth a read.
    Saved me a fortune on the kids.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html

Thanks bit sounds far too complicated to me.

Thanks everyone else also.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Why would anyone hoover up with a Wii, why don't you just buy a proper hoover like everyone else...?

Could be fun that, could have races to see who can hoover the stairs the fastest...

Can you get an extension for the pelmet...?
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Could be fun that, could have races to see who can hoover the stairs the fastest...

You can but you'll need the Wii Upholstery Expansion pack for that, which includes and extendable arm for doing pelmets and getting cob-webs out the corner of the room as well as one of those rotating brush thingies for picking up pet hair.

There's also optional extras like the yellow Marwiigolds for the washing up levels.
  • You can get a wireless one, so when you are hoovering next, you won't do the same thing.

Cardy and a vacuum cleaner, what a sight. Didn't have a head scarf on as well?
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Could be fun that, could have races to see who can hoover the stairs the fastest...

You can but you'll need the Wii Upholstery Expansion pack for that, which includes and extendable arm for doing pelmets and getting cob-webs out the corner of the room as well as one of those rotating brush thingies for picking up pet hair.

There's also optional extras like the yellow Marwiigolds for the washing up levels.
    Sounds all a bit too energetic too me...

Think I'll stick to Wii lager for now...
  • You can get it working with candles!
  • Was it actually a Hoover or a vacuum based floor cleaning device made by any other manufacturer ?
  • an actual 'hoover' branded vacaum cleaner.

Went to Game and bought a new wireless one that has a wire!

It works which is what matters.

Thanks for the help guys.
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Was it actually a Hoover or a vacuum based floor cleaning device made by any other manufacturer ?
    Nothing sucks like an electrolux...
  • When I split up from my first wife, I let her take the dyson. The sticker on it said " say goodbye to the bag."