Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dowie may sue Jordan over latest attack

Iain Dowie is considering taking legal action against Crystal Palace chairman
Simon Jordan following alleged ``defamatory comments'' made by the Eagles
supremo. Charlton are supporting their coach in defence of a High Court writ
issued on Dowie for 'fraudulent misrepresentation' over his departure from
Selhurst Park - which came just days before being unveiled as the new manager at The
Valley on May 30.

One of the main factors in his decision was said to be Dowie's constant travelling back to the north-west to see his family, who did not relocate when he took charge at Palace in December 2003. The 41-year-old coach also stressed it was not the over-riding issue.
Jordan claims he signed a compromise agreement with Dowie on this understanding and was then aghast to see his former manager unveiled by Charlton just a few miles across south-east London.
The Palace chairman hit out at Dowie in the Eagles' matchday programme notes
earlier this season, and yesterday criticised Dowie in The Times, claiming ``he betrayed me.... and his lies have enraged me. I am going to take him to task for what he has done.''

Dowie said: ``I am saddened that Simon Jordan has again spoken to the press about his grudge against me and in such a personal way. ``I believe the courts are the right place to decide the truth.
``My lawyers and I are confident I will be vindicated when the [fraudulent misrepresentation] case goes to court next summer.
``I will then decide whether I want to sue Simon personally for the defamatory comments he has made.''

Dowie, though, insisted he would not let any off-field issues affect his job of turning around Charlton's disastrous start to the new Barclays Premiership campaign - they are bottom of the table following six defeats in seven matches.

``In the meantime, I am not going to let anything distract me from doing my job at Charlton and focusing all my attention on the team's performance,'' Dowie added

from Bloomberg

Comments

• Good sensible level-headed response, I don't think he should have mentioned the possibility of sueing him though, just keep it as low key as possible and let Jordan make a mug of himself.
  • [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]Good sensible level-headed response, I don't think he should have mentioned the possibility of sueing him though, just keep it as low key as possible and let Jordan make a mug of himself.

Agreed. Dowie should keep his powder dry for the moment.
  • What did Jordan say this time then?
  • see this thread Polo

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=694&page=1#Item_3