Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your World Cup Bets/Tips

For me, I have backed (so far)

Teves Top Goalscorer - 40/1 Betfred e/w 5 places, 1/4 odds

Argentina v Brazil Final 16/1

To win Groups

Argentina
England
Holland
Spain
Brazil
Italy

7/1 Accumalator

I normall have good form at the World/Euro Cups

Comments

• Teves top goal scorer each way
    Cheating france to win it
    Brazil to go out in the group stages
  • England win and Rooney top scorer 78-1
  • Brazil to go out in 1st round
    England to go out in Semi's
    Lampard Englands top scorer
    Spain v Holland Final
  • Italy to beat New Zealand 1-7
  • England to win world cup 11.5
  • http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/world-cup-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=242543

Some interesting specials on Paddy Power

Maradona to be sent off at 10/1

Messi player of the tournament 4/1

Peter Crouch to score an overhead kick 33/1
  • I'm gonna back Crouch for golden boot @ 40/1
    E/W a 1/4 the odds first 4 with Corals
  • North Korea to concede the most goals in the group stages 6-4.
    Maarten Stekelenburg to keep the most clean sheets 14-1.
    Higuain top scorer 18-1.
    Any England player not to make the final 23 man squad but gets called up before the WC starts 11-2.
  • edited May 2010
    Serbia to top the group.

They very comfortably qualified for the tournament in a group with France in it. They have quite a lot of class players such as Vidic, Zigic, Stankovic, Krasic, Subotic, Ivanovic and Jovanovic. Germany have lost their captain in Ballack due to injury, of course they still have top players like Lahm, Ozil and Schweinsteiger but they aren't that threatening anymore. Australia look pretty average and Ghana are without Essien.

I have gone for Di Natale as top scorer at 50/1 as well. He has been fantastic the last few years and although Italy aren't known for scoring THAT many goals, they have New Zealand in their group and even though Paraguay and Slovakia are decent, Italy should score a couple past them both. They would also have 1 of Cameroon, Japan or Denmark in the 2nd round who they could score a couple against as well.
  • Looking for some combined wisdom on something

I don't really bet but I do do 'matched' betting which involves taking advantage of free bet offers. Centrebet have quite a fun one at the moment where you pick a team in the worldcup and you get a freebet for every goal they score in the group stage. 'Why pick Spain of course!' I hear you cry, but where it gets interesting is you get a different value freebet depending how good the team is.

So every goal of each team is worth as follows:

Spain, Brazil, England, Argentina, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, Portugal - £5
    Ivory Coast, Chile, Ghana, Mexico, Serbia, Australia, Paraguay, USA, Denmark - £7
    Greece, Nigeria, South Africa, Uruguay, Cameroon, Switzerland, Japan, Slovakia, Slovenia - £10
    South Korea, Algeria, Honduras, North Korea, New Zealand - £15

Spain look a good bet to give the likes of Honduras a pounding, but I'm very tempted by South Korea for a few reasons:

1. Greece and Nigeria aren't particularly good and could ship some goals
    2. If South Korea get just 3 goals it's the equivalent of Spain scoring 9
    3. I want to be cheering on the underdog wherever possible, and don't want to find myself hoping Spain are in dazzling form
  • Sponsored links:

• Done Holland,Germany,Italy each way at 11's,14 and 14's

Spain are not good value at 4/1 in that they play Brazil,Portugal,Ivory Coast in round 2.
  • edited June 2010
    Heart say England, head says holland.

Villa top scorer.
  • group winners;
    france
    argentina
    england
    germany
    holland
    italy
    brazil
    spain

acc @ 32/1
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]group winners;
    france
    argentina
    england
    germany
    holland
    italy
    brazil
    spain

Done the same, with one acc, and 8 x 7 sevenfolds.
  • There's always one of the favourites that lets you down. Could it be France again?
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]There's always one of the favourites that lets you down. Could it be France again?

Lets hope so ;-) would make up for the hand ball.
  • [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite] Any England player not to make the final 23 man squad but gets called up before the WC starts 11-2.

Not bad. Rio's apparently gone to hospital for a scan on his knee so his exit would see another defender called up.
  • Backed the Dutch some time ago at 17/1. Still waiting for them to implode.

Have followed Hudson's considered comments above on Serbia and backed them to win the group at about 7/2 (could set us up a last 16 v Germany?)

I fancy South Korea are slightly underrated and have backed them to go through their group with the Argies at about 5/1

and a mad one on Lampard to be top scorer at 90/1 This is not a tip.
  • edited June 2010
    Luis Fabiano top goalscorer - 12/1
    Brazil to win and Fabiano top goalscorer - 25/1
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Any England player not to make the final 23 man squad but gets called up before the WC starts 11-2.

Not bad. Rio's apparently gone to hospital for a scan on his knee so his exit would see another defender called up.

Get ready to claim your cash!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]group winners;
    france
    argentina
    england
    germany
    holland
    italy
    brazil
    spain

acc @ 32/1
    Cannot see this happening, there will be at least one casualty
  • Can see Mexico doing France. They beat Italy yesterday 2-1 and played some decent stuff against us.
  • First 2 games on friday to be a draw.
  • i think france are in a very tricky group and may be the big name to miss out on qualifying for final stages
  • France lost 1-0 to China tonight. And we think we've got problems!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]France lost 1-0 to China tonight. And we think we've got problems![/quote]

jeez didnt even know that lol
  • Serbia lost to New Zealand earlier this week too
  • for cris ronaldo to win golden boot, win player of the tournement, and to take his top off after scoring.
  • The US to beat England ... but England to rebound and win the World Cup.

B-]
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Any England player not to make the final 23 man squad but gets called up before the WC starts 11-2.

Get ready to claim your cash!

Yep, one down, so to speak....