Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The cost of stuff

edited August 2010 in Troubleshooting
Just paid 40p for a stamp and 99p for a light bulb - shocking ! Can you beat that ?

Beer doesn't count as that's a necessity and any price is fine.

Comments

• what do they charge for the burgers at the valley???
  • That's a choice thing - pay or starve
  • That's a choice thing - pay or starve
  • you can say that again
  • 99p is a bargain, they charge more than that at the local pound shop.
  • 4 chicken nuggets and chips with a coke at wembley £11.20......Thought that was slightly OTT
  • [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]99p is a bargain, they charge more than that at the local pound shop.

Hahahaha
  • Tesco do energy light bulbs for 20p. They last 10 years. Pretty good value i think
  • Apart from the fact they don't work very well.
  • At Glasgow airport last week in the WHSmith in the departure bit I paid 95p for a normal packet of Starburst and 75p for a normal packet of mint polo's.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]At Glasgow airport last week in the WHSmith in the departure bit I paid 95p for a normal packet of Starburst and 75p for a normal packet of mint polo's.

That's what a concoction of chemical flavourings, sugar and E-numbers costs these days.
  • WH Smug, sorry, Smith, remain one of the biggest rip off retailers in the UK. IMO.
  • I recently discovered my local newsagents sells Chomp bars but they're now 15p. A 50% rise in price since i was at school!
  • Got charged 20p for Air for my tyres at the weekend, feckin Air, do you think there is any chance the goverment will find a way of taxing it?
  • edited August 2010
    Went to my local car wash.
    £7,000 quid!
    3x the value of my motor. Wont be doing that again in a hurry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/7905396/Worlds-most-expensive-car-wash.html
  • JTJT
    edited August 2010
    I know you said no beer but £4.50 for a coke sized can of Carlsberg on Ryan Air.

Come on.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Got charged 20p for Air for my tyres at the weekend, feckin Air, do you think there is any chance the goverment will find a way of taxing it?[/quote]

Seeing that it is the local petrol stn there's 17.5% VAT on it soon to go up to 20% - Tax on air - gotta get that letter out to my MP, where did I leave that pen.....
  • Tip: When buying chocolate in WH Smith, go empty handed to the till and wait for them to thrust a giant galaxy in your face. £1 Special offer.....thank you.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I know you said no beer but £4.50 for a coke sized can of Carlsberg on Ryan Air.

Come on.

So that's around £9 a pint for Carlsberg on Ryan Air. Makes even the pissy chemical lager at The Valley seem cheap.
  • O2 burger and a coke £11 if you please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paid £5 for a gourmet burger at the 20/20 cricket final at Southampton at the weekend. This was shortly after paying £7 for a curry and £7 for a chinese there which didn't touch the sides.
  • 2 x 3D tickets for Pixar movie.
    1 x small popcorn ("actually, I think you'll find it's regular, sir" *)
    1 x small Coke
    Price - £29.50

*sir not necessarily included
  • [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Paid £5 for a gourmet burger at the 20/20 cricket final at Southampton at the weekend. This was shortly after paying £7 for a curry and £7 for a chinese there which didn't touch the sides.

Ha ha so you had a curry, a chinese and a burger. I bet you smelt good on Sunday morning!
  • I got stuff and it was quite cheap.
  • 3 quid on the train buffet cart for a warm can of cider. You can get 6 cold cans in the off licence for a fiver!

Agreed that WHS are the biggest rip off merchants. 2 quid for a bottle of water if you please!
  • There is this newsagent in Thamesmead that are even bigger rip off merchants than WHS. They were selling a water pistol for £4.99 but it wasn't a normal pistol as it was a small keyring water pistol and you could barely put a dribble of water in it!
  • Any booze you buy on a plane.

Just because we are 35 thousand feet above ground level, doesn't mean i have to pay a tenner for some spirit in a plastic bag.
  • At the cricket in Kent the other day, £1.50 for a tiny bottle of water.
  • £2.75 for bottled water, £1.75 for kids fruit shoot £2.50 for maltesers. over £6.00 for 2 very small pick 'n mixes for kids = piss take
  • sorry that was at the odeon in Maidstone