Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

how does this compare to 98

2»

Comments

• Options
    In 1998 Riscardo was 27
    In 2010 Riscardo was 27
  • Options
    Chizz - thats brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]were palce in dire straits financially or was it the following yeart

palace are always in dire financial straits
  • Options
    lol ....banter
  • Options
    THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN 98 FACT AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS
  • Options
    i said we'd definitely fail in the play offs in 98 ... my last wrong prediction
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN 98 FACT AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS

did you say that back then this is more important than last toime
  • Options
    Nope this is shit or bust for our club end of.
  • Options
    I think the big difference is that in 98 the general perception was that Charlton were a club "on the up" Had we lost that final I genuinely feel that we would have continued knocking on the door of promotion. Curbs was in his pomp and all things on and off the field seemed to me to be moving forward. This time round we are a club peering into an abyss and failure does not this time does not bode well for our next few seasons. Huge amount resting on these games and I really hope that we can come through. Have a feeling we just might. COYR.
  • Options
    I think this thread is supposed to be more about the similarities, rather than the differences between 98 and 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I think this thread is supposed to be more about the similarities, rather than the differences between 98 and 10.

Then surely the title should be "What are the similarities between 98 and 10" ?
  • Options
    yer the founder of this thread is a knob anyway
  • Options
    what time does the ticket office(commercial centre) shut.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yer the founder of this thread is a knob anyway

pmsfl

your a happy fecka today
  • Options
    took you long enough LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yer the founder of this thread is a knob anyway

pmsfl

So now he's a knob with pish stained trousers. Sounds like someone to avoid IMHO.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]took you long enough LOL

i tried not to rise to it you moody fecka according to you on the take over thread we are back on so this game is of minor significance ala 98 :-)
  • Options
    I think it was said by open all hours waggott the potential suiters are waiting to see what division we will be in next year.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We had a labour government in 98.
    Perhaps our promotion chances hinge on Nick and Gordon having a chat...
  • Options
    fcuk i'll make do with another year in div1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]fcuk i'll make do with another year in div1

me an all i dont want to go up that badly
  • Options
    First two semi final match results in 1998..

Ipswich 0-1 Charlton
    Sheff Utd 2-1 Sunderland

First two semi final match results 2010...

Leicester 0-1 Cardiff
    Blackpool 2-1 Nottm Forest

Spooky...
  • Options
    The right backs both share their surnames with well- known theatrical knights: Sir Ralph Richardson and Sir John Mills

And there's a beer connection at right wing: Lloyd 'Sam Smiths', Shaun 'Newton and Ridley'.
  • Options
    In 98 I was brewing in an exotic location (The Bahamas) and I flew over especially for the game.
    We had beers in the the Royal Oak the night before and Mike Stevens gave a number of us "expats" tickets for the after-match celebrations in a TV studio near Wembley.

I'm currently brewing in Australia, the rest is up to you, Mike Stevens!!!

Cheers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]First two semi final match results in 1998..

Ipswich 0-1 Charlton
    Sheff Utd 2-1 Sunderland

First two semi final match results 2010...

Leicester 0-1 Cardiff
    Blackpool 2-1 Nottm Forest

Spooky...

theres the best comparison so far

we are going up
  • Options
    how did i forget this one

in 1998 i was given the chance to be an uncle and godfather to a lovely young girl called natalie born in jan 1998

2010 that same young lady is going to be the godmother to my lovely young girl Scarlett born in january 2010

it is impossible to stop this Red train that is running all aboard the promotion express