Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Finance.

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
I have just joined this forum.
I heard a disturbing rumour (Hope I am wrong).
"Charlton are in dire financial trouble. All the money accumulated from this years season tickets has gone to pay the wages. They could be in administration by Christmas."
It was from a reliable source. Can somebody please clarify this point.

Comments

• ha ha yes Santa better bring us something in his stocking, do you work for the Daily Mail?
  • What Christmas is that, then...?
  • Holy crap - Administration a possibility?

this will be news to everyone on here I'm sure.

I'm going to go and chuck myself out of the window - goodbye cruel world
  • With a name like that Dave, are you sure you're on the right forum because thats exactly what was printed in the Echo today about Southend!!
  • As I stated. I hope I am wrong. It was something I heard from a reliable source. I just wanted to share what I heard. If what I heard is rubbish then I will be delighted.No I do not work for the Daily Mail., but have supported Charlton since 1958. I remember past crisis' and do not want to go there again.
  • What? I thought everything was ok ? Perhaps I should of been a tad more annoyed that we fucked up getting out of the 3rd Division this season ?
  • [cite]Posted By: davewebb[/cite]It was something I heard from a reliable source.

If it is reliable, why are you on here ?
  • [cite]Posted By: davewebb[/cite]I have just joined this forum.
    I heard a disturbing rumour (Hope I am wrong).
    "Charlton are in dire financial trouble. All the money accumulated from this years season tickets has gone to pay the wages. They could be in administration by Christmas."
    It was from a reliable source. Can somebody please clarify this point.

Michael Jackson's dead.

Jeez, there has been a possibilty of administration for years - have you been away ?
  • welcome dave.
  • I love the way new members are embraced and welcomed here...
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave assuming you are legit, we are deep in the brown stuff, we cannot afford to stage a home friendly against spurs, we need about 10,000 season tickets to pay for the Valley, we owe around £35 million, although a lot of that is to our directors.

Our dire financial position is no secret. the only good news is that we are expected to pick up more for Bailey than we had expected.
  • I thought this was gonna be a thread about dodgy loan sharks.

Maybe we can amend the boring C A F C chant and copy Man City's song next season.

C A F C that spells fooking debt to me with a nick nack paddy wack give a dog a bone, Ocean Finance on the phone.
  • In other breaking news: man walks on moon, Titanic sinks and link established between smoking and lung cancer
  • OK. I did not realise this website was so hostile. It was just something I heard. I was disturbed about it and wanted to share it with other supporters. I wanted to hear that it was not true. However I do not need this sort of abuse. goodbye.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: davewebb[/cite]OK. I did not realise this website was so hostile. It was just something I heard. I was disturbed about it and wanted to share it with other supporters. I wanted to hear that it was not true. However I do not need this sort of abuse. goodbye.[/quote]

PMSL
  • please stay Dave.
  • [cite]Posted By: davewebb[/cite]OK. I did not realise this website was so hostile. It was just something I heard. I was disturbed about it and wanted to share it with other supporters. I wanted to hear that it was not true. However I do not need this sort of abuse. goodbye.

sorry but a) I'd hardly call it abuse and b) it's been the major topic of conversation for about two years so hardly a revelation.
  • the guvnor speaks.
  • See you around Dave
  • Sponsored links:

• dont go dave.
  • Dave?????
  • Anyone seen Dave...?
  • the bit of hostility was only a test. Be thick-skinned and stay with us Dave, we need ya.
  • TBF I have no idea of whether Dave was a wind up or not (I suspect he was but don't really get his ponit that being the case). If he wasn't then the treatment he's got on here has cuased a fellow supporter to leave the site within 1 hour, which must be A) some sort of record and B) a pretty bloody poor show by those that have made him feel that he didn't want to be member on here any more.

Blimey folks I know that we've all be through the wringer recently but was there any need to be quite so hostile to someone you didn't know from Adam?

*NB if you're ready this Dave and you are a wind up merchant let this be a lesson not to mess with the CL posse ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    I'm bloody off as well. Been posting on here for over a year, not one hello new member, not one response to carefully thought out points, not one criticism...... Some bloke does his first post an hour ago and already he is past 27 replies and is on first name terms with a number of cliques.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]I'm bloody off as well. Been posting on here for over a year, not one hello new member, not one response to carefully thought out points, not one criticism...... Some bloke does his first post an hour ago and already he is past 27 replies and is on first name terms with a number of cliques.

Don't leave Cordoban - I feel the same - let's start our own clique. Dave, if you are still here,you're welcome to join us!
  • you're my wife now dave
  • Saga would normally love to start a clique, but I am a bit concerned about joining anything that would have me as a member. I mean you must be desperate.

Perhaps rather than forming a clique, we should set up some sort of steering committee?