Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things which don't seem to have a name

Might just be my ignorance, but here are two to get us started:

1) Those little circular bits of paper that are produced when you use a hole punch

2) Those curled-up paper things you blow at parties (ooer!) which unravel and make a pathetic squeaky duck-call sound

Are there others?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Might just be my ignorance, but here are two to get us started:
    2) Those things you blow at parties (ooer!) which unravel and make a pathetic squeaky duck-call sound

Party Blowers?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]1) Those little circular bits of paper that are produced when you use a hole punch

umbrella fillers?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Might just be my ignorance, but here are two to get us started:
    2) Those things you blow at parties (ooer!) which unravel and make a pathetic squeaky duck-call sound[/quote]

Party Blowers?[/quote]

You see ... I've heard that. But it doesn't work for me. The blower has to be the person on the end of it, doesn't it?

Party Blowee maybe.
  • isn't 1. called a chad?

Was much in the news when Bush stole the US election.
  • Those little handle pull down thingys that are on the inside of a car, you hang shirts on them.
  • edited June 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]isn't 1. called a chad?

Was much in the news when Bush stole the US election.[/quote]

I make you right, Henry, and I doff my cap in your general direction.

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/buzzword/entries/chad.html
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Those little handle pull down thingys that are on the inside of a car, you hang shirts on them.

Clothes hook?
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Those little handle pull down thingys that are on the inside of a car, you hang shirts on them.

Clothes hook?

Possibly, but the clothes dont technically hook onto the thingy, the coat hanger does. Hanger hook?

EDIT: Please dont answer this....i think its the most boring thing ive ever written. My girlfriend is a lucky lucky lady.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]isn't 1. called a chad?

Surely George Bush jnr didn't cheat his way to the US presidency?

Surely all votes from black voters were included?

Surely his brother didn't deliberately miscount the votes in his Florida constituency?

Surely corruption of this level couldn't possibly happen in the United States?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]isn't 1. called a chad?

Surely George Bush jnr didn't cheat his way to the US presidency?

Surely all votes from black voters were included?

Surely his brother didn't deliberately miscount the votes in his Florida constituency?

Surely corruption of this level couldn't possibly happen in the United States?
    I think that's called chud....
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know why, but I always called 2 a party streamer. A search on google images tells me I was wrong. Party blower seems the most correct.
  • Well I always thought a Party Blower was a girl that's not very fussy.

What the name for a person that is expected to answer a question - a questionee?
  • someone who plays up front for Charlton but doesn't know where the goal is ? What are they called ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]someone who plays up front for Charlton but doesn't know where the goal is ? What are they called ?

i've heard them called lots of things in the north upper, but don't think i can repeat them here
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]someone who plays up front for Charlton but doesn't know where the goal is ? What are they called ?

Theyre called anyone whos played up front for us since darren bent
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Well I always thought a Party Blower was a girl that's not very fussy.

What the name for a person that is expected to answer a question - a questionee?

question answerer, simples ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Well I always thought a Party Blower was a girl that's not very fussy.

Respondee
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Well I always thought a Party Blower was a girl that's not very fussy.

Respondee

mr smarty pants! ;o)
  • What is the little crease in your up lip under your nose called?
  • Is it something like a filtrum?
    As in: John Major has a particlularly noticeable filtrum
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe that no-one has done a 'Reg Smeeton' yet.
  • What about that gunk that gets on the feet of your computer mouse? Not the fluffy stuff that used to get inside the old trackball mice, but the stuff that accumulates on and sticks to the tiny rubber feet of the mouse. That needs a specific name.
  • Its called gunk mate
  • the streets that U2 sing about
    the time gap between thunder and lightning
    people with plastic flags on their cars for a couple of months
    the emotion felt by a scapegoater when a scapegoat has a successful and totally unscapegoatable game
    the synchronised yet independent standing up to leave of hundreds of East Standers, sometime between 4:35 and 4:44
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    people with plastic flags on their cars for a couple of months

plastic fan
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Is it something like a filtrum?

No, the filtrum is the bit at the bottom of your nose.

As in "hello I'm Daniella Westbrook my filtrum disappeared due to the amount of coke I used to sniff" .
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Is it something like a filtrum?

No, the filtrum is the bit at the bottom of your nose.

As in "hello I'm Daniella Westbrook my filtrum disappeared due to the amount of coke I used to sniff" .
    It's called a Philtrum Dimple...
  • What is the name of those rumoured little metal things that have Charlton Life on them and are attached to your clothing with a pin ?
  • Douglas Adams dealt with this years ago by attaching strange british place names to unnamed things.
    My favourites were, if I recall correctly;
    A fart in the bath: "Brompton"
    That sticky nasal discharge thats too thick to be snot, but not solid enough to be a bogey: "Skegness".

Douglas Adams: comedy genius. Sorely missed.

The Meaning of Liff