Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clive Tyldesley

Is this man the worst commentator ever? I've never known anyone, even the Sky lot, over hype in the way this guy manages to. All it's taken is for Engalnd to string 3 forward passes together and there is a big white stain in Clive's pants and all is forgiven re the World Cup.

Comments

• Hate him and Motson...in fact if he commentates I turn the sound off.....my son had some football computer game on today and all I could hear was Tyldsley cliches....I told him to put headphones on in the end.....
  • Sorry but, is there actually a good commentator? I for one can't think of one..
  • Jonathan Pearce is the best one at the moment in my opinion
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Sorry but, is there actually a good commentator? I for one can't think of one..

Guillem Balague.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Sorry but, is there actually a good commentator? I for one can't think of one..

I always thought Mike Ingham was alright, although he went a bit mental at the World Cup after the USA vs England game. I always enjoy listening to Roddy Forsyth too but he only commentates on Scottish games so you don't get to hear him much.

All the currrent TV ones are rubbish but Tyldesley is in a league of his own for the constant stream of banal shite that issues from his mouth.
  • Clive Tyldesley is extremely irritating and clearly believes that the myth that our players are world class.

Best commentator ever = Alan Partridge
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Sorry but, is there actually a good commentator? I for one can't think of one..

Guillem Balague.
    Balague isn't a commentator - he's a journalist
  • Balague isn't a commentator - he's a journalist....... never stopped me Leroy!. come to think of it , never stopped you as well!......
  • I quite liked Mark Mansfield.
  • I've never heard of a place called Hungaria. But if Tyldesley say's we were playing them, then we must've been playing them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tyldesley= super irritant.
  • personally i think Tyler is ok... cant see why everyone hates him
  • Martin Tyler is a decent commentator imo.
  • At least his not Alan Green. The most miserable commentator ever. I like Martin Tyler but nobody will ver be s good as the late great Brian Moore.
  • I'm a fan of Barry Davis and Brian Moore's work!
  • Tyldesley's purile drooling over the big names doesn't stop at the players. I once worked at an event where he spent the entire evening fawning over Ferguson to the point where even he rolled his eyes in embarassment. ITV is his natural home.
  • Guy Mowbray is decent.

ITV's selection is dreadful.
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Martin Tyler is a decent commentator imo.

Tyler is probably the best of a bad bunch as far as TV commentators go, but he's got prgressively more and more caught up in the Sky hype machine. Sometimes tight games are 'gripping', 'tense' or 'enthralling' but often they're just dull. I like the fact Alan Green is willing to say this but he gets on my tits because he only ever thinks a game is crap and some of the other nonsense he comes out with, particularly about the things fans sing/say can be very iritating.

I miss Barry 'Ooooooooooooooh I say' Davis and Brian 'And it becomes the perfect start' Moore.
  • Do we need commentators?

I would like the option of having the match sounds without any commentary.
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Do we need commentators?

There was an option (might still be there) on sky active to just have the crowd noise, they also had fan zone which was funny at times but usually even more cringe-worthy than Tyldesley!
  • Sponsored links:

• Barry Davis - the commentators commentator.
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite] Best commentator ever = Alan Partridge

"Shiiiiiiit! Did you see that!?"
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Jonathan Pearce is the best one at the moment in my opinion
    By a mile. Sadly some people just think of him from his crazy Capital Gold days when he was under strict instructions to act as if he worked for the Daily Sport.
    He is articulate, informative and extremely knowledgeable about all levels of football.
  • Thank God i'm not the only one who can't stand Tyldesley. Drives me particularly potty when he's commentating on a Moan Utd game in the Greed league and comes out with something like "Come on United, the whole country is behind you and willing you to score". Most people I know are usually hoping for the exact opposite!
  • While at Capital, Jonathan Pearce used to scream as if he'd just spilled hot coffee down his trousers after even the most minor incident.
    I also remember him completely losing it when there was the 'Claridge in the last minute' goal at Wembley against Palace.
    He compounded my amusement by telling the Palace fans "listening with their trannies" that they were unlucky.
    (All Palace fans have their own private transvestite to spend time with).

Pearce has calmed down now.
    Still nobody better than Brian Moore for me.
  • I can't stand the bloke and one day I'm hoping that all the drool has some effect on the electrics that he has around him. In the immortal words of the great kenneth williams 'frying tonight' please god, please!
  • [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]While at Capital, Jonathan Pearce used to scream as if he'd just spilled hot coffee down his trousers after even the most minor incident.

He was under orders to behave like that.

[cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]
    Still nobody better than Brian Moore for me.

But unfortunately he's no longer with us. I prefered Barry Davis.
  • Everyone here seems to agree Tyldesley is terrible so apart from the fact that his main competition is Peter Drury, how does he keep his job? Some people must like him.
  • Pearce will always say 'splendid save' without exception at least 4-5 times during a game. he's alright though just something i noticed
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Do we need commentators?

There was an option (might still be there) on sky active to just have the crowd noise, they also had fan zone which was funny at times but usually even more cringe-worthy than Tyldesley!

I think they stopped doing the no-commentary option because it was awful and no-one used it.

Fan Zone used to be OK sometimes in the early days when people tried to make a decent fist of being informative about their own teams. As time wore on it was dumbed down and down until all that was left was a couple of complete blockheads screaming at each other.