Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pierre Bolangi - OS piece on July 2023 Legacy Match (p4)

It is the 10th anniversary of Pierre's death and there is a piece on the CAFC website - I can't do linky things.

Please all remember Pierre on this tenth anniversary of his tragic accident.

Rest in Peace

R

Comments

• RIP Pierre. Who knows what could've been for the young lad 10 years on.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36393&newstype=n
  • RIP... Anyone know what actually happened?
  • I seem to remember hearing at the time that an army exercise sent the boys through water with back-packs on and he drowned. May just have been rumour though.
  • Yeah thats what i seem to remember that happened Harveys.

RIP.
  • R.I.P Pierre.

What a lovely memorial at the training ground may i add.
  • They were on a run and the army officer took them through a large pond. It was too deep for them and boys got out of their depth, panicked and swam back. Unfortunately Pierre couldn't swim and got left behind. Pierre went under and drowned before anyone could get to him. the amy officer was found guilty of manslaughter.
  • R.I.P.

How time flies.
  • RIP Pierre. A horrible tragedy. Can't believe it was 10 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shouldn't there have been a minutes silence/applause on Saturday then?

Rest In Peace Pierre
  • God rest his soul.
  • blimey, 10 years.

RIP Pierre, nice touch Charlton
  • edited August 2010
    The events are recorded on the OS, also there is a special landing page which has brought a tear to my eye. He was justa kid, RIP
  • I so hope that this helps the family in some small way. RIP.
  • Did any of his family attend the opening of the garden? I cant see from the article if they did or not?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Did any of his family attend the opening of the garden? I cant see from the article if they did or not?

The tall fella in the pic at the bottom looks like he could be a relation?

I seem to remember that the poor kid couldn't keep up with the rest of the group so no one noticed he was missing till later on, which by then was too late. R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• No family were invited apparently as it wasnt an official opening.

Anyway, more on the story from Jeanetter Earl.

PB
  • A tragedy that he had his life taken away from him.

RIP Pierre.
  • RIP

Tragic.
  • It's a shame he never had a squad number, as I am sure we would have retired it in his honour. The garden is a fitting celebration of his tragically short life, may he Rest In Peace and be forever remembered
  • R I P Pierre
  • RIP Pierre. So sad reading this again ten years on.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]No family were invited apparently as it wasnt an official opening.

Anyway, more on the story from Jeanetter Earl.

PB
    Just read this one & am welling-up.

Even in death the press seem to be a bunch of complete wankers....
  • RIP pierre! such a tragic loss
  • RIP

A real shame

Remember seeing him play just a few days before he passed against Erith and Belvedere.