Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon to Palace

edited July 2010 in Rumours
I am led to beleive that Racon is on the verge of moving to the darkside on a free.

Comments

• Whered you hear that?
  • He's not a free agent though...
  • Rumours Rumours
  • [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]I am led to beleive that Racon is on the verge of moving to the darkside on a free.

Bit of a tough one that seeing as he is under contract.

Last I checked clubs that are skint are not in the business of giving away their contracted players.
  • Not unless its a swap with 2 or 3 players comming this way.
  • Probably Ambrose & McCarthy.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the time is right for some of the more able bodied lifers on here to form a back up Charlton Athletic XI and present ourselves to Mr Richard Murray in his office at The Valley quick pronto, just in case we can't raise a team for next season. It's always good to have a plan B!! Any volunteers?? I will give my all for the club just for the honour of wearing the shirt of this great club, I will require no fee!!
  • Bullshit...
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I think the time is right for some of the more able bodied lifers on here to form a back up Charlton Athletic XI and present ourselves to Mr Richard Murray in his office at The Valley quick pronto, just in case we can't raise a team for next season. It's always good to have a plan B!! Any volunteers?? I will give my all for the club just for the honour of wearing the shirt of this great club, I will require no fee!!

I've given my all already.
    Like having had no choice but to support them for 45 years.

So who took me that first time to The Valley .....? I blame Andrew Mills.
  • If he goes, then really hope we get a fee. If we need to get players off the wage bill, then not too upset it is Racon. Much rather Semedo stays.

Think Racon is a fine player but if he stays- really needs to step up to the plate- more consistency and more goals/assists. Too often last season, he was anonymous.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]

I've given my all already.
    Like having had no choice but to support them for 45 years.

So who took me that first time to The Valley .....? I blame Andrew Mills.

Same here old chap, not quite 45 years but 28!
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Too often last season, he was anonymous

We also used to say that about Ambrose.
    And then he scored 20 goals for Palarse .....and he wasn't even a recognised striker.

So now Ambrose can finally get his £750k move to Queers Pork Strangers.
    And Racon can replace him to become Palarse's new 20 goal midfielder.

We've seen it all before. The precedent is set.
  • To be fair, Ambrose was disliked here by many but did get a few goals including close to double figures in 2007/2008. Cannot remember Racon having many shots last season- certainly not on target.

It is crazy to think Racon will be the next Ambrose.
  • Source Welsh Addick....?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    It is crazy to think Racon will be the next Ambrose.

You shouldn't take me seriously.

No one else does.
  • Keeping hold of our assets will not be an option this season.
    And it's a buyers market.(If you've actually got ANY money)
  • Chinny Racon
  • No one else does.[/quote]

Lol, I look forward to seeing this thread and my comments bumped when Racon has double figures by xmas in a Palace team.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]It is crazy to think Racon will be the next Ambrose.

Quite.
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Lol, I look forward to seeing this thread and my comments bumped when Racon has double figures by xmas in a Palace team.

I thought you said it was crazy ....?

;o)
  • It is crazy but stranger things have happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]It is crazy but stranger things have happened.

Agreed, Dan.
    It's strange but crazier things have happened.
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]It is crazy but stranger things have happened.

Agreed, Dan.
    It's strange but crazier things have happened.

IF we have had no offers for him and IF he is on say 6k pw, double what our highest wage will now be, maybe the Board will see the saving of 3k pw as a good bit of business. All IF'S though.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]maybe the Board will see the saving of 3k pw as a good bit of business.

Exactly, Large. Release Racon and play Pacy Basey there instead.
    The Board could offer Basey £3k a week (actually more than I can earn in a month, so great money
    for a 21 year old) ...... and save £3k a week. That's a saving of £156,000 a year.

Providing, of course, we've both got our figures right.
  • Palace can't afford to put a new lick of paint on their delapidated stands. So unless he comes with 2,000 x 5 litre cans of red and blue Dulux matt vinyl, then I doubt this has any legs.
  • [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]So unless he comes with 2,000 x 5 litre cans of red and blue Dulux matt vinyl, then I doubt this has any legs.
    Not quite what I heard, Number 1.

As part of the deal, Palace have offered us 1,000 x 5 litre cans of red paint.

We don't need any blue, so they can use that to touch up the blue bits of Selhurst.
    And their red bits there can fade to pink.

Oh, their red bits already have.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]maybe the Board will see the saving of 3k pw as a good bit of business.

Exactly, Large. Release Racon and play Pacy Basey there instead.
    The Board could offer Basey £3k a week (actually more than I can earn in a month, so great money
    for a 21 year old) ...... and save £3k a week. That's a saving of £156,000 a year.

Providing, of course, we've both got our figures right.

Oggy, for once we are on the same wavelength. It's a miracle !!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Oggy, for once we are on the same wavelength. It's a miracle !!

I know, Large!

Miracles, eh? I'm getting better, even though I can't feed the 5,000 yet.
    But I can already turn wine into water.
  • Average wages of footballers 2006 - obviously before the credit crunch and everyone tightening their belts
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]Average wages of footballers 2006- obviously before the credit crunch and everyone tightening their belts

That's a good, thought provoking article, TK.

* The average basic annual Championship salary is now £195,750, up from £128,000 six years ago, or an increase of 53 per cent.

* The average in League One is now £67,850 (up from £54,600, or a rise of 24 per cent),

* And in League Two £49,600 (up from £38,800, up 28 per cent).

These figures are for 2006 (no doubt not including bonuses, etc). Be interesting to know what clubs across the board are likely to offer this coming season?
  • Have Palace been taken over yet?