Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flats owned by Charlton in New Eltham...

WSSWSS
edited May 2010 in Rumours
Take your pick on who it could be....

This is from a colleague of mine who lives in New Eltham. Kelly Youga used to live in the flat but has now moved out (gone back to France for treatment??).

Think the first team went yesterday to Swindon so maybe some of the youngsters?

Got a new neighbour who woke me up at 5.30am! And Charlton own the flats above me. They weren't boozing, a couple literally moved in late one night last week and woke me up moving in...bastards ha!!! Then this morning she was going on her hen do so I had 15 cackling hens, drinking champagne outside my window at 5.30!

Definite footballers wives....all fake tans, hair extensions, long nails, wearing Marbella 2010 tshirts ha!!..all being dropped off by their footballer boyfriends who all had the same cars, those Mitsubishi uht type things!! Was pleased when they got in their mini bus and went...but then the stags turned up so I literally couldn't get back to sleep, so now I'm grumpy mcgrumperson!!

Comments

• I live in New Eltham, seen Youga in the co-op before in his track suit, he was singing quite loudly to himself, mrs thought he was a bit weird!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Take your pick on who it could be....

This is from a colleague of mine who lives in New Eltham. Kelly Youga used to live in the flat but has now moved out (gone back to France for treatment??).

Think the first team went yesterday to Swindon so maybe some of the youngsters?

Got a new neighbour who woke me up at 5.30am! And Charlton own the flats above me. They weren't boozing, a couple literally moved in late one night last week and woke me up moving in...bastards ha!!! Then this morning she was going on her hen do so I had 15 cackling hens, drinking champagne outside my window at 5.30!

Definite footballers wives....all fake tans, hair extensions, long nails, wearing Marbella 2010 tshirts ha!!..all being dropped off by their footballer boyfriends who all had the same cars, those Mitsubishi uht
    type things!! Was pleased when they got in their mini bus and went...but then the stags turned up so I literally couldn't get back to sleep, so now I'm grumpy mcgrumperson!!

Didn't realise Mitsubishi made milk too - I'll keep an eye out for that ;-)
  • Where are these flats? Can't be on the old stanley factory surely, they are falling to bits already.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Where are these flats? Can't be on the old stanley factory surely, they are falling to bits already.

Oi that's where I live you cheeky git.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Where are these flats? Can't be on the old stanley factory surely, they are falling to bits already.

I guess from his Username, the Lame Lion must be a neighbour of yours too, Nicho?
  • that post doesnt make sense tho. the stags turned up - a charlton player has also gone on a stag do?

no idea who it is anyway.
  • She's a bit blond.
  • Izale Mcleod.
  • Izzit? thought he was already married as i remember a post about his wife and him in the newshopper.
  • I was gonna say i know who it is........but the grumpy mcgrumperson i know is a brunette.
  • Sponsored links:

• That was just a random guess to be honest.

I'm sure i do remember reading somewhere about one of the players getting married in the summer.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Where are these flats? Can't be on the old stanley factory surely, they are falling to bits already.

I guess from his Username, the Lame Lion must be a neighbour of yours too, Nicho?

If he lives in Sparrows Lane then I could probably throw a stone at him from my gaff ;-)
  • Izale Mcleod is already married yes.
  • edited May 2010
    If its a Charlton player going on a stag do the night before our first leg play off then he can't have had many team mates going on it. Unless it was Moo2 as then none of them would go anyway.
  • Rather than the men going on the stag do, I think they were just dropping off all of their missus' to go on the hen do.
  • Look what you've started WSS.

I fully expect our team to run out the tunnel tonight wearing hawaiian shirts and novelty wigs
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]

I guessed so ;-)

Did you move there to be close to the best kebab shop in SE London?
  • Izale is married and lives in Luton.

It would have to be one of the foreign players for them to be living in the Charlton flats, surely?
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

I guessed so ;-)

I keep that place in business! And don't forget the Charlton cafe run by Elvis, best greasy spoon in SE, we are spoilt.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

I guessed so ;-)

Having recently also moved into stanley close, which one is that then?
  • Sponsored links:

• You keep it in business? I've been going since 1997 and the last few weeks I've been in about 3 times a week!

If I ever ring up an order they know my name as soon as I've said "alright mate?" haha cracking place.

Not a big fan of the cafe though, it's ok but not the best.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFC, We hate Palace[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

I guessed so ;-)

Having recently also moved into stanley close, which one is that then?

New Eltham Grill. Next to the Costcutter on Avery Hill Road.
  • Crikey another Charlton fan in Stanley Close, how you finding it CAFC, We hate Palace?

Sparrows Line Lion, probably stood next to you in there numerous times... I bet if the cafe took down all the Charlton stuff on the walls you would like it!
  • haha it's ok but I frequent another near work that has set the standard so high that cafe can't come close!

He used to have some Millwall stuff in there years ago as well. I'll have to donate something I think...
  • You frequent the beehive at all? Really good in there now actually. How desperately did New Eltham need a boozer, landlord a Charlton fan as well i'm afraid as well though. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Crikey another Charlton fan in Stanley Close, how you finding it CAFC, We hate Palace?

Sparrows Line Lion, probably stood next to you in there numerous times... I bet if the cafe took down all the Charlton stuff on the walls you would like it!

Yeh so far so good. How long you been there?

I have been to the new eltham grill and was pretty impressed, although it wasnt open at 2am when i had a party a few months back which was a shame
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFC, We hate Palace[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Crikey another Charlton fan in Stanley Close, how you finding it CAFC, We hate Palace?

Yeh so far so good. How long you been there?

I have been to the new eltham grill and was pretty impressed, although it wasnt open at 2am when i had a party a few months back which was a shame

Been there about 18 months, fantastic location and good overall although I wish I was on the other side as i'm opposite the alley way where our council paid lodgers and their offspring like to congregate.
  • CAFC - I'm afraid it shuts at 1130, or sometimes midnight if I ring and ask nicely :-)

We don't want no late night openings round our way, keep the riff raff and drunkards away from here for as long possible!

nichorob - I went to school in Welling so all my lot are from over that way so don't use "the dive" (as it was known) too often. Been in there a few times though and it is decent. Spoke to the landlord a fair bit on Xmas eve, he is really making an effort (& the prices reflect it!) but as you say, nice for New Eltham to finally have a boozer that you can go to without worrying about it kicking off every time. Have you tried the Park Tavern in Eltham opposite Argos? Not bad in the summer with a decent little patio garden.

& those little shits by the alley, do my nut in.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Been there about 18 months, fantastic location and good overall although I wish I was on the other side as i'm opposite the alley way where our council paid lodgers and their offspring like to congregate.

cool, yeh location is spot on for the station etc.

I'm over at the back corner in the terraced houses
  • edited May 2010
    Will keep that in mind Sparrows, not too up with my Eltham pubs, usually go the other way into Chislehurst. The Beehive is well worth a second chance.

CAFC, We hate palace - best position there mate.