Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

this site

is it me or do other people find this site slow to load and not just at this moment, has been for a coupla weeks, maybe more?

i work on a mac desktop, though don't see that this should effect it in any way?

Comments

• On a mac as well , have to agree normallly at lunchtime when most people are on, had a couple of server error messages relating to over capacity.
    Normallly very stable.........probably a 'mac thing'
  • Yes, having some repeated performance issues at the mo.

Apologies for any inconvenience, sadly we are not in the position to do anything about it at the mo but I can assure you we will as soon as we can
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Yes, having some repeated performance issues at the mo.

Apologies for any inconvenience, sadly we are not in the position to do anything about it at the mo but I can assure you we will as soon as we can

Typical. I mean, it's not as if you've got anything else going on just now, so bloody well get on with it.
  • Seems to be working fine for me - with the exception that I don't seem to be seeing the same amount of negativity and pessimism that's normal for this time of year.
  • What do people want for free?

Smudge, start charging a £20.00 per year upkeep fee.
  • I hear FLi do a good deal...
  • edited July 2010
    Somewhat off topic, but whatever happened to that Addickted.net messageboard?
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]What do people want for free?

Charge the Guests ....... but free once they've eventually signed up and logged on.
    You know it makes sense.

;o)
  • Nah just charge the Millwall and Palce fan visitors. Smiley
  • edited July 2010
    There is a difference beetween a complaint and a comment Clem snide!

Totally appreciate that this is a free site, and an excellent one at that, As I said probably a mac thing, not the end of the world, also appreciate that other people have slightly more important
    issues to attend to at present. I am not on snow leopard ( the latest software) and my son bought the new i phone and could not 'sink' his itunes, so I am going to have to upgrade the system software anyway as the imac is nearly 3 years old! anyway, and macs get a bit 'flakey' when this happens!. Still the good thing is at least there is no house music being played at present!....... so every cloud etc etc.......
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Yes, having some repeated performance issues at the mo.

Apologies for any inconvenience, sadly we are not in the position to do anything about it at the mo but I can assure you we will as soon as we can[/quote]

Sort it out AFKA or I cancel my subscription ;-)

[quote][cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Nah just charge the Millwall and Palce fan visitors. Smiley[/quote]

And the journalists!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Yes, having some repeated performance issues at the mo.

thanks for that afka.
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]What do people want for free?

gawd blimey clem! it wasn't a criticism just wondering if there was something wrong my end ?;->
  • It's not a "mac thing" Ken - it's slow on PCs too.
  • Would be happy to pay a small annual subscription but only if it included a Charlto Life badge ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Would be happy to pay a small annual subscription but only if it included a Charlto Life badge ;0)

Henry's got one. Yesterday he said he ripped it off his cardigan.

You can only get a CL badge if your face fits. FACT!

:o)
  • It's not a "mac thing" Ken - it's slow on PCs too...... Saga Lout quote

Thanks a lot, no probs, still going ahead with the mac upgrade though........
  • I blame Parky. If he wasn't doing so well with the transfers, no-one would be interested ;-)